Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I cannot wait to poke dragons' poo poo in with my lance and corner Exodus's mining market but my loving video card has taken a poo poo :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
use bloodbath, life pulse and powersurge on dragonfire dives to get the most out of your aoe

use elusive jump to get out of the red

:supaburn:

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
The full notes lists changes to roulettes and how much poetics / law they give now. Law is going to be much easier to get than poetics. 100 from High level DR, 80 from expert.

e: V oh, apparently it was in the original, I must have missed that.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I'm having flashbacks to the 2.0 release

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Are there many/any new cross-classable skills?

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Mining has the best NPC name

Wide Gully

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I bought a retail copy (lol australian internet) and registered the key before the game came back up and now I have a 2.7gb update :smith:

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Sounds like the healers could be tunnel-vision-ing on the tanks and not healing the rest of the group.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Elite cascadier or bust :colbert:

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
The music in Ishgard is extremely my poo poo (especially the night theme) so I hope the rest of HW has as good music

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Moldy Taxes posted:

Did I miss the resolutions on Omega and the Students of Baldesion/Krile? Everything else from 2.X got either neatly or ham-fistedly addressed, but these two seem like they were set up for some Heavensward payoff that we never got.

The Ascian that shows up in the 2.5 and 2.55 story, Nabriales, was the one who nuked the Students of Baldesion. I think he called it a conjunction or something. That's why he wanted Louisoix's staff, so he could do that literally wherever he wanted.

Omega is still under where Frontlines is happening, that's the reason for the territorial dispute, all of the city-states want that sweet loot. Also most likely a part of ex-Teledji Adeledji and Lolorito's Grand Master Scheming Plan of Schemeyness to take over Ul'dah.

Verranicus posted:

XI had better music than XIV
:eyepop:

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
The censor needs to be Hildibrand pulling The Most Gentlemanly Pose

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

mogs pls

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

EponymousMrYar posted:

At least they had the decency of giving you the majority of those quests after you get flying.

Compared to the Hinterlands where I had to walk around the same hill seven times because Tailfeather only has an east and a north exit and they have a small camp to the northwest :shepicide:

That quest chain where you get the starter hunter a hunter partner has given me a nervous tic for the eastern half of the forelands

any time I'm on ground there I reflexively hit my mount key and fly away in disgust

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
gently caress yes I get to wear the dumb sliding drg armour the cutscene hyur gets in the intro movie

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Gammatron 64 posted:

I had kind of a lovely experience doing keeper of the lake for the first time last night. I'm pretty inexperienced in this game so I didn't know I had to keep heavy thrust on at all times. I know there is a poo poo ton I don't know and I'm totally open to constructive criticism but there's no need to be a big dick about stuff.

I kinda get the impression that people are more like "loving retarded dragoons" and would rather talk poo poo than help new players improve.

Also sometimes I have a little trouble getting hit by AoEs and such because sometimes there is so much poo poo going on the screen at once that I have a hard time telling what's going on.

tl;dr guys I know I'm bad at video games, no need to be a dick about it, we're not all final fantasy pros

That you admit that you're not perfect makes you better than 95% of loldrgs

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Belzac posted:

Hi guys, I decided to start reading this thread again. What bad opinions have people developed while I was away?

fester is situational

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Fat_Cow posted:

So does this game have a WoW esque lockout system? Like only able to get loot once a week?

For current raids, yes, usually. In terms of Alexander (the newest raid that came out earlier today) you can get loot from each of four levels a week. You can go in infinite times though, so you just keep going until you get what you want to get. When the second installment of Alexander comes around that restriction will be lifted on this content and put on the newest content. That's how it worked with Coil, anyway.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
To be fair, FFXIV2.55: The Movie has some of the best cutscenes. Especially when the face animation tech starts getting used. :unsmigghh:

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

SirPhoebos posted:

Newbie question: What can I get with the Player Commendations, and where do I spend them?

Same for the poetic tokens.

Player commendations are essentially E-cred. Though, there are a few achievements for getting a certain number of comms (100, 200, 500, 1000, 1500, I think?) that will get you a neat piece of glamour gear or a mount or a minion.

Poetics are a type of currency, and you can exchange them in Mor Dhona (the westernmost southern exit out of Coerthas Central Highlands) for gear but they're basically moot with the heavensward gear once you're up to level 51 or 52.

Ignimbrite fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jul 7, 2015

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
That's, uh, looking like a lot of Alex 4 runs

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Griz posted:

Roegadyn master race

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
source your quotes

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Pharos Sirus
Copperbell HM
Haukke HM
Brayflox HM
Tam-Tara HM
Stone Vigil HM
Sastasha HM

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Kibner posted:

IIRC, the border of the skill will be highlighted when it's ready to use.

----

Limsa is the best because lots of water and also pirates.

Limsa's day theme is one of my favourite tracks in the game, with Ishgard's night and day themes pretty up there too.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Hivac posted:

The best thing in the game :allears:

So soon is greg forgotten

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
You need to buy both seperately BUT don't buy a Heavensward key until you've completely and utterly finished the A Realm Reborn storyline, because all it lets you do before that is make a dragondemonperson as your character.

e:v As far as I know you can actually hit 60 without Heavensward but it'd be absolute pain to do so

Ignimbrite fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Jul 14, 2015

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Shut up and look at how pretty this game can be

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
5-gnath living palanquin.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Behemoth in Coerthas Central Highlands

Coeurlregina (kinda) in Coerthas Western Highlands (Heavensward content)

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Eej posted:

Dragoons also had the worst magic defense of any class in the game for over a year since release so not only would Jumps (which have had their animation repeatedly sped up) get them killed but they would just die from AOE damage that would just kinda hurt other classes. Ironically this also made them the class that was the most susceptible to AOE damage from Dragons.

Also for a LONG time DRG buffs and debuffs (namely Heavy Thrust, Disembowel and Chaos Thrust) were positionals which if you didn't hit them on the right section of an enemy, would not give the buff and would drop the combo. This made some bosses very annoying to deal with and left you with restarting combos if you screwed up or the tank moved the mob a second early or lag decided to screw you.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Coincounter owns

The last boss of Neverreap is a jackass

A1 took me like 1 run to figure out what was going on and people still kill adds away from the lasers

Ignimbrite fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jul 18, 2015

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
There's the Courlregina fedora m'goon

e: joking aside I think the formal wear you can get in Ul'dah across from the aetheryte includes a top hat. I prefer the Maelstrom DoW Allied Seals hat for formal occasions like marriages.

Ignimbrite fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jul 18, 2015

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Etrips posted:

That is the one thing that annoys me about MNK is when my rotation gets interrupted by the target leaving, then having all my buffs fall off and then having to restack GL. Does DRG suffer from this problem?

Sort of, except that it's more if something becomes untargetable after using buffs they're wasted and we have to wait for cooldowns. Also the possibility of our dots falling off which is bad.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Klungar posted:

I'm back to the game after a multi-month break, during which Heavensward came out. I completed the 2.x storyline yesterday and got to Ishgard, unlocking the three new classes. Are there any handy guides out there that show quest progression and ilvl requirements and what not I need to unlock all the new content? I didn't see anything in the OP like the reddit mega threads and what not from back in the day.

To do the last story dungeon in the Heavensward MQ, you need to be ilvl142. To do the two post-MQ dungeons, you need to be i145, doing them will unlock your expert roulette. To get into the latest raid you need to be i170.

e: Maints on the 21st and 23rd, for Alex Savage and new crafting stuff respectively

Ignimbrite fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jul 19, 2015

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Emalde posted:

Finally got my horns! :shepface:

That is a dapper dragondemoncatperson

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
death to potatoes

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Raids don't get put in roulettes, trial has its own roulette. Low Level Duty Roulette has sub-50 ARR dungeons and Heavensward story dungeons, after you beat them. High Level Duty Roulete has all the ARR dungeons added after release. Expert Duty Roulette has the two Post-Heavensward mainquest dungeons.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Scrubs, I've been elusive jump-ing off platforms since titan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
This is what mine looks like (please ignore junk over on the right hand side, I haven't touched that since I got to 60). It's by no means the most efficient way I could have this set up, most of it is muscle memory.

Any suggestions on reorganizing it would be appreciated, everything feels like it could be tighter but nothing I try feels like it works.

• Locked thread