Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

more like dICK posted:

Bismarck is a bad fight because Bismarck is barely involved.

Be glad that bismarck's too dumb to just destroy Cid's airship.

The fight on Extreme really isn't that bad. Unless your DPS are terrible in which case you're pretty hosed.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I think Bismark EX is decently enjoyable, too bad it's extremely easy and there's no real reason to run it more than once.

Don't worry, it's going to show up in the relic chain soon enough when 3.1 hits.

KaneTW posted:

I'm just really frustrated when you do Sohm Al and do half the party's DPS as a Warrior.

Having Deliverance tends to make you poo poo out damage :iia:

When I had it for a LLDR the other day the NIN was doing pretty good damage and the BRD was probably doing good DPS for a lvl 53 BRD? He was doing way less than the NIN but I wouldn't expect BRDs to be on par with NINs.

psymonkey posted:

I started using ACT two nights ago to try and improve my own play since I really want to try and keep up with content now that I've caught up to the gear curve and I've never played an MMO seriously before this, and DPS checks seem to be A Thing.

But yeah I was in a Bismark EX group that kept failing the water/wind dps check by like 1-5% last night and one of the dps consistently had less damage than me (tank), while the other 3 had ~twice as much. And I was just like, man I don't wanna put this guy on blast, but also drat we just wasted like an hour and a half failing on the same part. Weird situation. I just didn't say anything.

Were you failing even when using LB? In the PF groups where this happened having a melee LB1 asap helped sometimes. Though you're still probably kinda hosed in the last phase if the DPS is too slow and you can't kill the adds before they start breaking poo poo.

Malloreon posted:

Is there a better general overview for leveling from 55-60?

I just finished the Aery for the first time last night, and I'm about 400K into 55. I have one more story quest I can do before needing to be 56 to continue.

I've tried so far to leave sidequests for alt jobs, but I've done 5-6 of them anyway. bad idea?

- duty roulettes each day (+ challenge log completions)
- sidequests?
- running the highest level dungeon over and over (currently Aery)?
- ??

Kill your rank 1-3 hunt targets every day because it's 1-3 mobs for 23-30k XP per target and it's very nice. Having all 3 daily lists is more XP per day for my WAR than LLDR+bonus in some cases and far more laid back. When I was getting MNK to 60 in early access they were still one of the first things I'd do each day because few things gave more XP faster.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

It could also be that your dps are too dumb to know that standing in glowing squares and literal landmines is a bad thing and your healer just can't bear to see someone kill themselves on that fight.

Or they do know it's a bad idea and so one of them triggers a nearby landmine so it'll throw you in to the middle of a bunch of glowing squares and kill you. :v:

bonewitch posted:

I did it on like Day 4 of EA when almost nobody had done it before. Fights easy as hell.

{Same}

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Rei_ posted:

Bismarck Extreme is when you start taking long hard looks at your friends who are still wearing Dreadwyrm gear

Also you know what? Kind of a bad fight. If they wanna gate poo poo behind a DPS wall great but I swear to god several of the AOEs in that fight hover slightly off the ground making it hard to judge if you've dodged from certain camera angles

Markers for baleen bomb aren't 2D generic circles so they'll be up off the ground some but unless you play with your camera at about a 20 degree angle it shouldn't cause any problems.

Rei_ posted:

I'm still kind of disappointed that Hildebrand is not in Theatrhythm Curtain Call

Gonna be legit sad when FFRK's FF14 event hits and we get Y'shtola or some other loser instead of Godbert and Hildibrand. We already have Greg. :getin:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

Crit was buffed (the stat affects both crit chance and crit damage) and det was nerfed (it has a smaller effect on auto-attacks). SS was supposedly buffed by way of making it increase the damage of DOT ticks, but supposedly that change didn't get properly implemented?

If SS isn't affecting DoT damage when they fix it it'll either have a really small effect on DoT damage or SMN is going to be a complete monster.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Rei_ posted:

Real talk has anyone ever been asked to leave a dungeon? I've seen people get super salty over healers contributing to DPS but normally roulette is pretty chill

I've votekicked dead weight and/or rear end in a top hat players in dozens of dungeons and trials. It wasn't usually DPS related, just the player being an utter rear end in a top hat or doing things like being completely unable to dodge the most basic AOE and making us wipe for 30 minutes on the first boss in great library.

Only time I've been votekicked is tanking bone dragon in the center when I'd run CT solo. Usually people in the raid would intentionally wipe us too instead of doing the fight because there are lots of manbabies playing this game and people on our data center are utter insane about bone dragon being tanked to the north.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Dukka posted:

Not crappy version of the Alex preview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZBTVjhKr5E

That armor design. :swoon:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

holy gently caress those fists

That outfit looks so much better than our ugly-as-poo poo Law set.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Holy poo poo, and you think I'm the rear end in a top hat?

Also if you wiped for 30 minutes on the first boss in library the problem isn't one person. I've done it with 2 people, it's the least bossy boss fight ever.

When your healer never loving moves and dies maybe 30 seconds in to the fight, it gets annoying trying to clear the remaining 90% or so as just PLD/MNK/BRD and oh hey once we kicked them and got a new healer we didn't have any more issues for the rest of the run.

But yeah the probably definitely wasn't a WHM who barely moved and healed so little the tank nearly died multiple times to trash.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I hope the Hildibrand quests feature some character cameos. There's a nice FF6 vibe happening in the postgame and I'd love to see Terra or Sabin show up, especially the later, in the form of suplexing a train.

Terra not showing up when we already have Ultros would be a shame.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

pksage posted:

My only issue with FF6 cameos is that they'd look like the Amano art, rather than outfits inspired by the (vastly superior and canonically correct) sprite art.

also please don't remind me that I don't have Terra in FFRK, bonus quest plz DeNA

Terra's not really worth using in FFRK until we get her crystal since non-RM characters are going to be pretty badly gimped vs a devotion-equipped Vivi or Golbez (once we get him). :ssh:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Sendo posted:

Monk is pretty much the same as it was in 2.0 rotation wise the only real change is you can start fights with 1 stack of GL and your opener is a little different, other than that it plays exactly the same way (with an additional ogcd skill).

Greased Lightning also refreshes at the start of a skill now and not when it resolves, so no more demolish refreshing your stacks after the counter down hit zero because you were milking every possible second so you wouldn't lose GL to Earthshaker or some other mechanic.

e: goddamnit I wondered where my other post went.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jul 7, 2015

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

vOv posted:

But how many Greased Lightning stacks will the Dems have?

Not enough to make me realize I'm pasting something in a reply to a different thread, apparently. :saddowns:

e: vvvv It's just normal and hard Alexander. Normal is apparently "like Coil with echo but not the mechanic nerfs" while hard mode will be easier than savage but harder than normal coil was.

Normal mode Alexander will probably still be harder than EX primals and Crystal Tower by a fair bit.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jul 7, 2015

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

our dps's don't understand the concept of "adds." help. i guess i just live in alexander 1 now

the group we just ran 1-2 with ended up with dps grabbing the adds and moving them accordingly, then we went and 1-shot A2. This stuff might be tougher than coil but it seems less like "coil with echo" and more like "coil with echo and a bunch of mechanic nerfs."
I have no idea what the hell you have to hit with Recharge to actually recover EP though, so I just jumped out of my Tachikoma and punched poo poo because you only need 1 for bomb dragging.

The token system is kinda awful too so hopefully it gets some tweaks.

Ouhei posted:

So what's everyone guess for the ilvl on Esoterics (AF2) gear? with Alex normal at i190 I would guess at least matching that. I'm hoping they're going to follow the upgrade path as well and be upgradeable to i200 and be dyeable without the insane method for getting dyeable AF1/

190 and upgrade to 200, with Alex HM giving i200 gear would make sense.

Not sure what FF6 Raid 1.0 will give though. Maybe i190 since it'd be better than the lesser tomestone stuff and ultimately worse than esoterics and alex gear due to a lack of an i200 upgrade.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

ilifinicus posted:

:stare:

We almost beat it after only a single cycle last night, how do you even go to four?

I've been in PF Bismarck EX groups that could only take the Carapace to about 20-25% in the first round despite everyone being i170 or higher.

Ravex PF groups are awful and some can't even meet the DPS check for Warlord's Shell. :negative:

Periodiko posted:

None of those seem like unreasonable criticisms. I'm really surprised by how sparse the endgame for heavensward is, especially given how skeletal the 50-60 experience is. The new zones mostly suck compared to the old ones. The only unambiguously better thing is the main story, and the system changes they inherited from 2.0's patch development.

Azys Lla alone is hands down better than any 2.0 zone by a goddamn mile and this is not up for debate.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

nuru posted:

The purists will look at what FF11 is right now and weep. They made it accessible

Most of those people wouldn't survive in (pre-Tam) UO, and even EVE Online has made attempts at eroding away its learning wall, yet they long for the good old days of MMOs circa 2005 due to nothing more than rose-tinted glasses and stockholm syndrome.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i'd comment on how i'd have tens of thousands more gil if i was willing to constantly have 90 items sitting on the marketboard but a stranger might think that's a lot.

Since I started working the market in HW the lowest amount I've made in a single day was a bit over 500k and the most was just under 2 million. The days where I make less is because of the idiots who think "Item X is listed for 7k each and Item Y is listed for 10k so if I list them for 3k each I'll sell faster" and you end up with other economically inept people following suit.

Then thankfully someone buys out all the insanely underpriced poo poo and I can go back to selling at an actual profit.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

that's dumb and not true. there's not a use for gil in this game if you're an omnicrafter, who are coincidentally the people who make all the gil.

I am not an Omnicrafter and only have LTW to 50. I'm currently sitting on a bit over 13 million Gil and came in to the expansion with about 6mil. I have only started playing on the market in the last week or so and a lot of the 6mil I have is from Ixali dailies and selling sealants to crafters.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

As weird as the token system is for Alexander I have to say it's still going to make gearing up go by much quicker than the regular random drop system. Anyone who had a full set of gear from coil in the first 5 weeks would have had the most stupidly good luck imaginable.

abraham linksys posted:

I'd like to remind folks that registering for an off-site forum to read spoilers is way more effort than clicking on black bars

If you're playing on Excalibur you should already be registered there and if you aren't then nobody cares about you.

Pomp posted:

holy poo poo, they finally released the android port.

The IOS version was good. More or less a straight port of the PSP version, not a butchered hackjob like all the other mobile FF ports.

The online/multiplayer stuff from the PSP version simply doesn't exist in the iOS version as far as I can tell. Though when you beat the game it simply lets you buy all the super powerful bonus gear from the poach shop, and this unlocks on all your save games.

Zeratanis posted:

Dumb Theory #410: Watch the The Warring Triad end up being The Magus Sisters. :v:

That'd be a pretty dumb switch considering they're in game already and you can see them and what looks to be a structure containing Kefka right outside ARF and there's no question about what they look like.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

^^^^ Fell Cleave is pretty overkill. Getting Deliverance made leveling go faster than MNK and getting Fell Cleave meant I could occasionally just pop CDs and explode a mob because a level 54 person can crit for upwards of 3.5k damage, twice, in a couple seconds with it.

Vahalla posted:

#1: Other classes get strong utility as well.

-Monk gets enhanced mantra, removes buffs from enemies and reduces their intelligence and resistance by 10%

Please tell us about the wonders of One-Ilm Punch (outside of PVP). :allears:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

e: wrong button

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

ilifinicus posted:

pray return motherfucker

Am I the only person who didn't have any issue finding those Moogles or what?

Not that Mogleo wasn't an insufferable poo poo unlike the little dragon buddy you help in the Forelands.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Eej posted:

I don't drag it around the room. If a laser is next to me I grab an add and kill it on top of it. If it's really far away from me I leave it for DPS.

If it's next to the boss just let a melee DPS grab it and murder it for you. It's what I do on MNK in goon groups since it's not like our DPS is lacking.

Rei_ posted:

They talked about Alex Normal at one point being 'ex primal difficulty' and I'm almost positive that was their plan until they released Dragons Neck, Chrysalis and Steps of Faith in a row and the games community proceeded to fall over screaming and crying about how they couldn't do it/didn't want to do it with people who couldn't do it

I'm still sad we never got an OdinEX since it would've been the most absurd "gently caress you and your healers" fight, though they probably figured (rightly) that not a lot of people would be able to clear it.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Etrips posted:

Also how do I AoE properly?

You level BLM instead of MNK. :science:

bonewitch posted:

You want to replace one of those Snap Punches with a Demolish and re-up it when its at less than 5 seconds or so. Do the same with Touch of Death. At 50 you get Dragon Kick which replaces one of your Bootshines, and your full rotation becomes essentially DK->TS->Demo->BS->TS->SP (you'll need to change up the timing of demo as the fight progresses or else you'll end up clipping it too much)

To clarify, in that rotation the first TS is Twin Snakes and the other is True Strike.

You're going to alternate twin snakes and true strike like you do dragon kick and bootshine, assuming you don't have to miss GCDs due to mechanics.

Still messing around with openers, but being able to form shift so that you can get in a free demolish (and dragon kick) before you pop perfect balance is handy if your connection likes to act spotty.

bonewitch posted:

Assuming you have enough TP, Fracture is a dps increase on MNK

With the amount of skill speed we're getting, keeping Fracture up more often without having DK/TS/Demo/ToD fall off is getting better. Using Fracture more will burn our TP faster but DRG still burns out faster than MNK does and if you have a NIN in the party a little Goad goes a long way. Burning through A1 I start getting low on TP (with Invigorate on CD) right around when the Oppressor launches in to the air and at that point you're not going to be running out of TP because of those breaks in the action.

Rei_ posted:

Apparently people were getting sub-2m kills on Manipulator by being able to target the body from the jump without touching the legs, which I'm assuming was the exploit in question

Emergency downtimes are for things like "we just found X issue (and players might know about it) and doing X lets you dupe items/rob other players/enable open world pvp/etc."

Taking down the server for "this dumb faceroll fight can be done faster via a bug" is a big issue but not emergency shutdown big. Those tend to be for game-critical issues like duping.

vOv posted:

Ahaha, I didn't notice the limit break sound at 1:00. I love this cutscene so much.

Godbert' has by far the best limit break in FF14: (contains a character cameo spoiler I guess, though you'll hear them discussed in FC chat regardless)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgCSjoM7b0M

:allears:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Klades posted:

It's probably "part of the standard" but it isn't actually normal to find a keyboard with those keys and a lot of software doesn't bother supporting them. Which is a shame because I'd love to bind extraneous mouse buttons to some of them to get around lack of support for 6+ mice buttons in stuff without using a key that's actually on my keyboard.

Make your mouse buttons use keybinds like Alt+Ctrl+Shift 1-9 or other combinations you aren't normally going to press with your hand(s).

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

SirPhoebos posted:

So what's up with giving PLD a healing spell? In case someone really wanted to pretend they were playing WoW?

Final Fantasy (and WoW) sticks to its D&D roots of having Paladins be fighters with some cleric abilities/healing thrown in. They seem similar because they're both pulling from the same source material (like how most people who base elves on Tolkien's version include things like them being kinda racist despite being a long lived and enlightened species).

Captain Oblivious posted:

Final Fantasy was pretty inconsequential as a series sales wise before 4. 1-3 are fairly irrelevant in the overall gamer consciousness.

Final Fantasy was literally the gateway drug of video game (console) RPGs for a lot of people in the 80s outside of Japan. That it was basically a D&D game with a different skin didn't hurt.

Final Fantasy 2, for all its buggy weirdness, is the origin of a lot the SaGa series' mechanics and introduced Chocobos.

Final Fantasy 3 was imbalanced as poo poo but it also introduced a job system that was refined pretty well in FF5.

We only got FF1 and then jumped to FF4 but the series was still a pretty big deal even if it doesn't have the religious following Dragon Quest built in Japan. Dragon Quest 3 is significantly better than any of the NES Final Fantasy games though, even though Fighter didn't really have the offense it was supposed to have until the remakes came along.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

You gotta step it up. If you do it right you go straight from the second hand phase right to the last phase and skip the second set of adds altogether.

I thought it just went from body to hand and back to body (I've never run A3 with non-(competent)goon groups). If you push hard enough to get it under 35% it doesn't even go to the hand form again. You just get to keep burning the hell out of it without any pause in the action. I can't imagine going slow enough that you have a 2nd tornado phase unless a DPS is dead for awhile.

Stormgale posted:

Because you were all looking for a specific token that didn't drop?

All but 1 run was bolts+pedal. The 1 run that was different was 2 bolts.

Yes, the drop most people wanted was the Lens. I said gently caress it and grabbed a bolt because I'll just get Lens #2 next week instead and the slaying necklace is nice but it drops me under 540 acc which is probably under cap (though I haven't noticed a miss yet :shrug:).

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Man, ACT is depressing as poo poo. I installed it a few days ago and just did almost triple the damage output as a mediocre BRD than the NIN in HLDR :smith:

Kinda get what you jerks are talking about re: poo poo dps players.

With HLDR keep in mind you can easily get a fresh(ish) 50 player and if you're being synced down to i110 and they're in the i70-80 range you're going to blow them away even if they're playing the class properly.

It's painful when you go in to a HLDR as a DPS and see that you have more HP than the WAR when he's in defiance and you risk ripping aggro because even an aggro combo only does so much against someone with50% more ilevels than you. It's like going back and helping a level 59 tank in Library. Their 145ish weapon and armor is fine for the dungeon but an i180+ DPS is generating a hell of a lot more aggro than a fellow lvl 59 could.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Have the stated the source of esoterics yet besides pvp? I'd assume savage alex but I'm also hoping Ravana drops them

Expert dungeons and roulette, same as it's always been.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Niton posted:

Still fantastic, even by all-time metrics including them?

Don't forget that Ruth also (probably) didn't take a bunch of definitely-not-steroids performance enhancers like Bonds and co do.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

That's the way I feel with a lot of music in this game. Soken has done a fantastic job.

A4's music is pretty much a Powerman 5000 track.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

bonewitch posted:

Single target with no mechanics/boss jumps, etc: DRG > MNK > NIN > BLM > SMN > MCH/BRD
Single target with boss jumps, movement, etc: MNK > NIN > DRG for melee and SMN > MCH/BRD > BLM (of course, depending on the amount of movement)

The reasoning behind this is that monk can blow their GL3 on tornado kick whenever the boss jumps so they're not as heavily affected

While getting Tornado Kick to actually land every time right before the transitions where GL will definitely be lost and prepping another Burning Finger Forbidden Chakra for when you are back up to GL3 is nice, a DRG can still potentially out DPS a MNK even when both are playing well because DRG damage potential is pretty extreme. Meanwhile MNK is a diesel engine DPS class. Those interruptions that shut us down cold are a bigger annoyance than what DRG or NIN have to deal with and they sure as hell don't help us out DPS anyone else more easily than being able to go full speed with 100% uptime like in T8 or the final phase of A4. When you're up and running then things go smoothly and you can pump out some nice damage. Until that point you're just being left behind by the other non-BRD/MCH DPS classes.

Obligatum VII posted:

I think this is just a baseless rumor, but I heard something about SE possibly taking some sort of hardline stance against proxies going forward? Since I kind of need WTFast (or a similar service) to be functional after 8 PM, that would be truly terribly news for me.

SE isn't going to waste developer time and resources going after something useful and harmless like proxies that're used to deal with lag that they have no control over.

They don't even go after Guildworks. They aren't going to try to block proxy use

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Pierson posted:

Now you just need to be good enough to 4-man Savage Alex and you can sell infinite Alex tokens!

Tokens still drop for the 1 newbie if the other 7 have cleared that fight for the week already.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Niton posted:

Also I don't really agree with Willias but an amusing anecdote:

Bahamut killed our tank before the first Megaflare exactly once - he was running STR accessories, but had a pre-Stoneskin, a pre-Adlo and Shield Oath. He never came within 2,000 HP of that happening again, and we still have no idea why.

Someone who was targeted for the damage split might've clipped him unless you guys grouped up far from bahamut? :shrug:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Niton posted:

It's actually worse than that - Weapon + anything else actually takes four weeks, since the lowest combined total is 1365 tomes. I think i'm going to be going Chest -> Accessory -> Weapon, which you finish up in 5 weeks.

A weapon's going to be a bigger upgrade than a chest and accessory in almost every situation though.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Thundarr posted:

Generally you don't want to zone in / revive in a spot where a superFATE appears and there are always aggressive enemies.

This sounds pretty hilarious, actually.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Thundarr posted:

My static managed to kill Faust :toot:

Not so much Oppressor though.

Oppressor's mechanics don't seem too bad but holy hell there's a lot of damage going on at all times.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

LegionAreI posted:

Leveling roulette fun times:

Zone into a Tam-Tara normal as SCH, with a BLM, PLD, and newbie PUG with the icon over his head. Great, time to let Selene do my job and dps the whole time!

First inkling of impending annoyance was that the PLD seemed to be a bit taken aback that I didn't have Protect in my first cross-class slot (I had Cleric's) and was a bit hesitant to go ahead without it. Now this guy is synced from 60 so - whatever. I tell him I can handle it, we get going. He's pulling really small, so the BLM starts being a little cheeky and pulling ahead. I realize that can be annoying for tanks, but he picked them up no problem and didn't say anything, ask the BLM to stop, etc.

We get to the pull before the barrier to the boss, he attempts to vote kick the BLM for being AFK. Well he's obviously not AFK so I click no. PLD sits down and says "it's the BLM or you wait for an in-progress tank." Okay ... I tell him we're almost done, he sticks with it, I tell him "gently caress you." Now I probably shouldn't have done that but this touches off the whole thing. He called me a cuntbag, I said "Okay whatever, we don't need you, lets finish up" and we keep going. He realizes his primadonna act isn't going to work when the BLM and I can just tank it ourselves, so he comes back, starts tanking, we get to the boss.

He proceeds to not do anything and I tank the boss while he goes off on the most pathetic rant ever.

So being the scrubbiest scrublord that ever did scrub in America, I tanked the boss, got the clear for the newbie, and got my amusement all at the same time. I don't get what these people get out of going off like that, but whatever floats your boat I guess?

Can't PLD crossclass protect? You could've told him to do so if he wants it that badly for a newbie dungeon.

Vil posted:

Make intermediate materials and sell them to other, richer crafters at a reasonable markup and in quantities that they'd actually want.

And watch as idiot pubbies undercut you by 70% because they're dumb as hell and likely operate on the "if I mine it it's free" concept when selling at a loss.

At least I made about 15m before markets started cratering.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

Actually fracture is still ok for monks if you have TP. Feel free to fracture.

And you will have TP to spend because oh hey giving monks Tornado Kick means we can have even more downtime in boss fights. :suicide:

Mr. Nice! posted:

220 potency is above pretty much all monk skills. If you can spare the TP its good damage.

Just make sure you aren't letting Dragon Kick and/or Twin Snakes fall off because losing those for a GCD makes the DPS gain of Fracture that much smaller.

Though if you have an AST and they put the Arrow buff on you go hog wild because your GCD with Arrow+GL3 is insane (as is the rate you burn TP).

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Chyea posted:

Just killed Alexander Savage 3.

World First. First pull of the raid.

loving. Incredible.

Just how absurd were the damage checks in A3, or was it a combination of other stuff?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

ilifinicus posted:

as someone who rides the gobwalker in Alexander 2 Savage let me tell you about tab targeting and the targeting bar not having enough entries to show the bomb at certain points

Thanks for confirming my need to make a bomb-specific targeting macro for A2S I guess. :psyduck:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

SpaceDrake posted:

Real answer: yes, for reasons they haven't quite explained yet, SE began transitioning to a London-based recording studio in 2.4 for the Ishgardian characters, and with Heavensward moved English voice production over there completely, with the attendant role changes for the non-Ishgardian cast. (The old voice recording had been done in Los Angeles.) As a result, there's actually a fair number of Xenoblade veterans among the cast now - Tataru is Fiora, which is basically the best thing, and Pipin, for all he doesn't get a ton of screentime this expansion so far, is Shulk. Sadly, no Jay Taylor (Reyn) or Rufus Jones (Dunban), though with Jones that's probably because he's busy as hell. We also got David Warner (Jon Irenicus, Chancellor Gorkon, et cetera) as Edmont, which just owns.

IIRC Alphinaud's also voiced by Shulk.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Also equipping the job stone is what tells the game you want to be a Bard instead of and Archer. Although I can't for the life of me think of a situation where you'd prefer to be your base class rather than your job post-30.

Old design that they haven't figured a good workaround for yet. They hate the class/job thing too because it just causes pointless database bloat but it's not something they can easily overhaul apparently.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Evader posted:

Well the quick thing would be, instead of just adding three new classes like they did, to add more job crystals that let various classes transition in different DPS/Heal/Tank jobs, somehow.

I am now imagining a Marauder->DPS job.

Less armor! BIGGER AXE!

You don't do 'quick' changes for major parts of a game where changes have countless, and far-reaching, side effects for both server and client.

They'll also never add another class-based job if for no other reason than it'd mean players could have said job at max level immediately unless they add a new base class which is the exact opposite of what YoshiP and co want. Also see: SCH and SMN balance issues others mentioned.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Boten Anna posted:

I'd be curious to know what exactly the class/job distinction is doing to the database that's causing so much extra data

A level 60 PLD/MNK/WAR still also has data for their level 60 GLD/PGL/MRD which is a lot of excess and 100% worthless bloat. Multiply that by a few million characters across servers (because insactive/banned account still take up space) and you get a shitload of excess garbage that your admins would love to be able to nuke (see: EVE Online's bookmark purges when Warp to Zero was added).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

vOv posted:

As far as I can tell nobody did, just people pointing out it makes literally zero sense in the plot (why would Midgardsormr work with a creation of the people that enslaved his entire species?)

There's also the fact that the Allagan exist in game and aren't anything like that guy's anime sexbot GitS android examples because the Allagan were just your standard fantasy trope advanced (human) civilization.

Freak Futanari posted:

If Minfilia becomes a Lalafell, that'd be pretty messed up.

Agreed. Nobody deserves that, not even Minfilia.

• Locked thread