Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

also everyone please read the catgirl butt thread

For a lot of good ideas about how to make the game better? I agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Uhhhhh, cool?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

This is why, as tank, I sometimes set a really rapid pace in the dungeon and then stop abruptly right next to a larger-than-normal group of monsters' aggro range. One of the DPS usually gets antsy and stumbles past me and pulls and they all start getting cut the hell up and I just stand there waiting.

Then I come back in and with a single flash everything is under control again. Never forget who's running these loving dungeons, dragoons.

Yeah you sure showed .... them ...?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

ilifinicus posted:

I'm sure authors of sprawling worlds like ff14s are not fans of players trying to insert themselves into places in the game that they have no business being in when there's already a spot in the game written for them

what I'm saying is gently caress RPers

Yeah, those gosh darn roleplayers are a menace, what with their ... hurting ... anyone, ever ...?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

If I just came back for the first time since like, gently caress idk, 3.1? and my ilvl is a little under 210, what should I be doing? I feel like so much poo poo has changed since I took a break, I don't know the best way to get Lore, everything's confusing.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

just because a system is the way it is doesn't mean it's good

see also: cleric stance

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Failboattootoot posted:

Goodness is immaterial to the conversation at hand? Someone asked for advice and the main advice to tell someone looking to start crafting is you need to level all of them or you will be barely functional so if you aren't willing to commit then don't bother.

i feel like it's okay to have discussions in this thread about ways the game could be improved; it isn't like there's another xiv thread to go to

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Kwyndig posted:

I like the QoL stuff they debuted in that new blog post. Having minions spawn when you log in is nice, and the sitting/lounging change is something I never expected but now realize I always wanted.

Where is this?

nm i found it

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Raging Strikes is just flat out gone

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Oh my god they removed Cleric Stance as we knew it (and just turned it into a healer DPS cooldown) thank gently caress

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

This is such a great change and something they should have done a long time ago, I can play healer again, this is fantastic

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

I really like the new Monk UI element for chakra and GL

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

PLD gets an "oath gauge", they haven't said what that is yet

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

For those who aren't watching live

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

the others

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Everything about this new UI stuff is so cool, I didn't think they'd put this much effort into it

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

"Warrior has changed significantly"

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

~quintuple fell cleave~

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

that machinist flamethrower, holy gently caress

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

UHD posted:

I can't watch the stream - does this mean, say, Malefic will just be one button and its rank will automatically drop to 1 for level synched content?

Yes.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Parry is gone.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Accuracy gone too ...?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Piety no longer a main attribute

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Oh my god you're so much faster now

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

I don't know if they know what "removal" is

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Like ten abilities in pvp, nice

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

in all honesty this would probably make pve too easy. rotational complexity is bad in pvp.

I agree w/ this, consolidated combos shouldn't be in pve

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Consolidating combos in PVE would make it simpler, not easier, but simpler is not always better

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Truga posted:

Probably fairy suicides if it runs out.

Annoying complexity is never better though.

Monk has six buttons in its core rotation; cutting that down to, say, two (for back and side rotations) would make it much more difficult to weave the combos together as is often necessary for proper monk play.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Klades posted:

I don't see how this is the case at all. One button shows rear attacks, one shows sides, they both change based on what form you're in.

you're right, I didn't think that example through

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

$25 to catch all the way up, oof

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

yep, $25 per job to 60

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Sinteres posted:

I'm going to seriously think about buying a bunch of job potions, but only if you can still do the class quests.

I'm pretty sure they said they're flagged as completed

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

With the revamp, there will be no need to level multiple jobs if you only care about one.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Also, now that it's over, I'm pretty loving excited about basically every single thing they announced today; I was sorta on the fence about SB but now this next month is going to be utter torture

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Where can I see all these monk changes people are freaking out about

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Countblanc posted:

also dang people play a lot of woman characters in this thread

What else would you play? :confused:

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Tiny Princess
Voted Least Likely To Actually Be Tiny

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Failboattootoot posted:

Aquapolis and potd are bad content, actually.

How does it feel to be so very wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Failboattootoot posted:

I dunno, how does it feel to enjoy content that is 99% trash fights?

Pretty good. :)

• Locked thread