Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Post your catgirl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Unguided posted:

Ozzie in the Hildibrand questline.

And he and Hildi can be going off the rails on a crazy doomtrain!

... Oh wait that one ends with a Y

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Burn the OF down.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Minrad posted:

those are cards. you however have spoiled the fact that there's an npc named matoya. also, there's a cid. look the gently caress out people

Thanks for spoiling the Princess Bride crossover questline.

Man it really sucks that AST doesn't get any AOE attacks until 52, where any hldr means I have to stick with individual attacks :(

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Failboattootoot posted:

because you like the mini games.

I loved cuffing a curr :shepface:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

quote:

An issue wherein the monk action “The Forbidden Chakra” and the astrologian action “Draw” could not be queued immediately following the use of a weaponskill or spell.

Oh thank Christ for that, I've either lost cards cause I ran the timer with draw not applying the effect cause of this bug or just plain didn't draw a card and wondered what the deal was.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Materant posted:

Now that I've gotten to 50 AST, I'm kinda frustrated that I can't switch between Diurnal and Nocturnal in-battle, and I'm honestly not sure why they're restricted like that, coming off of basically every other stance in the game. Are they afraid Astrologian would get too powerful despite it's lower numbers if we were allowed to stance-dance?

Yeah this really sucks with AST, so your only real options is to do whatever the other healer isn't doing (or rock/paper/scissors if the other is an AST) and decide if you want to be a ghetto WHM or a ghetto SCH in 4 mans.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

Man, the Vault monk gear is good looking.

The unsheathe on those patas is absurdly frightening on a lalafell :v:

(edit) Just remembered the hat is Aery, not Vault. Still, good lookin'

Good to see Cervantes from Soul Calibur found his way into Eorzea

Whizbang posted:

In the FFX-2 sequel novel, Tidus gets sent back in time and kicks a blitzball but the blitzball is actually a bomb and blows his head off and kills him. Then Yuna makes him better but accidentally makes Sin better too.

Blitzball: Not even once.

All because Tidus wanted to get laid

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
And goons say nothing bad comes from DPS parsers

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/248248-7pm-Prime-time-matinence-on-a-raid-reset-day-is-unacceptable

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

more like dICK posted:

It's a reference to an actual bug from GW2 that got thousands of people banned.

Which was funny cause people were defending themselves that they barely did it and a GM came out and said down to the number how many times the poster abused the glitch.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

post more cattes instead of gitgud talk you fuckheads

This outfit is the poster child for the need of multiple dye slots on clothes. You can only dye part of the tanned part of this, the sash and puffy shirt stays those colors.

E: Oh and the arms also do not get dyed

Leal fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jul 15, 2015

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

I'm a more of a Mazes & Monsters guy.

Mazes and Monsters is a far out game

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

Seven runs of A2 with my static and not a single person got a drop. What a wonderful loot system SE has created.

How fast were you clearing out those A2s? Can we get a screenshot of your parser?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
How many stacks of titanium, rainbow cotton and 3.0 linen would you recommend for leveling classes?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

HelloPlatypus posted:

A metric shitton of Titanium.

Well, I guess these survivor manuals and all the HQ quiche in the guild bank will be put to good use.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

General Morden posted:

Someone please tell me the right way to gear tank, because I'm getting conflicting messages from goons on this.

Some tell me to gear up STR and others poo poo on me for doing so and tell me to stop being bad and build VIT.

Just slap STR and kick any healers that throw on cleric stance. YOU'RE the one that is doing DPS, not them.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ghostinmyshell posted:

This reminds me of the great debate of FFXI NINs about evasion vsSTR stacking. STR ninjas were so much better because they knew how to use their abilities. This may be terrible advice, but why not do what we did in FFXI and carry multiple gear sets/items or eat food/pots as poo poo is situational?

Because that doesn't optimize gil/law expenditure and everyone should just deal with my God given decisions and GIT GUD

E: Forgot the token end post insult that is all the rage with FFGoons: You stupid retarded gently caress gently caress retard.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Should I throw balance on the DPS or on the tank to maximize his DPS and to better take advantage of his str accessories?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

kharaa posted:

the impression i'm getting is that you should put it on yourself because it's literally just you that matters in parties

But as a healer my only role is to support, any attempt for me to dps is me not caring for the tank and his mad DPS.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

seiferguy posted:

Is it fair game to call out the other healer if they're just sitting around waiting to heal to say "hey its okay to switch into cleric stance and DPS a bit" because I've been seeing that a lot lately in trials / raids. If it's MP management, it's really not that hard, at least for WHMs with shroud of saints and assize. At least throw some DoTs in.

The tank has all str accessories so the healer needs to keep on top of keeping his glass jawed rear end up.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Ryanbomber posted:

Why the hell are you still stuck on this?

For responses like this

SirPhoebos posted:

I did the quest to unlock AST last night, and I wish that when you're in a duty your NPC allies would be in the party box.

Also, I'm not sure I get AST. Admittedly, I haven't gotten far with the other two Healing Jobs, but having buffs set by random draw seems like it would make for a lot of confusion.

Give it a few days, you'll memorize which card gives what buff. Just be ready for the simple fact of the buffs being RNG to run a dungeon and not pull a single balance (damage buff)

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Calihan posted:

Man, doing Ravana for the first time via Duty Finder is an exercise in frustration. Granted we had both a MCH and BRD to gum up the DPS a little but seriously, how hard is it to kill some frigging butterflies?

Did you also have a tank that kept facing cleaves towards the party, and at the end of the fight where Ravana starts cleaving over and over the tank started running laps around the arena so Ravana would cleave everyone?

Vil posted:

gently caress melding and gently caress desynthesis.

(Same)

E: The AST changes are pretty nice, if they would allow us to dance between the sects I'd have no complaints about the class.

Leal fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jul 21, 2015

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
So what you're saying is I need to replace all the coke in the FC chest with baby imps and make a shiny penny?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Calaveron posted:

They better add in a new Hildibrand questline or I will be forever sad.

God drat this, its the only reason I bought HW.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Niton posted:

This is a troll, right?

right?

Hopefully not, its about time the playerbase would git gud to experience the story, no more pandering to the casuals.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

If you're not in a static, why does it matter if you get your weapon first? This is a rhetorical question. A few people seem upset about other people buying non-weapons first. If they're not in your static, who the gently caress cares?

Cause you're not being 100% efficient uuuuggghhhh

I'll buy my AST pants first, you nerds can froth at the mouth about minmaxing but bitches, I'm stylin with those pants. I'm winning the REAL end game here.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Eimi posted:

I think it works better with the hyur skirt though, even if it is red.

Nothing wrong with that

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Ouhei posted:

Ears make a lot of hair styles look odd, nightmares imagining them bald

A goon said the Golden Saucer haircut freaked him the gently caress out cause of the lack of human ears

Stufoo posted:

If anyone was still wondering about this for some reason...

First forbidden, 17%
Second forbidden, 10%
Third forbidden, 7%
Fourth forbidden, 5%

I want to burn down the houses of SE CEOs.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Kuvo posted:

ya next time leave them out of context

Out of context best context

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I didn't realize BLM numbers mattered so much, I apologize to the goon who wanted to use third party tools to see the numbers 2 BLMs did in a large pull and I threw out an expanded balance midway through (and time dilated one of them), I probably completely hosed up the numbers :saddowns:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I got DRK to 50 and my god, that quest :vince:

I can see why people say DRK quests are disappointing post 50.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

nuru posted:

There are plenty of goons who are not squeezing out .01% that you can play with.

Plenty of us don't squeeze that extra .01% dps just to spite those that do.

hobbesmaster posted:

One lingering question:
Why can't dark side me pocket heal through fates, sometimes the bird isn't enough.

Why can't I take dark side me as a healer into dungeons, it'll be a better healer then most healers in DF

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

vOv posted:

Also, make sure to go back and look at the quest descriptions in your log.

:stare:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

frosteh posted:

I'm trying to log into Goblin and when I get to the character screen, I only see my character's name and nothing else pops up. When I try to log in, it just says world data or something can't be obtained.

On the lodestone server status page it says all the servers, including Goblin, are online. Anyone know what this is about?

Think something is up with the servers, I'm getting an HTTPS system error

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

EponymousMrYar posted:

Disable is worse than Virus. 10 seconds of reduced stats on it's own beats the 10% damage loss on a single ability. A lot of bosses have a surprising amount of 'abilities' that may include their autoattack.

This is the worst, try to disable a bosses room wide AOE hit and before he finishes casting he auto attacks the tank and disable gets used up.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Well as long as one of you is the tank and another is the healer that pubbie DPS can drat well deal with you guys taking it slow and reading things, or they can abandon the party.

E: You'll need 4 to enter the dungeon, you don't need that 4 to continue running and finish it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I haven't played for a few weeks and those 3.07 AST changes :stare:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

kalstrams posted:

Raiding for others' toons went as high as 80 USD/person/hour.

God drat, why am I constantly grabbing lovely retail jobs? I've clearly been missing out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Chyea posted:

Hours to be determined.

Also, the word you guys are looking for is hebephile

Wait is that the guy from the star citizen guild or w/e?

• Locked thread