Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
Anyone know if the game codes for the expansion are region locked? My account is a US account but I live in Aus so I'm worried about buying a non functioning code.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

kirbysuperstar posted:

EU/NA, same as the base game.

I bought an Australian game time code that didn't work with my US account one time. Boy was that stupid.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Seems square enix under estimated how many pre-orders they'd be getting.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

I think it's kinda funny that I was watching an e3 stream today where game developers were talking about how it's impossible to properly prepare for intense server load, then this happens. They're not wrong.

Hopefully everything's stable by the 23rd.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

I downloaded the patch, then bought the expansion and logged back into expecting to just be able to play, but for some reason I need to download another patch that was about the same size? I can't seem to get anything more than 90-200kb/s too so it'll take all day at this rate.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

As a mediocre and unremarkable PLD, I'm glad DRK didn't make me obsolete.

I'll just be over here, poppin cooldowns and not dying.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

a healing tank is a legitimately cool idea and I'd play one, I already bust out a heal occasionally if the healer is eating it

though I never played ff11 was that like a thing there

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Hivac posted:

paladin in xi gets more enmity out of just sitting there like an idiot and spamming cures on themselves rather than using their abilities

well that's no fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Eej posted:

ffxi in a nutshell

I should check out ffxi one of these days since everything I hear about it sounds loving weird, like someone designed an MMO after only hearing what they were like second hand

• Locked thread