Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

DRG on the other hand is just the story of your #1 fangirl.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Blockhouse posted:

So I dunno if this is a spoiler but the Japanese track has a reference the dub didn't carry over

when talking to Aymeric after the Vault in the english version when he says he has to stop the archbishop, in the Japanese dub he says 'we must stop my father...no, we must stop the Primal "Knights of Round"

kind of a huge shift there
Hasn't a lot of the Japanese text/dialogue been a lot more blatant since forever pretty much though?

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

King Cohort posted:

People want to know if I am actually doing my job in this cooperative video game so we can successfully defeat encounters and not waste the time of three/seven other people?
TOXIC
PROBLEMATIC
I'M BEING TRIGGERED
There is a DPS meter in the game, it is called bismarck extreme.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Mordiceius posted:

There need to be more things to dump poetics on. I'm constantly getting capped and all there is to buy is the ironworks gear that I don't want/need.
Poetic armor is basically desynth fodder assuming you got the skills.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Not crappy version of the Alex preview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZBTVjhKr5E

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Vermain posted:

The tanks need to swap between each Discord in order to ensure that they have sufficient CDs to survive the tank buster.
just lmao

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Tenzarin posted:

I got kicked from a3 for not "doing my homework" on the fight and looking it up online. How good are the GMs about resolving issues like this?
as random pubbie ~mao zedong~ once said if a duty finder ifrit extreme, "watch a loving video"

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

but what level is provoke?

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Minrad posted:

[13:20](Machuca Papa) Lets pound the furry bastards

:yikes:

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

The real secret to PVP is just to roll as a Flame if you really want to win rather than fighting the self-defeating tidal wave that is two GCs full of people that can't comprehend basic zone control.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Mordiceius posted:

This is to me what pvp Paladins are to Belzac.
welcome to the free market you sheltered little poo poo

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Evil Sagan posted:

So like, when you run Neverreap for the 20th time, are you planning to give the eso-chest pubbies poo poo in Party chat or will you just seethe at your monitor as you sleepwalk through the dungeon?
i am going to vote kick them for being insufferable and menacing my gameplay experience

Dukka fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Aug 4, 2015

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

just roll a die or something

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Mexicat posted:

anyone have those great pics of the balmung PF with like 'dom miq'ote looking for sissy femboy to be lowered into box of spiders' and other similar posts about spiders
well i haven't seen anything about spiders, but

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

kafziel posted:

If this is serious, why the wait?
the false and utterly worthless ideal of ~raiders' honor~

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Evil Fluffy posted:

Feel free to clear A4S and post a video of it.
could I have perhaps stated what I did as a joke? one that was far to difficult to decipher??

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Fister Roboto posted:

Do you seriously not see the problem with this? Like, do you really think it's OK for some groups to clear slower than others because one of their tanks chose the wrong class?
pld is a class so wrong it shouldn't even be allowed to exist

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

ApplesandOranges posted:

Are the big NA servers good in terms of market prices/general friendliness? The most popular ones seem to be Gilgamesh and Balmung considering it's near impossible to make a character there.
Here be two very dangerous places.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

ilifinicus posted:

Breaking apart mechanics is fun, but mechanics having their punishing element being trivialized and not causing an instant wipe - in the final battle of a raid tier - is bullshit. So far T5, T9 and T13 all have had poo poo that, if you didn't deal with it correctly, bye bye raid. They don't cancel all of those mechanics out, but two of the major ones are just gone from anyone's concern. It would be like removing the death walls of the previous tiers and making it possible to just soak divebombs. Not cool.
meanwhile in a sane world yoship and co. watch the video and simply say 'neat'.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

DizzyBum posted:

They could always expand the Recommendations feature to show when important unlockables become available, and not just show quests in the current zone. And using a different quest icon would be good - something to show that it's not just a lore sidequest.

I'm surprised that they don't use the class/job quest icons for the NPCs with said quests. It even shows up differently in your quest journal.

Boten Anna posted:

PS3 limitations.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

sword_man.gif posted:

http://imgur.com/a/bRNl0 loving hell that's a lot of money
this kind of thing should make it totally okay to commit someone to involuntary care

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Elentor posted:

I don't get it. Do people pay gil to RP that someone is doing those things to them?
gotta pay the bills somehow

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

welcome to the world of i180 pinks

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Belzac posted:

The last thing this game needs is new classes when it can't even balance the current ones.
i dunno, pld is balanced perfectly fine into the dumpster where it belongs

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Belzac posted:

Oh, I guess we should bring them back by putting materia slots on raid gear. That will get them back right?
raid gear is a lovely crutch for bad players

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Vil posted:

I'm assuming it's Illuminati Gobtwine/coat for upgrading eso notweapons, but that Illuminati Gobdip will either a. not yet be available outside of savage at all (probably will be made available in 3.15 or 3.17) or b. only come from Void Ark (and savage) for now. Leaning towards the former.
While it was more while talking about the Void Ark tokens for eso upgrades, but they intend for savage alex to be the only way to get 210 weapons until 3.2. The thordan weapons will be a 205 stopgap.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Belzac posted:

This is possibly the dumbest thing Yoshi-p has ever said. Hey dummy, if 1/40th of all the tanks that have cleared A4S are PLD you obviously should not consider their defensive characteristics and just give them a dps buff so maybe we can get to 1/3 sometime this expansion.

Also this patch is tons of lovely stuff that people will play for a few weeks then lapse your sub again. Cool.
caring about paladin is very dangerous territory

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

the difficulty gap is literally a question of if you have functional fingers or not

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

ArtIsResistance posted:

people are quitting an mmo, that thing you do forever and never quit
this would never happen if tanaka was still in charge

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

i hope they delay 3.1 so this show can keep on trucking for a while longer

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

belzac is an OF elemental

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

stat pains make for a lot of entertainment, keep it going you dreamy studs

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Hopefully 3.2 includes fights accidentally tuned for zero latency like release T5, that way even super stat pink 210s won't make a difference.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

that table is more broken than 1.x

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Fister Roboto posted:

Unfortunately RI lasts a little longer than untraited Awareness.

Also,

:negative:
void ark is a cycle, tanks can't get in at the start of a week, yet can't find enough dps at the end

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Tenzarin posted:

How is the new patch? The game was getting mighty stale.
liberating ala mhigo was pretty fun

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Belzac posted:

The only funny "trolling" that has ever taken place in this game was when ilifinicus and KaneTW teamed up and figured out hunts before anyone in the world and we "stole" all the hunts for a couple days. This time was the golden age of XIV trolling. There will never be another time like it.
what about when yoshi developed diadem though??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Was Balmung ever designated as "The RP Server" or did all those ERP nerds just decide to roost there?
never anything official, just a bugzapper that doesn't actually work

• Locked thread