Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

i am tim! posted:

Could you extrapolate on the Arm of the Destroyer bit? I've heard this before, but I don't recall ever seeing an explanation in those instances. Is it really better to use the single target Opo skills over Arm when AOEing while PB is down? Is that a hard rule, or is there a target count when you wanna start using Arm after all?

Yes; five. You might go down to four if you feel you crit so much that you can say your HotD will have the extra 25 potency from crits (i.e., at least one target will be crit every time you use HotD). Note that this doesn't take into account that it is a horrible TP hog and that you will very quickly be cutting into TP you could have been using to Rockbreaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

seiferguy posted:

Today's Oppressed Catgirls:

Literally :pusheen:

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

The real Dark Souls starts here. Incidentally, if anybody can craft any of these miscellaneous 1* relic token pieces on Excalibur, please let me (Bleu Walze) know, because everybody in PBC is almost certainly sick of my poo poo by now.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Requesting BOOOOOOOOSTO.txt

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Scrublord Prime posted:

I think having buttons allocated for combos and changing them based on where you are at your combo would work. For example, put 1 and 2 as your combo buttons. Then when Warrior starts they can hit 1 for Heavy Swing and 2 is disabled, then after Heavy Swing 1 becomes Skull Sunder and 2 becomes Maim, push 2 and 1 becomes Eye of the Storm and 2 becomes Storm's Path. You'd need 3 buttons for ninja though and there's no obvious way to restart a combo without finishing it without putting aside another button, and as mentioned before it wouldn't work well with Monks.

Really I just don't want to put aside so many buttons for Drg's long combo v:v:v

This is all just proof of MNK superiority, really.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Well, he finally did it. He finally got that relic, J.R.

He sure did, King. But...what in the hell? That music!

BY GAW, KING! BY GAW! IT'S HIM!

WILL NO ONE STOP THIS ANIMAL!? BY GAW, HE IS BROKEN IN HALF! GAW AS MY WITNESS, HE IS A BROKEN, BROKEN MAN!

Bleu fucked around with this message at 05:23 on May 5, 2016

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Dragoons can be used offensively...But they can also be used defensively...

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Is the Echo's music an arrangement of another Final Fantasy song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYulbgMfI5I

It sounds sort of like the Nibelheim music from FF7, but not quite.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

If we'er still going with ability bloat, the only viable way to get it to work is probably to link them to stances, the way Fell Cleave and Decimate simply don't need to be different buttons from Inner Beast and Steel Cyclone. And yeah, old and lovely abilities can probably just be erased - I would not really miss One Ilm Punch, Hand of the Destroyer, Featherfoot, or Haymaker, just off the top of my head. I know these abilities are useful, in the most technical sense that having them is better than not having them, but they're so rarely useful that I would much rather that level was replaced with a trait.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

No that's totally not worth it and not what I was trying to do. I was trying to move to get under an axe, and when that resolved I didn't move her fast enough and she started casting haircut on most of the arena. That was 100% my fault, and I've since learned the best way to maneuver her.

It's just frustrating as gently caress to put in the effort to explain fights and get people through the raid, only to make a single mistake and suddenly they're out for your blood. People want to be carried but they don't give a poo poo about the people carrying them.

Hey, man, no arguments here. I've told anyone who looks like they speak English that the playerbase of FF14 is twice as dumb and three times as heavy as any other MMO I've had the displeasure of interacting with, and I cut my teeth on DIKU and this loving thing. :downs:

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I'm at the home stretch guys, just did Keeper of the Lake, so close to Heavensward

Edit: Also I have no gil, will I need gil for heavensward? I can imagine suddenly a lot more things to buy both mechanics and minion collecting fronts

Protip zone: take gear every time, sell it on the AH. It's HQ and can be a bit of easy cash. I used most of the Gloam set all the way to 60.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Any DPS is greater than 0 DPS, which is what you do when you've got both thumbs up your rear end doing a ready check for trash.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

I like receiving cards when that card is Balance. It's very balanced.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Yeah I have no drat clue what Minfilia is going to do in that game either. :psyduck:

All of her attacks will be her talking into a linkpearl, followed by the WoL showing up with a different job to pound on the enemy.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Dammit that's not a damage debuff

Reprisal is the other source of generic -damage, but you have to be main tanking to parry something and its uptime is worse.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Kuvo posted:

xposting this

Manfilia belongs in a JoJo

Grandma Louisoix is my favourite there, but I like how there's literally no change to Alphinaud and Alisaie.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Are they going to condense gearsets? If they keep throwing more classes in there, they should probably collapse Scouting/Aiming and Striking/Maiming.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Kwyndig posted:

There's almost always room, DGKK and TPT have plenty of room, but PBC might have to do an inactivity purge soon.

That said, what the gently caress kind of FC doesn't let you say anything bad about other players. I mean, we're pretty hugbox at times but nobody hesitates to call out bad players.

Reminder that this game still keeps DPS meters against the EULA. :shrug:

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

This is why I laugh every time someone says the playerbase is too demanding.

They can be both! In fact, they usually are!

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

EponymousMrYar posted:

Millions of gil that is primarily useless until I want to spend it.

My want for getting unid'd items so I can advance my relic and check out it's neatness vastly outweighs my want for even more gil that will sit in my retainers pocket.

Have you considered buying items to increase your character's effectiveness and/or neatness?

That said, it's more like 100-130k per un'ided item from the moogles (7 nuts is 1 fiber is about 50k), so it's not really that bad to buy relic kibble with your kupo nuts. I would have paid 8 million gil to skip the grind.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

It's a fine "foundation" but it's ultimately a shitload of do-nothing trash mobs followed by a boss you probably vaporize by throwing pompoms around. It's boring, which is annoying because the EXP is quite good and there's a floaty head mount I probably want.

HenryEx posted:

Full disclosure: I posted my experience a little late. That actually happened on the day before the patch hit. :v:

So, can anyone tell me what the gently caress happened to gathering? Why's there only packs of two gathering nodes, each 300 meters apart spread all over the drat map? Please tell me that's only in western coerthas because that is obnoxious as poo poo

Nope! Don't gather until you can fly.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

Oh come on butts hardly qualify, spiked or otherwise

You should go look at his dialogue while he runs around giving people his butt. It's somethin'.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Tell me this quest comes up in the MSQ. I don't want to miss it.

Naw, it's some FATEs in Coerthas Western Highlands. Still good, though.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Also profit is totally meaningless in this game because there's nothing to spend gil on except stuff from other craft/gatherlords. It's really just "number goes UP" and "now I can buy more glamour and my seventh house on a seventh alt and funishings for it" which like, whatever. Kinda sad that there's no good gil sink but also it's nice that money really doesn't matter at all.

3.4 is probably going to include a new set of crafted gear that will probably be pretty good, much like the Eikon gear was.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Liver Disaster posted:

Easier than Sephirot Extreme? I could drag my old fc (kicking and screaming) through sephirot ex but nidhogg ex was enough for me to pay the fee to go to Excalibur.

If you can easily complete the Fang and Claw check you are basically stuck with a simpler dance than the treedad dance for the Hot Balls phase, with occasional breaks to spam Medica II. Hoggman is definitely the easiest extreme trial in HW so far.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

HenryEx posted:

Wait, so there's no expensive / crafted things you have to buy off the MB for the relic quest this time? :monocle:

You can collect astral sand by exchanging crafted mats or scrips, but...why? Get some vilekin.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

"The average player, I will bet you this morning, does not feel like these choices are meaningless, that talents are bad."

"But they are meaningless, and you are bad."

"Well, that's your view."

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

SonicRulez posted:

I just can't imagine playing a healer and not using a single damage spell. How do you not get bored? And I can't believe some of them get lovely about it!

It should really surprise no adult human that people can be extremely lazy if they think they can get away with it, and extremely bitchy when they can't.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Letting Greased Lightning fall off is haraam. Please respect the faith of Rhalgr.

Bleu fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Aug 12, 2016

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Dr Pepper posted:

You know, I have to wonder why the Garleans haven't just written Eorzea off. Every attempt to take it since Ala Migo has resulted in incredible losses of soliders and money.

My understanding of it is that it's because Eorzea won't genocide the poo poo out of all their beastmen the way the Garlean Empire did. They continue to summon their primals, which Garlemond considers an existential threat. Ifrit or Garuda could temper entire countries and then basically take over the planet.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

HenryEx posted:

How is that even possible.

Well on the upside i have 776 accuracy which is probably enough to never miss the boss of A12 Savage
And every additional point brings me, uuh

Don't worry, you'll be able to tell that you're accuracy capped for a boss because, uh

Ehh, whatever, gently caress it. Enochian is clearly the problem, and not that Brute Justice has 7 distinct phases followed by a painful DPS and healing check right at the end.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Leal posted:

My uncle at Nintendo showed me a screenshot of the workflow

This was worth the ten pages of awful posts.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

DRK at 50 was the correct level of complexity, and then they tacked on four more oGCDs. The could all have just safely been excised, the Salted Earth effect moved onto Dark Passenger, and the Delirium combo effect moved onto Power Slash, the same way Rage of Halone does -STR. I just stopped playing DRK after I levelled it to 60 because it was too much of a pain in the rear end compared to Buzzsaw Bill and its better everything.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

If your stupid snowflake class needs a new kind of armor set please put that snowflake out in the sun and melt it into another armor class, please. The loot tables in this game are already garbage.

If STR classes get combined into Slaying armor and DEX classes get combined into Scouting armor, then there would need to be one Casting armor user and one Slaying armor user to put 3 on every armor type.

Oh, what's this? Everybody really wants SAM and RDM? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Stop being wimps and get your cross-class skills.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

It's probably going to be fairly trivial for a monk to get enough SS to start doing double bootshine-truestrike rotations at the next tier of gear, which makes fracture completely obsolete in addition to the fact that it hoses your rapidly draining TP.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Tae posted:

Well I finally hit 60. What's the highest i-gear without doing multiple runs of a dungeon?

A mix of eso and lore gear by sitting around on your rear end levelling crafting classes while you do hunts.

That said, just wait two weeks before you go HAM on gearing up, seriously. Basically every piece of gear in the game is going to become obsolete shortly.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

EponymousMrYar posted:

'Obsolete' is kind of a strong word for this. The goalpost and ilvl cap is going up yeah, but Lore's still a good investment right now. Stocking up on Eso to convert to Lore would be a good idea at this point (it's typically a 1:4 exchange rate, IE 2k Old Tome will get you 500 New Tome.)

Exactly. So don't buy anything, sit on your rear end, and wait two weeks. Go grind an Adamantoise, the gentleman's mount.

Grinding tomestones right now is dumb, though, because you can do it four times faster real soon. Just do some hunts. Go level DRK or something. Do Pooty Dee and bank some potsherds so you can make bank when materia go crazy.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

When I'm tanking and someone does that, I let them die. I don't care if it's the healer. Have you tried asking the tank to pull bigger and that you can handle the healing?

Yes, I have tried communicating with the passive-agressive ERP zombies of this game. It is a waste of time. Would it help if I said 'oops' every time Stone 2 started flying out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

EponymousMrYar posted:

I would rather have someone that tries and messes up Mudras than someone who cannot even spam their basic 150 potency opener.

I still remember that MCH who made the Fractal Continuum annoying because 90% of their actions were Clean Shot. Unbuffed, no ammo, Gauss Barreled, Clean Shot.

You only did Fractal once? :v:

• Locked thread