Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

I see that your vision is augmented.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
I CRASHED WORLD FIRST

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Tenzarin posted:

TF was nice but the damage was nerfed in the naxx days.

The threat gen wasn't nerfed until sometime after BC launched tho because TF was still the best tanking weapon for all of T4.

Some story spoiler stuff but this post is a goldmine

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/267419-Extremely-Frustrated-come-on-SE

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Ambaire posted:

slutplate, boobplate or chainmail bikinis so far in leveling gear.

We have regular bikinis instead don't worry.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
Also you have more bosses worth of loot to gear up from for a fight in WoW.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
I for one am worried about the state of the game that people are leaving in which you can dress up as a spooky ghost dragon girl with an afro.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
Ha look at this casual scrub who didn't play :20bux: for archives and no ads.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
I base tanking classes off of how good their job story is, which PLD still loses very easily.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Boten Anna posted:

I can't decide what I want to do when servers are up, void ark, thordian, exploratory voyages :ohdear:

Come do totally not Dynamis forever!

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

best patch

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Come join the Diadem goon LS, we're in Hardmode now and oh jesus poo poo happens

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Mazed posted:

On the other hand, gently caress Diadem. It's an awful throwback to old-school MMO design where the presence of people other than yourself and your party just means that what you're trying to do is going to become that much more of a pain in the rear end. The forced competition feels unnatural, and all this morning was this tangible sense of pure :smith: as people all across the zone were being friendly, calling out spawns and attempting to coordinate without realizing that only the first group to dive in was going to get anything. It's gonna get really ugly, really fast. People will adapt to it in some way or another, but it feels even worse than the S-rank hunts from 2.x.

Uhhh this isn't true at all, it's pretty piss easy to get enough credit to spawn a chest for your group if you aren't super late.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Boten Anna posted:

The top tier tomestone never becomes uncapped until a new one comes to replace it as the top tier one. Diadem is another source of i210 gear now though.

Just to let people know Diadem isn't a total replacement to upgraded eso and alex savage gear. The secondary stats are not only randomly assigned but also have a random value. My current helm may have the same dex and vit as other 210 gear but it has 16 skill speed and no other stats at all. On the otherhand you can get every single secondary stat and they all be 50+ but it's stupidly rare so don't depend on it.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
Normal is probably better for grinding materia if you're REALLY lucky with winning rolls. You can get 50+ kills a run if you can convince people to just farm 3s.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
please source your quotes

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Holyshoot posted:

Data mined Things related to the 3.15 Relics, including Weapon (and shield) Icons, and Misc Items likely involved with the new quest chain coming in 3.15

http://imgur.com/a/m5meR

That gun looks silly.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

MikeyLikesIt posted:

What's the difference between Diadem HM and NM? Cause they're already HUGE HP sponges in NM.

You get 1 person shouting out orders in HM instead of 30+ in NM

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
gently caress all that and give your friendly WAR Spire and Goad and TP song all at the same time.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

KaneTW posted:

Warriors don't have any TP issues; giving anything TP related to a WAR is a telltale sign of retardedness.

LLDR

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Amon's outfit isn't even close.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
I was really hating the Belzac posts for a bit there, I'm glad fracture is back.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
New relics are upgrade-able to 255 but only if you are able to find the hidden invisible chest at 3:27am in Coil 3 that has a 0.02% chance to spawn for 17 seconds.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

drunk asian neighbor posted:

You jest but this is basically how all chests worked in FFXII

e: I think the Zodiac Spear chest in that game had something like a 10% chance of spawning, then a 10% chance of it containing an item and not 20 gil, then a 10% chance of it actually containing the spear. Something absurd like that

In original ff12 it was a chest in the optional section of Henne Mines (which was also on the way to Zodiark) OR you could just not open the 4 chests. They changed it in international to be a reward from hunting rares. Although they did add Seitengrate which to get is exactly what I described.

Belzac posted:

Yeah we get it. 12 is a bad game.

I will fistfight you to the death over this.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Thyrork posted:

Also FF12 had the best Greg. The BEST Greg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XsQIHGSNhs

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
You less spammed cure to heal yourself as you did to make threat because ff11 was a stupid game that I love but no one should ever have to play.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
Macroing all of your abilitys together with anime quotes was the best bit of 11.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
Atma can only be obtained by fishing in Diadem, the entire group can roll on it. 200 is required.

New Diadem feature! Fishing can very rarely (100%) summon a meteor on your current position.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
Unless it hands out blow jobs every time you do a boss don't go PLD

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

ApplesandOranges posted:

Out of curiousity, how was the latest expansion terrible? I ask as someone who hasn't played since the end of WotLK.

WoW is one of those games I get the itch to go back to every now and again (classes have variety, the gathering/crafting system is much simpler) but I don't think I could honestly go through the trouble of doing it all over again especially considering the timesink it can be.

You hit a point that is "raid or gently caress off" and you really see the lack of content that wasn't designed for 10+ people. They've done a little to make it better with Mythic 5mans and Timewalking but compared to any other expansion WoW has had it's really lacking.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
I haven't played MCH since 3.1 but I remember them getting pretty ridiculous later on to even keep up with everyone else for DPS.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

It's like why do we ever argue this? We all know the answer to what looks the best and it's right here.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

kafziel posted:

The important thing is, let's hope it culminates in a full run through Lea Monde.

FF12 Pharos basement.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Fister Roboto posted:

Best part of the VA change is that they just made lalafells talk like normal people instead of comically high pitched children. Papalymo's ARR voice was just terrible.

Are you telling me OOOOOOOooUUUuUUrrRRR fffFFiirRRSSssttTT TtttaaaAASSSSKKkkk is not the pinnacle of english voice acting?

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I switched to male au ra for HW launch. They had some nice animations but their run felt really off.

I still miss my original lala the most, lala animations are top top tier. Unfortunately their endgame glamour options were too limited so I swapped to a catgirl dressup doll.

Only one glamour you'll ever need.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
Arcanist is still really painful to level until you unlock SMN/SCH, and even then it's still not very fun until the 40s. Same with Gladiator/Paladin.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
I've taken it to the next level and tank all bosses as far north as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Khisanth Magus posted:

Rift tried the whole damage heal thing, and learned what WoW learned with damage dealing tank-the dps players bitch about you taking their jobs and people playing the other classes of that role bitch too.

It was also fun as hell and dedicated DPS still did more damage. I miss pre-expansion Rift.

• Locked thread