Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Tarranon posted:

i'mr eady to game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Bismark EX was cool, shame there's no real reason to run it more than once except for glamours.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is square aware of the Living Dead bug because it's really loving annoying having the debuff not clear at full hp seemingly at random.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I love this weapon.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Nice that your sword has kickstands. :thumbsup:

It's the best part, really.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

So how legitimate is the advice to go straight STR for tanking atm?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I've tanked both with plenty of hp to spare as a DRK so I guess that makes sense, just wasn't sure if the hp buffer was more important in the long run or not.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

If you are seriously mad about what happens in Aery then you are dumb.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Are temple leves worth doing at 50-53? I don't know if I can handle n. than anymore

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I think Bismark EX is decently enjoyable, too bad it's extremely easy and there's no real reason to run it more than once.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

But if they add damage meters it might hurt that bard who's doing 160 dps at 60's feelings. And it's unfair to be judged for your personal performance in a cooperative videogame.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

ff14's general player culture tends to lean heavily towards "you don't pay my sub i can do whatever the gently caress i want" far more than other mmos. I had a ninja get pissy and drop group last night because I was apparently a "tryhard raider" because I (in a non rear end in a top hat way) reminded him to turn his poison on and keep huton up.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Truga posted:

Weren't dungeons/fates trash exp in 2.0 too and then got buffed later?

It was mostly dungeons, Fates were how everyone leveled for the most part.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

30-50 DRG was the same but. When I went to do 50-60 after beating the MSQ Alberic is mega relieved that I didn't befall the same fate as Estinien and still have control over my soul gem which is a nice touch I guess.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Tarranon posted:

you people constantly make fun of tanks not using flash and healers not in cleric stance, because that poo poo is evident. everyone sees it, everyone talks about it

you give dps one way to accurately measure their progression and you think the sky is gonna fall jfc dude

also lol at this picture you are painting of goons in purple tights dancing around a frightened DPS cowering in a corner, snapping their fingers in unison, 'hey what's your number, don't hide it from me, a dps figure is what we want to see'

No those things are ok because it doesn't hurt my feelings.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I have played WoW on and off since launch and I can probably count on my hands the number of times I've seen people be mega super elitist about DPS numbers in non serious progression content.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Like, if parsers ever become a built in thing or whatever, yeah people are going to make PF groups with redic dps requirements or whatever, but they already do this with requiring higher ilevels than needed so it basically changes nothing. And you wouldn't want to join those parties anyways.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Hugoon Chavez posted:

What do I lose if I buy the base game and not heavensward? I want to give this a try (and the trial for some reason refuses to work on my pc), and the base game is cheap enough to give it a spin before sinking in.

You won't be able to make an Au Ra for your character's race and that's about it. Everything else about Heavensward is only accessible after you hit level 50 and complete the entirety of the base game's story

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Looking forward to tuesday when this stupid "alex normal is alex story mode...same difficulty as CT" rumor can finally die.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Rei_ posted:

wasn't that confirmed, idk, i mostly hear poo poo second hand because there are so many different places news pops up

It's final coil with echo level, which still requires far more of a pulse than CT ever did.

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jul 6, 2015

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I hate getting neverreap because it requires your DPS to be at least somewhat competent compared to FC.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

bonewitch posted:

FC requires your healer to be competent.

Good thing I usually run EX as a SCH :smug:

I'm mad about the dark knight bugs because I used to be able to just abyssal drain myself to full when I pull entire rooms but now I have to take it a bit slower if I don't want to blow literally all my CDs per pack. :sigh:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

BERGfu posted:

anyone know what ilevel we're going to need for the next bump? Like am I okay at 160 or should I push it to the end?

Are you planning on doing Alex or not

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

BERGfu posted:

I'm planning on it but I was part of the pre expansion newbie rush so I am kind of limited on how I can get law tomes

You're going to probably want full 170 minimum for alex. I'm assuming anyways.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm happy that people who either don't have the time or don't want to put forth the effort into doing ~real raiding~ can now experience the story without being forced to youtube it but I wish they didn't stagger the savage release because 2 weeks of this stuff is going to be a snorefest.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

The only concern I have about Alex is how the savage loot system is going to work. If it's the same as what it is for normal mode, which is clearly geared towards individual casual players, then it will really suck for statics.

I'm betting it'll be drops.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Since Savage is the real "meat" of the raiding experience they're going to want people to be running it as much as possible so I have a hard time picturing them doing something that guarantees loot, regardless of how nice it'd be.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Really looking forward to savage alex now. Fights are all cool.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Vermain posted:

AT1 and AT3 are definitely my favorites, although AT1 is an admittedly dull fight for tanks, at least on Normal mode. While I appreciate the Quarantine thing on AT4 as a mechanic, it also feels like I'm not actually goddamn doing anything for 2/3rds of the fight as the OT.

MTing AT4 is really boring too because you also basically do nothing other than soaking orbs and taking lines.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

AT4 also blows for DRK in particular since you can't parry the boss itself only the dumb little adds so you lose out on reprisal almost entirely and don't get to kick people as often.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Eej posted:

On the other hand you can fly across the arena with Plunge and solo an add by yourself which looks super cool.

I always ended up just getting the add that spawns right near the second leg so it wasn't as entertaining.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

My group only ended up seeing the tank buster twice in our kills and I didn't bother CDing for the first and just popped shadow wall for the second. No need for swap really, unless you're also in the process of soaking orbs or something (which happened one kill)

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

If I farm the mats myself...anything I make is pure profit!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

I've got a DRK question too; when should I be using Abyssal Drain instead of unleash? I'm only level 47 so maybe this will make more sense when I actually unlock the skill a long time from now, but looking ahead, it looks like they do pretty much the same thing, except that Abyssal Drain does a little more potency (and presumably has a little more enmity) and you can cast it from range instead of in a circle around you.

My guess is that I want to use abyssal drain to pull a pack (instead of unmend), and then once I'm in melee range, switch to Unleash (which uses less MP but does perfectly fine enmity) unless for some reason I need to pull a group that's far away from me again? Or is that completely wrong?

And since I'm asking possibly dumb questions, here's another one; when I'm fighting trash packs, should I be using the power slash enmity combo at all, or does it make more sense to just use the souleater or delirium combo to keep my MP up and rely on unleash to keep my enmity up?

You should be Blood Pricing on packs to keep your MP up and just using unleash to keep hate.

And with Abyssal drain you want to use it during giant end game packs with dark arts because most healers are poo poo and it'll allow you to keep yourself up somewhat.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

AdorableStar posted:

But who reads the text in mmos?

:whitewater:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

They're not going to do anything

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't think AST and DRK are underpowered or whatever. Maybe I'll eat my words in savage Alex when one of our healers and I are forced to go PLD/SCH or something but while I think both could use a tiny buff or something I don't think they're in a terribly bad place.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The level 60 quest is pretty alright.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I use a macro for Living Dead and that's about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's try hard to want to clear content I play for fun

• Locked thread