Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.

Postin' my catgirl. Considered fantasia on him into not-dragonman or catte but his entire appearance is based on a character I made a long time ago so I'd feel bad. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

So I mentioned the other day that I kinda wanted to race change my Hyur but didn't know if I should pull the trigger on it. Well..

I like the way he turned out. :shobon:

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Got Ravana story unlocked this morning. Neat cutscenes. Can't wait to tank him blind tonight :ohdear:

If you can tank Titan you'll be fine.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Sightseeing log too if you ha don't done it yet. I'm keeping it for my second class just for a small bonus.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

My first Ravana HM had the Black Mage pull the moment we stepped into the arena and the other tank was a DRK who had clearly never tanked before and was brain dead. We wiped five times due to DPS not killing butterflies fast enough before I quit. Waited my 30 minute penalty and requeued to a group who killed it on one shot.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Boten Anna posted:

I actually enjoyed the moogle quests because:

1) I love moogles

2) Everyone was bitching and moaning about them and I'm a contrarian hipster rear end in a top hat

3) Everyone was bitching and moaning about them and I expected they'd be much worse so it went faster for me than I expected

4) XIV moogles are basically beings of pure, unapologetic ADD and I can relate to and respect that

5) gently caress you scouring an area for a Moogle masterpiece only to find out it's a goddamned poorly painted pebble is hilarious

6) Seriously have some of you not been playing video games for decades? How can you not look at a game map by now and realize that the easiest looking path probably doesn't work and that you need to actually read the map and notice that different elevations are shaded and you can see most ramps and such? This is still a video game, and finding your way through an area is a challenge. loving :gitgud:

This. I seriously had no problem with any of the moogle quests, but then again I like hunts and enjoy the play style of paladin so I might be brain damaged.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

While high, he was talking created accounts not actual players. For comparison, WoW has something like 100m+ created accounts but only 7.1 million subscribers.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

What was the old crafting guide? Everything to 15, then something something something? I thought it was in the OP but apparently not.

I've got no plans to play the stupid crafting endgame but I feel like leveling the crafting stuff up a bit right now for some grand company seals (as I just swapped to the best grand company fixing a mistake I made as a noob).

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Xun posted:

I preordered stormblood from gmg awhile ago, Reddit says preorder codes from those have gone out but mine still says pending. What gives lol

When I preordered from GMG I got a code instantly that I had to plug into the preorder site. That site then shot me an email a few days ago to claim.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

The Grimace posted:

"There sure is a lot of cool stuff going on. Instead of showing good reaction shots from excited people, let's continually film the people in the front row who just wanna yawn!"

It's a repeat of EU Blizzcon where everyone in the crowd looked like :geno: the entire event.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

cathead posted:

is there a cast time for realizing people might be making a joke

When you figure people on reddit are using NPC SAM abilities = player SAM abilities as a 1:1 thing, kinda hard to not expect people here are doing the same thing.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Shared by a friend of mine on twitter:

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Finding myself wanting to run Coil before Stormblood (I've wanted to do it for months, just been lazy), I found this in the FF14Forums.txt twitter:

quote:

I had been wanting to try the Coils of Bahamut run when I first discovered and picked up the quest at level 50. But got so caught up in Heavensward that moved right on to that story instead thinking I'd get back to it later...

Well lo and behold it ends up zooming me to level 60... and I missed it, so there's nothing for me to gain there...

But I did want to see it anyway as its the connector piece storyline between FFXIV 1.0 and ARR... I had watched the cutscenes on YouTube for 1.0 and found them very compelling. Making me seriously interested in seeing the story for Coils.

I queued up... for hours... never starts up. Wasn't that big of deal anyway there wasn't anything I could gain in there at 60th so never really cared about getting anything.

I hit up my FC and we went in unsynced at about i240+ thinking we'd breeze through it and play it for the story since... well we're not getting anything out of it obviously.

What I did not realize... There are so many insta-kill mechanics in the end fights at times that I seriously wonder how people got through this thing with 50th level characters. This thing wipes parties of 60th level unsynced.

But that's kinda useless given that the only thing you'd go there for now is storyline.... but I do see now why I sat in the queue for so long and no one went in. If this is that hard unsynced... why would anyone in their right mind do it at level 50.

One in the final coil was supposed to be an insta kill mechanic but we were too strong to die this time, and so it only made them invulnerable and we couldn't pass anymore...

So my real question here is...

If you're going to leave Coils of Bahamut the way it is now... just update the thing for level 60th gear and being that the thing is already designed to wipe i240+ parties due to the insta kill mechanics in it...

That or drop the insta-kill mechanics so going in unsynced will at least allow us to play it for story purposes.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

It sounds like they're giving you an assured drop for your class at the end of a dungeon no matter what

Gaurenteed there's someone on the OF or Reddit bitching that this will kill the game because it's removing RNG or something.

I'm stoked for this though. My game plan for SB is to ride the rush as a PLD, then once I hit 70 start to level SAM then RDM. Knowing that you'll at least get one drop at the end of the dungeon that works for you is great to hear; hopefully they keep up the unique dungeon set designs. I think I glamoured dungeon set stuff for a long time before I came up with my own design.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Is this the first +XP item that's under level 50? I know the last two or three +XP helms are under level 30 and I think there's a ring too isn't there?

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

I've been leveling in POTD as monk. Plans are to hit 99/99 then when early access hits play SAM 50-60 and then take that 99/99 and turn it into a kinna katana for that class.

I've earned like 8 levels as MNK so far while watching MST3K so I can't complain.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

I ate a tank buster in AV last night due to animation lock from limit break. poo poo happens sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Also late to yearbook thing:

Signius Le'Roux
Voted most likely to change jobs 6 times before the next expansion
"What do you mean I need to know mechanics? gently caress it, gonna DPS."

• Locked thread