Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Thumbtacks posted:

What's the best way to use limbal rings? I'm expecting some people to make them clash horrendously just to be obnoxious or whatever but I'm trying to use them to accentuate eye color. Any thoughts?

Here's a thought: no one cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Working perfectly for me on Goblin server, but I just jinxed it I bet :(

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

ilifinicus posted:

it's only servers that have an actual population on them that are dying

That's cute, but you should really talk to a level 53 with more respect.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Flying Mounts are so cool you guys.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Whoa, Wrath gives Parry now.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The RoI on FATES seems really bad. They take forever and only give 8-16k xp for a gold as far as I can tell.

Also, Deliverance owns and Wrath doesn't give Parry even though the tooltip on the buff says it should.

EDIT: Actually it looks like Abandon isn't giving a crit bonus either, unless that sort of thing wouldn't show up on the stat screen for some reason.

fadam fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jun 19, 2015

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

dreffen posted:

Considering that's a lot more than what they gave I'm not sure why this seems bad to you?

Are you sure about that? I remember FATEs contributing way more, but I guess that was with Armory Buff.

Either way it's a waste of time. You can skip story cutscenes and get ~50k every 5-10 minutes, or you can do a Templeleve and get ~60k slightly slower.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Minrad posted:

if you are skipping the majority of the content to make a number go from 50-60 the most efficient method is to uninstall ff14 and just open the windows calculator

If the "majority of the content" is a JRPG storyline then lol no thank you.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

orange juche posted:

Then why in the gently caress do you even play this game?

Because I like killing monsters and raiding with my friends? I don't need a bunch of badly voice acted catpeople telling me about crystals and "warriors of light" to get enjoyment out of this game, sorry if that bothers you.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

orange juche posted:

Then why play FFXIV? Arguably WoW gives a better raid experience and you can ignore the gently caress out of the storyline there.

Because my friends play this game.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

dreffen posted:

Armory buff gives 100% which means more now, please shut the gently caress up.

You don't have friends don't tell stories.

You know you don't get the armory bonus unless you have a character above the one you're leveling right? Why would I be getting the armory bonus?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

dreffen posted:

You were the one who brought up the armory buff you idiot.

Yeah, to explain why I remembered the % per level a FATE gave being higher when I was leveling other classes. Why are you so upset? Did you design the FATES for Western Coerthas?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

orange juche posted:

Isn't your posting here impeding your maximum XP/hour right now? Shouldn't you be grinding your rear end off instead of posting?

Gotta do something between running from quest hub to quest hub.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Dusk Vigil has Phendrana Drifts music and the last boss is neat. It also gave about 250000xp with rested bonus, not including the quest turn in.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

SwissArmyDruid posted:

In addition to crit, or instead of?

Not sure. The buff for defiance says that Wrath gives crit, but the tooltip for the Wrath buff itself says it only gives parry.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Fell Cleave is sick. I'm still bummed that two of the new Warrior spells got wasted on slightly different versions of Inner Beast and Steel Cyclone, but 3k crits are doing a lot to help me get over it.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Moogle land is such a goddamn pain to move around in without a flying mount.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Where the gently caress are the Mog Squad recruits aaaah I hate three dimensional scavenger hunts.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Boten Anna posted:

If I'm thinking of the right thing, to get to the area southeast of the Moghome aetheryte you need to go down into the area where the moogleking or whatever is then across from where you enter that area there's a ramp going up. There's several quest destinations there.

Nah, it's around the rookery.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

fadam posted:

Where the gently caress are the Mog Squad recruits aaaah I hate three dimensional scavenger hunts.

I just found them. They're underneath the bridge things that lead onto the center platform.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The Vault might just be my favorite dungeon in any MMO I've ever played. Cool music, awesome atmosphere, and the bosses are fun. They really knocked it out of the park with this Xpack.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Malloreon posted:

I just did all of 2.1-2.55 on PLD, beginning with the first post-2.0 quest when the servers came back up yesterday.

I stopped paying attention to the story around level 20, but read a summary to catch all the way back up.

HOLY poo poo.

Does anyone know off hand what page in the last thread did the the 2.55 ending discussion start? now that I've seen it I want to read what you all wrote.

Yo, can you hit me up with the summary? After I got flamed for not watching cutscenes I started watching them just before doing The Aery and I'm kind of getting invested.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Thanks bud.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The last boss fight owned, the post credits cutscene owned, Fel Cleave owns, this game owns.

Question about the end of the credits did the Warrior of Darkness wear AF gear that matched your class too? Or is he in Warrior gear for everyone?

Chyea posted:

Game hasn't launched and gearing for Alexander is complete. Now I can focus on what really matters. Fishing.

Dungeon spam still the fastest way to farm up?

fadam fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jun 23, 2015

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

I did the fight as MNK and he was still in WAR garb, I think he's supposed to mimic the generic Hyur you see in all of the CG cutscenes?

Ah that's too bad.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What level are the EX Primal weapons?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Someone effort posted a big list of levels to do leveling from 30-50, does anyone remember what they were?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Gishin posted:

Costa del sol til 35
Coerthas Central til 40
North Thanalan til 50

Sorry, not FATEs, Leves. Apparently they get the rested bonus without actually consuming it.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Do DKs have assy threat generation or something? I've seen two different DK MTs have the boss ripped off of them during burn phases by the OT and a BLM.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Did anyone get their RAF feathers yet?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Did anyone ever figure out if Delirium reduces blunt resist yet?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

1. New account, recuited.
2. cd key from amazon
3. time card from amazon.
4. mmominion
5. create a new character, set it to questing 1-15
6. unlock airship rides
7. run the worldexplorer in the bot
8. get a gathering class and set it to gather.
9. go to sleep

Is there any actual money to be made from AFK gathering? I thought all the valuable poo poo required actual effort to get.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Riftling posted:

Or I didn't know Geirskogul was off-GCD? :v: Worth it, then. Also, if your war is beating DPS classes in DPS 51-60, you have some pretty bad DPS.

Yeah they'd have to be almost as braindead as someone who thought the last two Dragoon abilities were worthless.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Rafzakael posted:

woo i'm done leveling combat classes for a while

How'd you level your second class? Just dungeon grind?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What's the best low effort level 50 weapon?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

If you're a fresh 50 on your first class, just keep doing the MSQ. It'll reward you with gear as you go along.

I already have a class at 60, I'm leveling a scholar from 0 but I have zero gear for it and idk how to gear him to start doing HW stuff now that I'm out of side quests.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I wish they would change the level 50 dungeons to give good XP. Fate grinding N.Than to get from 50-51 is a bummer.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

So how hard is Alex?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Cainer posted:

Was doing the vault yesterday and the tank told me "I'm gonna go without tanking stance to make this go faster" That was a hell of a chore to heal through, barely even got to throw out my own SCH dps with all the damage he was taking.

I wonder what ends up being a higher average DPS for the party, Tank staying in stance with healer DPSing, or Tank in DPS stance with healer only really healing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I literally never commend because I always forget.

• Locked thread