Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

hobbesmaster posted:

I meant diabolos but that was 2.2? Regardless they thankfully have not done anything that bad since

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMr2KQQII60

Just because Diabolos got a bad deal in a throwaway dungeon (which they've rightfully corrected), doesn't mean it's a bad fight! :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

How many other MMOs with a notable story actually feature you as a side character? WoW is the one that keeps coming up, and FF11 from what I understand puts you as perpetual #2, but in every MMO I've played, protagonist has always been the most important figure in the story, which at this point is kind of boring and is forever a source of cognitive dissonance when you have no actual agency as "the most important person in the world".

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Meldonox posted:

The Secret World did the same in a much cooler way, where being granted otherworldly superpowers simply meant that you're cannon fodder.

TSW really nails the growth of your character's value/importance in the story really well for the first campaign, I haven't played any of the "expansion" content so I'm not sure if that holds up at all.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

are we expecting apartments to sell out instantly on excal? i didn't get a chance to get over 500k before I had to log.

Depends on what you mean by "instantly", but my out-of-my-rear end estimate is Excalibur will sell out quickly, but not as fast as Balmung or Gilgamesh. I'd peg it at a few solid hours to make up the scrap/ask for a loan.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

SperginMcBadposter posted:

[from dark alleyway] psst, hey kid you wanna buy some waifus

primo miqo'te rear end, 100% handwork guaranteed

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Asimo posted:

I'm positive Elezen are the rarest race in game right now. Well, among PCs, obviously there's a fuckload of them in Ishgard. But anyone who wants a big/tall/buff character seriously or ironically takes a Roegadyn

I took male Elezen because Roegadyn are way too wide for my tastes, but dropped it like it was hot for Au Ra male and never looked back when 3.0 dropped.

They made a mistake by having Auri males be taller and more visually distinct from Elezen (horns, tail, etc)

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Holy poo poo that Alexander theme

SON--IC----BOOM!!

Emalde
May 3, 2007

I forgot that I was playing FF14 today, doing all of the 3.4 content. I queued in to a Leveling DR for Wondrous Tails, and ended up in a Dusk Vigil party where the tank was getting hit for 30% of their health from the first enemy auto-attacks. I can't Cleric Stance this, I can barely heal them normally! What's going on?

Oh... Ohhh... :stare:

(There was a BLM geared similarly with a white level 49 staff as well. It took ~8-9 minutes to get to the first Mylodon)

Emalde
May 3, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Do we have lyrics for A12 yet because that song is amazing.

KEEP UP THE PACE, KEEPIN' WITH THE QUICKNESS, GIVE 'EM THE WHAM BAM POW- TO THE BUSINESS

Emalde
May 3, 2007

My favorite game during A11:

EN...TRO...PY!

Emalde
May 3, 2007

ArtIsResistance posted:

Hello thread I have some questions because most of you are probably still playing this game, are the double tap crossbars any good for ps4 and is this patch the same as the last 3 patches?? ty

yes, yes.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Alder posted:

Well I guess that's what LS are for? I wouldn't mind a guild alliance though that way I can find more people to run dungeons late/early at night.

All the Au Ra.

This is the best picture. Demonkin are the best. I hope the next race is equally hosed up.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Sophia is the easiest extreme primal by far. I joined a PF group the other day and we got 6 clears without a single wipe.

Meanwhile I've been trying to farm it the entire week and end up having to teach every single person how every single mechanic runs through and am completely exhausted with it.

I never had this much trouble with getting people through Ravana, which I feel like is basically the same fight in principle here. :negative:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Kingly Whiskers and Demimog Materia are crashing now thanks to WT, so that's not the best idea anymore.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

At those prices he was best off going for the quick sale anyway, only a crazy[poor] person would buy non-HQ and if a non-HQ sat around on the MB at 1mil, people would begin undercutting it 50k+ at a time and it would have fallen to 500k for the budget-buyers anyway.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Office Surprise Store posted:

one weird trick to slash the crafting cabal's profits for good. they hate it!

everyone should support this initiative, frankly

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Bleu posted:

This, but unironically

Quoting this because I Am Down.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2016/All_Saints_Wake/

https://clyp.it/eedt4fny

Emalde
May 3, 2007

"If you like this, please destroy your chocobo house."

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Thundarr posted:

For Halloween, you can be a Dracula in a flying chair.

Secret seasonal mounts that they decided not to advertise in advance? :shrug:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

"too many questions" [about housing] - yoship 2016

Emalde
May 3, 2007

We already know the floor50+ weapons (and they're in the DB), but here's a still for ones that weren't in the 3.4 trailer:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

The thing that hasn't been mentioned thus far about housing being relevant to anything is Gardens. Luckily they've been smart enough not to feature anything important (eg ingredients for raid food or actual crafted gear) but there's a fair number of auxiliary/cosmetic things you can't get cheaply without having/having access to gardens.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Nill posted:

I want to believe he's a jab at all the RP'ers who have to buy namechanges now to fit the lore.

Names are literally the one thing they gave the most detailed outlines of way before anything else. The only people buying name changes for that are people who are cosplaying as NPCs at that point :v:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Not Max/500 speed spread, crazy strats itc :eyepop:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

boy are my arms tired posted:

40-50 is too random in how long it takes to clear that its not worth doing unless you need to max out your weapon/armor like right now

There's no reason to skip 40-50 because even if you don't need materia, they still sell for decent amounts.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

3.4's reveal was so obvious I was trying to convince myself that it HAD to be a misdirect or something, but no. :shrug:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

I kill everything when there's a WHM in the party, but only out of the convenience of "gather everything in the next ~4 rooms and blow it the hell up" rather than any general inclination towards the specific act of killing everything. But that in itself is a form of speedrunning floors, so :shrug:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Dastardly posted:

I really want to get to the bottom of why the Market Board crashes every weekend. Is it kids that finally get off school and dump all the stuff they've gathered over the week onto the board for insanely low prices? Is it Gil billionaires who's taken it upon themselves to undercut absolutely everything on the MB every Friday evening? Is it the kids get off school thing but working adults instead which makes it worse since they should know better?

As Part Of The Problem, it's self-perpetuating. All it takes is one person trying to get the quick sale "before it crashes" to start the fire that burns everything down.

If something is at 10k on Friday, surely listing for 7k will mean it sells quickly enough that I make some money before it ends up falling down to 4k on Saturday-night like it often tends to? "I want/need the money now" (hint: this is a big part of the issue), might as well take a loss upfront rather than suffer it in several days time.

Another big issue is that in every other MMO, markets don't literally stall out, because of the ability to buy items piecemeal from a listing actually exists. A massive amount of poo poo in the game ends up choking itself out because people list things in quantities of >1 and people don't want to buy in such amounts, opting instead to not pay the convenience tax and just get the item themselves or ask an acquaintance to do so. So the ever growing thirst for profit is drowned on both sides due to people being too lazy to list things in small quantities but simultaneously not being so willing to pay the "convenience tax", as it were.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

i'll watch it but only if you have 15 to 30 second intro before your content with your channel name and bad music. you get the sub if you've covered the chat no one wants to read anyway with an anime girl

I'm not even watching your video if there isn't at least one anime girl featured somewhere :colbert:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Makes sense - would you shuffle an ewer for the possibility of a balance with a SMN in the party?

The problem with AST atm is that you should always chase Balance, because it's *that* much more valuable as a card above the rest.

If your instance is going to be less than one minute in duration, then sure, use whatever you get, but since no such instance exists, it is mathematically optimal to always throw away something that isn't balance in pursuit of balance.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

ilifinicus posted:

it's probably something to do with internet routing. people all around me complaining about not being able to get in but I was never tossed out. milling about crafting for red scrips right meow

Can confirm, I have never had routing issues with this game, but tonight I can't log on unless I run mudfish.

They'll probably get it sorted pretty soon, but for now, enjoy all of the cities being emptied out :v:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Harrow posted:

(On that note, isn't Paladin called "Knight" in the Japanese version, or am I misremembering?)

Yes, and it always gives me a moment of confusion when the MP TTS-callout for "Knight" goes out on my ACT triggers and I have to remind myself that no, it doesn't mean "dark knight", because that's disabled since you can't regen MP with darkside :v:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

Kick this fucker because he didn't honorably bow to Sophia first.

Looking forward to holding all SAM to this standard.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

This joke took at least 20 days to prepare :patriot:

(but is appreciated because the Gnath shawl is seriously the only of its kind in the game which is absurd)

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Die because of pox and the healer won't even toss me a pity healer? Well should have used a potion!!!!

This one is fair, if you've done POTD more than a single time, you have multiple stacks of every tier of potion already.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Alder posted:

Nowaday is it really impossible to get the field commander's set from PVP?

Considering that it still takes a solid 40+ minutes to get into a PVP match on weekend nights when you queue for all 5 relevant entries, yeah.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

Is the maintenance tonight for 3.45?

Yes, get hype for POTD and new, sometimes-better 355 weapons that are relevant for precisely one week.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

My assessment:

1. Tank/Healer/DPS/DPS. This is not particularly optional unless you are *really* good and know what you're doing. Just like most 4-man content, WHM is going to be the most standard if you want to get things done faster just because of the reliable upfront burst available to it.

2. Fixed parties will take the pressure off immensely, but 50-100 takes quite a bit longer than 1-50, so set aside some time. You want all of the pomanders you can carry.

3. Angel pomanders by themselves are useful for clearing trash only. The AOE is floor-target, has a stun, and does about as much damage as you would with 5 stacks of vuln on a Succubus summon. HOWEVER, they specifically do extra damage to "undead" enemies, and will either 1 or 2 shot them.

4. Bosses on 80 and 90 have instakill mechanics. I'd suggest using your healer to babysit the one on floor 90. Nybeth himself is just a high intensity fight that will keep you constantly on your toes, healers should be wary as you will always be the first target for the ever-increasing amount of adds as the fight draws on. Save an angel and lust pomander or two for Nybeth's fight.

I'll be doing 101+ later today, but I really enjoy how this whole thing has been handled so far and am looking forward to the goofy stories that come out of it of people getting their asses handed to them or pulling themselves out of dire straits. :thumbsup:

Emalde fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Nov 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Do you think there's a way to stop the adds in the final fight or is it a burn before you die thing, do you reckon?

e: Also nice gains on the weapon, a nice run right there.

It's a soft enrage, at some point there will just be too many adds to actually stop unless you're scumming out the resolution pomanders.

• Locked thread