Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

beaten, but here are the three preview screenshots on the mogstation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Edit: I'm a dummy who is tired. You have it already :v: those three items are all that are in the game

Do the hall of the novice to get a ring.

Tenik fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Mar 5, 2017

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

It's not a joke. Ffxiv has a lot of patches and support between big releases.

Edit: just for reference of how much content there is, the story content at level 50 is about half as long as leveling a new class to 50, and there are more dungeons and duties at level 50 than below it. The capstone to the end of the level 50 story is an hour long cutscene.

Tenik fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Mar 13, 2017

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Zaodai posted:

Logged in to get my keybinds set and stuff. Quest log confirms I've done the first MSQ but not the second, as you guys said, but I also have a quest for the Ultimate Weapon in my log. I've gotta get some kind of ember from a hard mode, but is there any reason for me to do that quest? I assume an epic weapon from level 50 is going to be vendor trash under current circumstances.

The best weapon at level 50 lasted people until around level 55, but it's a huge time investment. You shouldn't do it now for its stats, but if you want it because you think it looks cool, or you have too much time on your hands, go for it. Most people did the first few steps for it, because it gives a good weapon for people starting out at level 50, but if you can get in contact with a goon guild making something better for you would be trivial.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

vOv posted:

How much of a DPS boost is materia, percentage-wise? Like I know it's significant enough to be worth it but I don't have a good sense for how much.

It would depend on the gear, the substats on that gear, and what you melded onto it. A fully melded set of level 60 gear gives you about the same number of stat points as an extra ring, so maybe 10-15% damage. That number goes up considerably if you are a healer who relies on materia for their accuracy, or a tank who can squeeze in some extra STR on VIT rightsides, or a MCH or BRD who can pump up their crit chances during high burst periods, or... heck, every class benefits from it a ton. If you are in a goon guild, ask around if someone uses the airships to get materia, or you can gather some yourself if you level up the 2.0 beast tribes.

Edit: On second thought, 10 to 15 percent is way too high for DPS classes. Someone else is probably calculating stat weights and percentages right now, anyway.

Tenik fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Mar 16, 2017

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

if you are in a goon guild, the FC chest should be full of prisms. Help yourself to them.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

That magic piety number was calculated for executing a perfect rotation. Having to deviate from that rotation during your fire phase is what is leaving you out of MP.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Obligatum VII posted:

With the perfect rotation being always entering Astral 3 from Umbral 3 at full MP with a non-firestarter F3 (though obviously a firestarted F3 would work too)?

no, but it doesn't allow for this, I think. I could be wrong, though.

Obligatum VII posted:

sometimes I'll have to hardcast F3 to get back into it if I am unfortunate enough to end up dropping umbral before I can start up a fresh enochian timer (or if I have to pause because a mechanic will be happening momentarily).

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

What about leaning into PLD's support skillset, and let them buff the other people in their party? Give them a cooldown to turn blinds from flash into a vulnerability debuff, and a Balance like cooldown to boost someone's single target damage. Maybe tie the single target buff to a reverse shadewalker, so your favorite DPS can generate agro for you.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Plenty of nice things for casual players!

Highlights, for people who can't access it for whatever reason:

Massive nerf to anima's fate crystals. Higher drop rate, and you only need one of each, instead of three.
Double the Crystal Sands from item exchanges, which probably should have happened when Umbrite was nerfed.
Big nerf to Singing Clusters. More per quest, and lower cost on the tomestone vendor.
A12N gears nerf. No longer limited to one per week, and you only need four to get a micro tomestone.
More echo for A9S-A12S. Hopefully enough to get people farming A9S for light.
Weekly limit on Dun Scaith armor drops and shilling removed. Looks like the proto-Ultima quest is still weekly
Deepest Gobdip, the shire weapon upgrade, is now available for farthing/penny/shilling turn in.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

They share gear with MNK and casters. You can get the level 50 ironworks for when you first unlock them, gear for 55-59, and the scripture/alex gear for when they hit 60.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

When they were launched, both the level 50 and level 60 relics were for people who had too much free time. It would take weeks to months to get a relic as good as what a goon crafter can make for you now.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Radiation Cow posted:

I should read terms and conditions before randomly lurking codes. Turns out it's NA only (why is this a thing?), so here are the codes for the actual items:

Eastern Journey Attire
FAVU 28BV 7RYJ 62X6 BQ96

Flying Cumulus Mount
FAWU 7HRE 3BDN DWFZ D933

Eastern Journey Battle Staff
(Lancer/Dragoon Arm)
FAUU SP9L 9Q3L D874 G2Y7

These were lurked, but thanks for posting them!

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

How about making tanks' DPS stance convert parry to crit or det? There is already a precedence for that with cleric stance.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

if i remove a plant from a plot as it's growing, is it destroyed? or can i get the seeds back or anything?

the plant, the seeds, and the dirt are irrecoverable.

Gardening ain't for casual filth who make mistakes and don't keep spreadsheets for plotting out growth cycles.

Tenik fucked around with this message at 04:32 on May 4, 2017

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

you can get them through amazon. They'll give you a code to use.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

This is the first result for "ffxiv timecard" on amazon.uk https://www.amazon.co.uk/Final-Fantasy-XIV-Timecard-DVD/dp/B00CZ9PTKK. I assume that's what you're looking for?

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

I think I suggested these before you took your break, but try these for your DoW classes https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Mercenary%27s_Mitts and these for other stuff if you want variety https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Artisan%27s_Mitts.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

HQs give double the exp of an NQ. If it's starred, it is quadruple a non bonus NQ. You can either spend twice as long leveling, or pay for whatever you need to for hq. Keep in mind that you don't need to craft the turn ins yourself. You can get someone else to do it for you.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Alternately: make the crafted version the same model and texture, but dyeable. People who care about stats can take the easy to get one, people who want to be fancy get the fancy one, and crafters actually have high end gear to craft for people.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

looks like the sky pirate chest of aiming, wind silk pants, and the ffx Tidus shoes.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

I hope there is a forgettable judge themed trash boss, with skills like Red Card: Eye Contact (gaze based petrify) and Yellow Card: Movement (scathach's floor thing). Just basic mechanic stuff. Then some people become paranoid about it, and insist that if no one breaks any laws you get an extra chest from him, like they did for the trap chest in WoD.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

put the bi in bicycle posted:

Join DGKK today! one of us one of us one of us one of us one of us one of us

Why doesn't the usually-cool guy in the middle have pineapple hair? I might have to look into transferring out of DGKK if Baph can't keep up with "the times."

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

For level 50 artifact gear, you'll need a crafter to make something for you, then turn that thing in with the original piece. The turn in merchant is in the shop at the northern most building in mor dhona. Take the door on the right in the main hallway after you enter it. For level 60 artifact gear, you need to turn in an item you can get through either savage trials, or hunts.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

You use Impact when you have a proc to use it, instead of using Jolt I/II

Just think of it like a firestarter proc for BLM

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Harrow posted:

I have recently discovered that the cool face with rad sideburns I picked for my male midlander hyur has weird half-eyebrows and I can't get over it, please help :negative:

Talk to the aesthetician. You can change your eyebrows, and most faces have additional options for eyebrows under the facial features tab.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

If you are on excal, ask in fc chat for some help. There are plenty of crafter goons in all of the FCs who are there to help people get ready for the expansion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

I got a rainbow for our very lgbtqia FC

• Locked thread