Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ridinspinnaz
Jan 29, 2009

I am ready 2 party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ridinspinnaz
Jan 29, 2009
I managed to get five of my friends to start playing for heavensward, but unfortunately none of them were able to get on Excalibur last night. The one that started a couple days earlier did manage to get on after the 11-3am maintenance, so I'm guessing next week after maintenance or Sunday / Monday at 3-5am is their best bet >_>

Ridinspinnaz
Jan 29, 2009

Iron Tusk posted:

I wish there were more dialog options. After Thordan dumpsters Lahabrea and gives his little speech I wanted there to be an option for your PC to be able to give him a thumbs up. "Ya whatever man, your plan sounds good"
I like that they've taken the time by and large to make understandable villains.

I want the option for my trash can wearing potato paladin to non-committally grunt at more important dialogue choices.

Ridinspinnaz
Jan 29, 2009

Evil Canadian posted:

Got the game, stayed up most of the night last night and Excalibur never opened up which is partly due to the expansion I am sure. The op mentions you can transfer over for about 20 bones, but can you only transfer over while servers are allowing for creation?

Basically I just wanna try this dumb game out :smith:

My friend just xferred from gilgamesh to excalibur during primetime when there was a 40+ person login queue so it should work. Only thing is your char has to be 3 days old, so you gotta make it then wait, and there's a realistic chance 3am on Sunday night or after maintenance would let you make a new char.

Ridinspinnaz
Jan 29, 2009
square enix keeps messing up my gender pronouns and now my lalafel is lying on the floor of the guild house crying

Ridinspinnaz
Jan 29, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

You can only transfer at times when the server is open to new characters being created.

Nah, you can transfer at any time even when new character creation is restricted. My pal xferred from gilg to excalibur at 2pm on a Saturday when there was a 50 person queue just to log on, and the char creation was most definitely locked.

edit - just make sure your character is 3 days old and you're golden

Ridinspinnaz
Jan 29, 2009

every time I go to the official forums a tiny part of my dies but I can't stop myself

Ridinspinnaz
Jan 29, 2009

Zereth posted:

Every time I try to follow a link to a specific post it doesn't work. :shrug:

your computer is trying to protect you because it loves you doesn't want to see you suffer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ridinspinnaz
Jan 29, 2009

Ineptitude posted:

Any real advantage in buying this game on Steam?

I love having singleplayer games on steam as it means they get auto updated and it reduce the amount of shortcuts on my desktop, but for MMOs they will update every time you start them regardless.
The game is slightly cheaper is buying the base game + expansion together, which is only available on the Square Enix home page, which is why i am asking.

I like having steam functionality, which I guess you can have if you just run the game with an overlay but honestly I care less about the $15 potential dollars I might save on the GMG presale of the next expansion compared to the ease of having it alongside the billion other idiot games I've bought and never played.

• Locked thread