Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh god why did I set my alarm for a whole hour before the end of maintenance?

Also, now I'm wondering what the hell is The Forbidden Chakra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

BEEAARR!! posted:

And now I really want this to be a thing...

Same. Hildibrand seems like a natural fit for Chrono Trigger nods.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Great idea YoshiP, let's instance the new areas so they don't get congested! The original areas, the ones that people will need to log into to actually get to the areas without congestion? Oh, those will be fine :v:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Smart Car posted:

I managed to get the company actions up, so when you can actually log in you will at least have reduced teleport costs. :toot:

Also I see they're basically forcing us to use those wheel things if we want level 3 company actions, so, I guess somebody should get on that, eventually, when we can log in.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Get hype

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Nice to see that I don't really practice good trigger discipline.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Downtime posted:

50 Drk, now the real fun begins!

Oh my god that sword looks amazing. Is that the magitek weapon for DRK?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Mo0 posted:

This reminds me, I think I was working on my books before I stopped playing, is that weapon going to be immediately obliterated upon hitting expansion content or should I still work on getting the stuff for it?

If you take it all the way to Zeta it's still good for a couple levels.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Incomprehensible nonsense is what my hotbars look like as AST. I haven't played it enough to realize anything more than which buttons make the heals.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Danith posted:

I'm thinking about trying this out again and have a question. If I delete my character on Excalibur, will I be able to make a new one without dealing with the 'no new chars can be created on the server' thing?

Why would you delete your character?

And no, you'd just be loving yourself.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Okay.. Au Ra female log out animation in the inn is the most fetishy thing ever. Although I doubt anyone else has seen it since most players didn't log out during Early Access.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Fancy Corndog posted:

None of the classes are very different honestly. They'd just be cool.

Could do a parry tank with it maybe.

Now Blue Mage, that's one that I want but don't ever see them doing.

Dark Knight is already a parry tank. Not that parry is any good, still, and thankfully it has actual mitigation cooldowns, but it uses parry the same way Paladin uses shield blocks.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Ciaphas posted:

Appreciated. This means I'm gonna google it when I get home though, because I hate myself.

(edit)

I had a flash of memory, isn't that the one that utterly wiped out your save file as a reward for one of the endings? Man even FFXI wasn't that hardcore :v:

Yes. If you get the last ending to Nier it erases your save data and makes a note in the game's config save preventing you from ever making a dude with the same name.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Kitfox88 posted:

its me

im the nin that forgets to turn on poisons

dont metershame

What up poison forgetting buddy.

I'm against meters though, mostly because they don't actually fix the fundamental problem with bad DPS, which is either a refusal to learn how their abilities work or an inability to learn/keep up with mechanics. Just having a number doesn't tell anyway what's wrong, only that something is wrong.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Nekrews posted:

I already had that and most of the twists spoiled for me so I wasn't too invested in the whole thing really. But the common explanation that no weapon = no power works for me.

Just started the Ishgard stuff and the fact that Alphinaud has a new VA that doesn't make me switch tabs is cool too!

They actually mention that in the 50 DRK quest. Speaking of which, that entire 30-50 questline is pretty incredible. Although it really makes me wish there was a chair made of skulls and bones in the game. The post 50 DRK trainer though, it's like YoshiP kept sending back the design with the words 'more spikes' and 'darker' written on them.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Dark Knights do look really cool. I'd post screens of mine but I'm on my phone.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

vOv posted:

All I want is a BLM hat that makes me look like Vivi from FF9. Is that so much to ask?

Only if it has a /visor so I can turn it off randomly during dungeons.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

They use the glowing eyes effect on Fray during the 30-50 DRK quests so I'm guessing is just something they don't want to overuse in the cutscenes.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Even if there were free transfers it's not like they would let you transfer ONTO one of the most populated servers in the game.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Boten Anna posted:

They like killed them off in the 1.0 msq as I recall

Yeah Gaius straight up shoots them in the head from my understanding.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Klungar posted:

The Hinterlands is the worst, because you get there at 57, but can't unlock flying until 59, and it's basically impossible to run FATEs in that zone to earn those two levels without flying because the whole zone is split in two through Idylshire.

Guess I need to remember to hit the leveling roulette a few times while I'm doing MSQ because I just finished Bismarck.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Have they said what the Halloween-style event is going to be this year?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

There is maintenance for everybody tonight. Euro datacenter just had a longer one than everybody else because they had to make a transfer of servers to actual Europe.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

They're probably patching in this year's All Saints' Wake event.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yep, maintenance always ends after weekly reset now.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Now I'm wondering, did they ever go into the actual process of them transferring the servers over to Europe? I'm imagining they just grabbed the hard drives and flew them to the new European datacenter but for all I know Square enix instead did something insane like packed up the actual hardware and moved it.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The fastest way to transfer files of the size involved here is to physically transfer the medium, yes. It's every player character on every world in the datacenter, that's gotta be at least a couple dozen terabytes unless their storage scheme is really good (it's not).

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It will be nice to see some plots open on servers and of course the timer is less than a patch cycle for both, got to keep people paying those subscriptions, after all.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

seiferguy posted:

Maybe one day we'll get an evasion tank class and DEX will be useful for that.

Quoting because this is hilarious. If the development team have learned anything from working around the FFXI guys it would be evasion tanks are bad for encounter design. All the existing tanks are mitigation and tend to do roughly the same numbers there, an evasion tank would be nightmare on healers, since if they were pure evasion with no mitigation they would be fine until they actually got hit, where they would drop instantly if it was a tank buster.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Jeez I don't even have one thing at 60 yet. Guess I've been taking it way too easy.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Flying loving everything :allears:

Flying passenger mounts is going to change exploration though if you don't have to unlock flying to ride along.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh god why are miq'ittens so cute??? :3:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Somebody in PYF found the real life fat cat.

Chili posted:

Oh god you guys, I'm so happy.

My fiancee and are continuing along with fostering kittens/cats from our local SPCA. There was a cat that needed fostering who was... 30 pounds. Yes, a 30 pound cat. His name is Butterscotch and he looks incredible.

Anyway, we were going to pull the trigger but someone else beat us to it. But today, we found out that his current fosters have sucked and he didn't eat with them for 3 days! Needless to say these people were let go and we were immediately summoned to come and get him, we're one of the SPCA's favorite fosters!

It's a really good day, we get DAT FAT KITTY and we found out we're doing a good job.

Of course, there will be far too many pictures of Butterscotch posted on Friday, once we get him. According to our point person, he's very needy and cuddly. This is going to be the best.

He won't be Fat Kitty forever, we're gonna be working with him to get him to a healthful weight so he can be adopted (but this already feels a hell of a lot like a foster failure).

Are you ready for Fat Kitty? You better be ready, 'cos Fat Kitty is a comin.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

There are so many sidequests between 50-60 it's ridiculous though. Dungeons still remain the best exp source for your time, but so many sidequests.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It's more that these services is someone just typing into chat at them.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Technogeek posted:

Can we get a hardmode version of the void ark series in the future?
Using the 1st void ark as an example...

TL : DR
210 dyable void ark gear
higher boss hp
shorter enrage timers
higher incoming damage
failed mechanics = wipe
Only premade alliances can enter
aimed to be bis ex difficulty scaled to 24 man.

This would close the midcore content gap. The fights would be retuned, not redesigned. It would give meaning to grouping up outside of df. A sense of community would return to the end game. etc etc etc

WTF, the thing isn't even out yet and people are already trying to ask for crazy insane no way in hell poo poo.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Edit: double post

Kwyndig fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Oct 25, 2015

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Tortolia posted:

Guess I can finally finish my Excalibur Zeta with the new light changes (lol PLD). I wonder what the most efficient way to light grind will be if you can undersize it; maybe solo Sastasha speed runs?

Stoked for Singularity Extreme though.

That will depend on if/how much lower level duties give out in light on undersized.

Also I guess this means I'm never doing whale extreme.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I have hated over melding for forever because of what a stupid money sink it is. Now if they would make higher rank materia more effective it wouldn't matter, but unless they totally fix a few things it will still be hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Thundarr posted:

I'm getting a sort of "Captain Nemo and his airborn Nautilus face unspeakable horrors of the deep void" vibe from Void Ark. I think I'm cool with that. I am also cool with literal 100 foot dinosaurs in exploratory missions.

Also, with a release on 11/10 it means that house reclaims are going to start on Christmas day. Happy holidays. :unsmigghh:

Merry loving Christmas everyone!

• Locked thread