Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Niton posted:

I'm all for believing in people, but there's going to be a huge amount of people who have never tanked in their life, and they're being told to make heads or tails out of more than a dozen abilities the first time they hit that queue button. It's going to be bad.

There have always been bad tanks, this just increases the odds of getting one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm jealous of Elfpope's hat. Way bigger than the commendation pope hat.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I really love that Chrono Trigger remix at the start of the Heavensward launch trailer.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

psymonkey posted:

I want Chrono Trigger content so bad in this game. Magus Castle Dungeon/Raid, ehhh??? Tyranos Lair? Black Omen?? Come on SE!!

Ozzie in the Hildibrand questline.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Creeping Chaos posted:

I can see my characters on Odin (Aether dataserver) but not on Excalibur. :v:

I just wanna play your game Yoshi!

{Same}, the non-Excalibur character I was playing during trial while waiting for Excalibur to open loads just fine.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Klades posted:

There's a coerthas leve that is the same type as the adamantoise tears but I forget what it's called.

It's called Cower to the People. I'd recommend leaving Tears for it at level 33, any earlier and it might be difficult to clear the quests that aren't about picking up dirt.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

This thread needs Imp Zone's spoiler tags.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Benson Cunningham posted:

So I've been playing this for two days now, just hit lvl 18. I had a few questions.

1. Are there any sidequest lines it would behoove me to get started on now that I will regret not doing later? I started as a Conjurer, if it matters. I just completed the emissary quest and visited the other 2 capitals.

2. Is it necessary to grind out at least one gathering skill and one making skill? If so, are any more in demand than others, or more valuable?

3. When is a good time to start leveling your secondary job class? I was aiming for White Mage ultimately.

4. I've been dumping all my stat points in mind. Should I just keep doing that? Are they ever refundable?

5. Anything I should really be aware of as a noob that I'm probably not? I've read most of the beginner guides but they can only cover so much.

I'm on a trial account as well, though I'll probably have to buy the actual game tomorrow or be stuck at the level cap. I'm on Goblin right now because character creation wasn't up on Excal. Name is 'Littlest Buddy.'

The quest Rising to the Challenge in Limsa Lominsa gets you the challenge log. The log gives a good amount of experience and gil for doing things you'll probably be doing anyway and it resets every week.

Try and make a character on Excalibur as soon as the servers come back up from maintenance tonight, it might be empty enough for character creation by then.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

DemonMage posted:

It's better optimized, so you could probably get roughly the same framerate while looking better. It's pretty trivial to swap back and forth between them, so just try it out/run the benchmark.

The optimization makes it a lot easier to run on computers with DX11 compatible graphics cards. My computer's fans aren't spinning as hard as they were when I ran the game in DX9.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I've been taking the time to do High Level, Trial and Main Quest roulettes to finish off my Zeta and finishing up the last few beast tribe quests as well as spending time getting DRK to the 50s, so I hopefully won't have too big a wall by the time I hit the later main quests.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Boogaleeboo posted:

Once you get *all* of them to max you get to do a super quest where they all team up. Which is great, and I think about 9 people in the planet have seen because you have to level all the tribes and I'm never going to loving do that.

I'm just two days away from it. I can't wait.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

Each one of these sidequests gives about 35k XP. I need about 1.5 million to level up. Thus I'm looking at 40-45 sidequests. Thankfully, I think the sidequests will run out before my sanity does :shepface:

So for roulettes - do y'all just do one of each you have unlocked daily? How much XP does that give? I don't have the High Level one unlocked because I haven't done like 20 of the instances involved, so that one's not a possibility for me.

Roulettes are worth about 200k each mid-50s. I've been doing HLDR, Trial and Main Story on my main class while taking time to level an alt class to 50 and I'm already halfway through 56 the main before unlocking Aery.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Finally hit 59 shortly after getting to Idyllshire. It's going to be tough holding off on glamouring until I hit 60 and can grab some real gear.

Also, I'm glad they put Matoya in Hinterlands, that was a great callback.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Prism posted:

Yes.

Brayflox is the first dungeon where it can guarantee that everyone is high enough level to have a soul crystal; Haukke goes up to 31, but it opens at 28, so it's possible to do it without being high enough level to get one yet. As a result, it's the first one that pushes people into their class roles a little more, which is most noticable for healers and tanks.

Flox doesn't gently caress around, it introduces tank busters on the first pull and ends with a boss that regenerates if it's not kited out of the AoE.

vanbags posted:

What does everyone do with their poetics? Can I turn them into gil or are they strictly for glamour/gearing other jobs?

I've been buying and vending armor because I've already geared up all my level 50 classes and probably won't have another at that level for awhile.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I somehow managed to fly through a hole in West Coerthas' invisible barrier while afk with autorun on.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Literally cakeing.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Sometime around the ninth subsequent zodiac run of AK Normal I was doing it in my sleep. Those boring dungeons keep me from putting in even 10%

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Add something to EXDR. Neverreap is horrible and one of the main reasons I've been putting off tomestone grinding.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Same, the entire Hildy storyline was fun, even when the guest stars aren't around.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

And here I was about to take a break from the game.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Spaceman Future! posted:

The only job they need to add to XIV is dancer how does anything else even come up its self evident.

tap out steps not unlike ninjitsu to perform forbidden tangos, saucy salzas, wonderous waltzes and malignant macarenas, keep to the beat for criticals :getin:

Limit Break 3: MANDERVILLE

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Chinese Batman posted:

Basically, all rogues are Batman.

They tried dark knight and switched back?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

How's the 50 to 60 DRK quest? Does it get better after 52?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

You strike a most gentlemanly pose.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Dr Pepper posted:

They're the protagonists of kids adventure fiction being followed around by a godslayer.

Final Fantasy: Babysitters Club

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I've seen enough posts gushing about catgirl dressup both here and in chat that I'm not surprised someone would defend Elin.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Keep any Tiger Cod and Rothlyt Oysters you gathered, those can be turned into food that boosts your crafting.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Eonwe posted:

The last post in the wildstar thread lol

I don't know what's funnier, the passive aggression or the fact that they could have shut it down any time they wanted but chose to wait for the F2P launch.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Maybe they'll do a bullet hell version of the marching AoE field NPCs like the final boss of Qarn HM and SICKNESS MUST BE PURGED guy have.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

It's funny how much easier it was to actually look up, find Twintania and move out of the way than it was to hide in that dip on the edge.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

There are a few side quests that unlock things that should be done as soon as possible.

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Guide:Progression_and_Level_Locked_Content

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Daniel posted:

This might help

DYWABT - do you want a bad time?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Saigyouji posted:

That's because the Dissidia designs are based on the Amano artwork. See also: Blond Terra.

The Puff of Darkness minion looks like that

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I wouldn't mind being able to buy one or two of an item from a stack of 99.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Martman posted:

So..... culinarian?

Mid-50s culinarian is perfectly fine on its own. All you need is yak milk and some grains that can be bought in Gridania and you'll be able to craft a ton of muffins. If you're a caster, Ishgardian tea is slightly more expensive to craft but still cheap.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Shamelessly stolen from imgur, where it was shamelessly stolen from somewhere else.

It's more like "Augh gently caress this tank is way undergeared yet his main class is 60 and he could easily buy GC gear. I'm giving my comm to the monk because the two of us did most of the tanking."

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Potato Jones posted:

I guess this event has randomly appearing ghosts. Caught this spoopy guy checking out a moogle decal earlier.

Saw one bobbing up and down next to a postmoogle.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Strawberry Panties gave me an invite to the GMs' sex dungeon.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Martman posted:

What kind of following are we talking about here? Just walking around near someone?

Standing on top of his catgirl and blocking his view of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Whizbang posted:

You're weirder than the FC's actual pedophile, good job.

Tell me more about how annoying pubs like goons do in every other game is worse than pedophilia.

Holyshoot posted:

Not just eve goons who do it. WoW goons do it. STO goons do it. Eve goons just take it to the extreme.

If only this game had an AoE dance item like WoW and STO had.

• Locked thread