Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoB
May 1, 2009
I am ready for video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

Minrad posted:

Tried to login but can't, anything happening today? Kind of troubling, that there'd be downtime this close to Heavensward launch...

Scheduled maintenance.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Vahalla posted:

Don't be dumb. Those of us at work must live vicariously through the awful shitposts here!

Same

Got to Ishagard, became an Emo Knight, had to go to work :negative:

KoB
May 1, 2009

ghostinmyshell posted:

Is it too late to get early access?

And did they make leveling a second job easier? I already did the main storyline on my main but 30-45 was so boring on additional jobs :smith:

Armory bonus xp is now 100% for jobs under 50, 50% from 50-60.

e: It used to just be 50%. Leveling will be drat fast if youve got some rested xp.

KoB fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jun 19, 2015

KoB
May 1, 2009

Bertram Weatherby posted:

If this question has been answered already, I apologise.

I have a friend who has a copy of 2.0 bought via Steam, and he just bought HW with Steam as well. However, neither of the two codes (pre-order and expansion registration) codes are doing anything on any of the sites, and he's tried the lot. Is there some arcane ritual needed to do this or is something wrong?

Thanks.

He put it into Mog Station?

KoB
May 1, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'm 70% of the way to 59 and I still have some to finish up in different zones. I've run the vault a handful of times though. And LLDR/Trial when able. You missed a bunch of quests somewhere if you ran out at 55 I think.

I ran out at 55 and 57, and now 58. 58 is the worst since im still at about 50% so Ive got a bunch of dungeons to run. 55/57 were at least at 80%ish.

I went to every area to check for quests each time.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Tsurupettan posted:

GMG just sent me my codes. Two codes in AAAA BBBB CCCC DDDD EEEE format. First one was my original EA key, second was Heavensward itself.

Same, worked fine. Do as above and hit the glaringly obvious ENTER EXPANSION CODE button.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Lastgirl posted:

installed but gently caress man..

its been a while so i forgot my password, and i removed security token app but its still in effect

so like, I cant recover my password because of security token, and i cant add in security token because i need my ID and password.

:shepface: catch-22'd

Support should be able to help you

KoB
May 1, 2009

Moldy Taxes posted:

and I'd be more disappointed if the Gubal Library gear wasn't so snazzy looking.

Last night we had 4 minutes to beat the last boss before maintenance, PLD chest armor dropped for me but the 4th person in the group was sitting there watching the cutscene instead of rolling and I really wanted credit to proceed with the MSQ so I left :negative:

KoB
May 1, 2009

Riftling posted:

Didn't think it was that far back... it was 22 pages ago :v:

I thought they neutered the xp on mobs in DD.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Hit 60 last night on my very last sidequest, got my first Law. Ready to play the real game now :getin:

KoB
May 1, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

You can start collecting them as soon as you're level 60 I believe. Though there's only like two MSQs left by that point.

Yeah. I just hit 60 last night and havent finished the MSQ, got 100 Law.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I just bought this after messing around with the free trial for a few days and at the suggestion of since friends who play. I'm currently level 11 outside of... Lomin-something, the place on the shore where Marauders start. Should I just continue following the breadcrumbs of quests to level myself? What about jobs and changing class, should I wait till It hit 50 before switching around? And what the hell do I do with all these crafting items in my bags? I've played WoW off and on for ten years so I'm not completely clueless at least..

Follow the Main Story Quest and do side quests as you want. You unlock a lot of stuff through following the story, this includes the ability to sell stuff on the market boards.

You can access Jobs at 30, with your secondary class (Marauder's is Gladiator) at level 15. You can play other classes whenever you want.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Admiral Joeslop posted:

:saddowns: I was going to pick Gladiator because sword and board is cool but I didn't want to be a tank in my first few days. Now it turns out the class with big axes is ALSO a tank. Does it really matter as far as damage output while leveling?

Well, yes, but its not really a problem at all. Every class can complete the Story and everything.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Jia posted:

The Hildibrand quest chain is nowhere near as good as goons make it out to be.

Regardless of your bad taste, you get the best pose and dance out of it.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Also

quote:

We are hoping the #ffxiv client for DX11 and new hunts will be 100% in by the weekend. Maybe earlier if we are lucky.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Hit 49 last night, roulettes will probably carry me almost to 50 today, then I guess the next 100 missions between 2.1-2.55 don't give like, any exp? Didn't they adjust that? Or am I just gonna get hosed until I reach 3.0 content?

They now give XP and gear.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Annath posted:

I resubbed after being informed that despite being free, Rift is now steaming garbage.

My highest level character is level 22, on Excalibur. I was planning on going for Dragoon, but if thats actually lame/not fun I guess I can switch it up.

Tell me who to talk to/what to do/what things are cool and new and awesome since like patch 2.3 or something (the last time I played).

Also, what things to do get from patch 3.0 just for owning the game, and what requires Heavensward to get?

The 3.0 changes to the base game are very minimal.

You can teleport while on your Chocobo and the XP bonus for leveling more than 1 class has increased, I guess. Skills may have changed slightly.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Guild info is in the OP.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Boogaleeboo posted:

Once you get *all* of them to max you get to do a super quest where they all team up. Which is great, and I think about 9 people in the planet have seen because you have to level all the tribes and I'm never going to loving do that.

But you get one of the top 5 titles ~The Negotiator~ (only reason I do them occasionally)

KoB
May 1, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

What are the other 4 titles?

The Professional
Gentle(wo)man
Z
The Post(wo)man

KoB
May 1, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

If you don't have Of Dragon's Deep you're a casual.

Not everything can be in the top 5.

Im also partial to The Godsbow for some reason.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

The 24 man raid is almost guaranteed to be FF6 related. The Goddess Statues are sitting right on top of the entrance to ARF as well[ and the tower they're surrounding looks like it's actually a containment structure, complete with Definitely Not Kefka's wings sticking out in one spot.

More importantly, a FF6 raid dungeon means we might get FF6 character outfits as class gear from one of the dungeons. :dance:

As long as we get Guile hair and a tank top for the monk.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Waiting on Alchemist class that uses potions to buff/poison and throw explosive flasks n poo poo.

e: please, ` is for mashing to confirm through doors.

KoB
May 1, 2009

pksage posted:

If Red Mage happens in the current paradigm of tank/healer/pure DPS/support DPS, it will be a support DPS, and it will feel like Red Mage in name only. They'll get Cure and a lovely MND stat (like Paladin), their gimmick will be en-spell stances, they'll get a bunch of DoTs (Dia) and some enfeeblements to the tune of BRD/MCN, and Refresh will operate exactly like Goad for MP. Anything else would require them to overhaul how the game works.

Personally, I'd rather see them do a 180 on the class/job thing and embrace it again, giving us Fencer -> RDM and BLU as branching SMN/SCH jobs. Start Fencer at 30 with a basic suite of skills, it learns no new skills naturally, BLU and RDM job stones change some of the Fencer skills in the style of Summon 1/2/3, BLU and RDM gain their own skills from 30-60 like 2.0 jobs did from 30-50, and then they join everyone else at 61-70. But we know they don't like the branching jobs thing, so I'm not optimistic.

Why even have Fencer? This is why the job system is dumb. Its loving pointless.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Moo Moo Canoe posted:

While the implementation is cludgy I find evolving classes a p compelling carrot on a stick, and great for story.

Oh sure, Im not saying its not neat or that it couldnt be good, but as it is its pointless and makes switching from SCH to SMN slightly more difficult than it should be since you should switch stats as well.

KoB
May 1, 2009
The only problem with the current weapon system is that I cant glamour empty hands on my monk.

KoB
May 1, 2009

SwissArmyDruid posted:

In b4 Nier items.

edit: No points for me, I forgot they announced a new Nier game at E3, there's probably going to be a crossover event.

More importantly, Deus Ex crossover please.

Like shades that retract with /visor
Robot arm gloves

KoB
May 1, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

What the hell is a Nier, I'm at work and can't google very well but apparently not knowing what that is means I've lived under a rock or something???

Nah, nobody really played it but it gathered a small cult following for doing some weird/interesting stuff.

KoB
May 1, 2009

X Factor posted:

Thanks to peer pressure, I'm looking into playing this now. What I'm mainly interested in is the story, not necessarily endgame raids (or whatever the true endgame is in FFXIV). I guess it might be better to just put this in list format:

- How hard is it to get groups together for older content? (I want to give everything a shot without having to pull teeth in order to get people together for it. Is that going to be an uphill battle?)

- I previously played WoW up through the first patch of WotLK and more recently, Guild Wars 2. How big of a culture shock is FFXIV going to be? (Is it going to be hard to adjust to the different gameplay?)

- With that note about playing Guild Wars 2, what kind of character customization can I look forward to?

- What kind of playerbase will I be delving into? (Goons aside, am I dealing with League of Legends-grade assholes, or is it more of a mixed bag?)

-As with any working person, I have limited time. Is there plenty of gameplay that I can sit down and enjoy for a few hours at a time, or is it going to be a game I play only on my days off?

-Exactly how awesome is Godbert? Because I've heard he's pretty great.

The game has built in intensives for people to run old content. Theres never a shortage of people running even the earliest of dungeons.

FF14 community is surprisingly cool. Assholes are the minority and most people will be cool and helpful if you dont know what youre doing.

Most dungeons arent more than an hour and you can bang through them pretty fast if you know what youre doing.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Etrips posted:

Also holy poo poo what race do I play? :supaburn:

It doesnt matter, so pick whatever you want.

Real answer, catgirl obviously. Gonna play pretty pretty dress up with the prettiest anime catgirl

KoB
May 1, 2009
Why do people want 14 to be more like 11? That game still exists for them.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

Aaaarrrrrgh it's Enochian not Enochain :tizzy:

poo poo is off the enochain

KoB
May 1, 2009
Is anyone here playing on Windows 10? Does it work ok?

KoB
May 1, 2009

Eimi posted:

About how long does it take for them to post the live letter info, as I missed the broadcast?

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/3cswmu/formatted_live_letter_q_a/

KoB
May 1, 2009

Givin posted:

Are people really grinding 50+ in North Thanalan? Why? I thought I saw it mentioned pages ago and just got in that level range to grind out FATEs and there are tons of motherfuckers out here 50+. They don't stay up long enough to get contribution credit almost.

Its still efficient. The new fates dont give a proportional amount of Exp compared to how difficult they are.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Lalas are bad and dumb but occasionally you see a pair in matching outfits and its just adorable.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Vermain posted:

My A1 run this morning had a tank who wouldn't drag Oppressor over to the lasers, leading to two wipes, and when I suggested that he do so he said that he "shouldn't have to" because "this fight is easy." Unsurprisingly, we one-shot it after he left. v:shobon:v

See I solve this problem by always assuming I dont know what Im doing, so if people tell me to do something different I will.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Vil posted:

Free company rooms are basically mog houses, with the exception that they don't let you grow plants in them the way mog houses do. A single room, reasonable but not massive space, that you can decorate with indoor furnishings as you see fit.

Better hope that your FC is big enough to afford one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

I googled around before I posted and every other site I've seen except that one says it's the healer's HP. That's also how it reads to me. But then again being wrong is kindof my thing, so who the gently caress knows.

That's a specific feature of WM and it relates to weaponskills and not abilities. Spells typically are the only things cast.

Everything has a cast time, weaponskills just have a cast time of zero seconds.

• Locked thread