Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ok fine.

Leal posted:

Post your catgirl

I wanna start blackmaging again right now. :supaburn:

I stumbled into having tomorrow off so i can start setting poo poo on fire as soon as i wake up (servers permitting).

Maybe i'll just stare at the launcher 'til then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Kuvo posted:

SE showing they know their audience with these new retainer quotes

Sold!

Good thing i still have a retainer fantasia.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

That's a real nice minion.

but this is the one i have my sights set on!

i need it right now

also

:smith:

edit: the catte and the red panda are dungeon drops, no idea about Alphinaud

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

C'olonel Sanders ordering NPCs around now.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Velveteen posted:

Minions are the most adorable thing. I thought all they did was follow you cutely but I just noticed how the coeurl kitten changed to an aggressive stance and started scratching the enemy with its tiny paws. This this the best. I need them all.

The coeurl kitten and the wolf pup will attempt to fight each other, Moogles dance together, some (succubus for example) will respond to /beckon and land on your shoulder, or head if you're a Lala.

If you were to /slap a fat cat it would scurry away from you. Don't do that though, that would be mean.

There's many more I'm forgetting. Plus read all their descriptions, some funny stuff tucked away there.

Target a pet and do /handover to feed them. :3:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh good it's not just me.

I love Ley Lines, i want to cast that fast all the drat time! Thankfully the cooldown is only 90seconds so i almost feel like i can.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Random fanart roundup.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

KaneTW posted:

Hit 60BLM yesterday. The class is amazing. Fire IV owns. Nailing Enochian owns. Doing 1000 DPS at i160 owns even more. SMN now have besser AoE but who cares.

Story was really good and the final zone/dungeons are the best. Neverreap sucks but whatever.

That's what i want to hear! I'm only at 54, but sure like ley lines and sharpcast seems like it'll be fun to learn how to properly use.

also, nice av. Fredrika owns

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Zerilan posted:

Anyone know yet where to get the Gaelikitten minion?

Drop from the boss in the 2nd dungeon you unlock, I think.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'm a teeny bit sad to be losing swiftcast+flare, but I never expected my rotation at 60 to be the same one I've been doing for months while 50.

What's the new standard for burning down trash packs?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

:argh:

:cry:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Are there Lalafel kids to? They must be soooo tiny.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

rock2much posted:

Anyone else miss skill chaining and bursting? Maybe not the way it was in 11 if it makes it to 14 but I did like coordinating special attacks.

It's me. I do.

I guess they made that way way less important in 11 in the years after CoP. Coordinating special moves is cool and if anyone could make it fun and useful it's this dev team.

It's not gonna happen, but I do think it would be neat.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Why

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Truga posted:

I think I'd like neverreap a lot more if my only 60 right now wasn't a BLM.

As it is now, though, gently caress neverreap forever.

As a BLM and someone who just unlocked it yesterday, it was kind of astounding how I continually managed to pop all my cooldowns just before a phase required running all over the place.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Wonder which patch will have new beastmen dailies. (assuming they're coming, i guess)

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Evader posted:

Character created on Excalibur! Just had to set my alarm for 6AM EST this morning and hop on; it was 30 minutes after maintenance had ended.

Now to begin my headsplitting journey! Here's hoping that by the time I reach Heavensward Dark Knight will no longer suck!

Welcome, person with a very good avatar.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Mo0 posted:

I didn't realize WTFast had a free option; are the video ads obnoxious on it?

It shows some ads while it's starting up, that's about it. I notice them about as much as i do any other internet ads. Every couple of weeks it asks you to extend your free version and that might take a minute or two longer than normal to wait for (it makes you log out and back in again)

It's so convenient and seems to work well enough i'm actually getting tempted to buy the stupid program just to say "thanks" to them for it.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I only now just got around to reading the live letter and stumbled across some cool and/or silly things I figured I'd share some of the things I haven't noticed other people posting yet.

quote:

Q33. When are you planning to unlock new ranks for Grand Companies?
A33. We’re currently planning Grand Company-related content, so we believe we’ll release new ranks when adding this content. It’s not fun moving into the next rank just by collecting something, so we think it’s good timing to add new types of content when releasing the ranks.

Q39. Are you planning to increase the rank of our companion chocobos?
A39. We do not have any plans for this at the moment. We currently planning for new content that utilizes chocobos and magitek armor, and we will be making adjustments for this.

Q43. Will Tataru ever create gear for us players?
A43. It may be that she didn't have a high enough crafting skill to make gear which Warriors of Light can wear. If it becomes available, please don't store Tataru's gear right away.

Q64. Can you make it possible to share a house with our Eternal Bond partner?
A64. While this is not limited to Eternal Bond partners, we are planning to implement a system in Patch 3.1 for housemates. You'll be able to enjoy decorating, raising chocobos, and gardening together.

Grand Company advancement quests? Tataru crafted PC gear!? Moving in with your cattewife!? New content that involves the magictek armour mount!

Cool poo poo all around.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

[Fat Chocobo][Just used it]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJugrJsYKl4

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Eorzan fashion

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

These crossovers are getting ridiculous.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah, found it on his tumblr.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

As a caster i sometimes wonder what kind of view melee have of various fights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR4JMdEvbmc
Now I know.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Soundtrack and musical moogle minions. :monocle:
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/001110.html

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Frog Act posted:

So is it possible to raid in this game without poopsocking? I really, really enjoy white mage and when I hit 60 I want to do some of the end game content, but I'm starting a graduate degree in two weeks and won't be able to raid like I could when I was a teenager/younger person in WoW and RIFT. Can I still participate or am I hosed?

You definitely can. Alex normal can be done with random people and when they put in new 24 man stuff that will be too. The quality of duty finder can vary wildly, so finding some more permanent people definitely can't hurt, but you can do a whole lot of stuff at whatever pace you like.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Zweihander01 posted:

In extremely important news, Moonfire Faire is back!

Give me a two-seater bombchair Yoshi

I can't wait to have a lesbian catgirl/potato flying romance of my very own.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

FaintlyQuaint posted:

i am pretty sure that is a kid miqo'te

unless lalafells have giant ears that ive literally just never noticed because lalafells are potatoes and not worth paying attention to

They totally have big ol ears.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

ilifinicus posted:

Except that they are the source of the ONLY PAIR OF KNEESOCKS IN THE ENTIRE GAME

Oh is that where they are? Maybe i'll switch.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

kirbysuperstar posted:

Please bring back stupid EQ1 poo poo like not being able to raid a place because some other group is already in there clearing everything out, that was really cool.

Waiting around for another group to get out of the Burning Circle/Dynamis/Promyvion was great! Great i say. :shepicide:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I've playing this game for a year and still am learning more and more about how messed up 1.0 apparently was.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Does the PBC house have watermelons?

we should get some watermelon.

e:
and some stern folk to guard it.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Aug 17, 2015

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

seorin posted:

You joke, but I've been fishing more than ever lately. It's taken the place of running random dungeons as BLM just for kicks.

If only we could combine the two.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

kirbysuperstar posted:

Much more importantly, that's a fuckin' fat cat plushie behind Yoshi. I need this.

YES!

Also, some slides:

'

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Denmo makes cool videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75nMJZa46tM

Also, this game is really pretty. I sometimes forget while i'm so focused on properly setting things on fire.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Pews posted:

Is there a way to turn off the auto-face at start of cast thing?

Yes.

I forget what set of options it's under tho! Sorry.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Rincewind posted:

And I'm psyched about my new glamour. :sparkles:

Omg omg.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

ACT followup after a roulette: I'm better at this game than I thought :stare:

Haha, I had much the same experience. Then i did some stuff with some PBC dudes and got my rear end handed to me numbers-wise. Oh well.

ALSO

a kitten fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Aug 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

ApplesandOranges posted:

What's the most you'd ever pay for a glamour item?

I recently forked over 350k...so that much i guess. So far.

• Locked thread