Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
I think I'm going to unlock DRK ASAP and level that up. I've never played a tank before but I've seen PRO takns before and they run forward and grab 5 packs of mobs so I guess I'll do that, this'll be AWESOME. :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Welp, I got in, played mini cactpot and then got 90k'ed about what I expected for launch day. :v:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

For people who have made it to 60, how much more complicated are the new rotations and such with the new abilities added in the expansion? I've been looking over the new stuff added to the various classes and some of it looks like a pain in the rear end to manage, especially trying to keep track of all of it in movement heavy fights.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Renegret posted:

AST is a lot of fun. It took a while for me to remember what card did what but I'm finally starting to get the hang of it.

Also Ley Lines is REALLY loving GOOD HOLY poo poo. Whenever I drop it I just start making GBS threads out fireballs like there's no tomorrow. 15% cast speed feels a lot more significant than it sounds. Plus, more importantly, it looks really awesome. I Can't wait to start Fire 4ing poo poo. One question with that though, I'm worried about all the keybinds I need. Will Fire4 and Blizzard4 need their own separate skill binds, or will they replace Fire3/Blizzard3 while your buff is up?

I'm wondering if I should start using my mouse button as a keyboard modifier but I'm afraid that'll feel really weird.

From what I understand you need separate key binds for Fire 4 and Blizzard 4, neither of them refresh Astral Fire/Umbral Ice so you need to throw in some Fire casts to refresh AF, they also don't switch your buff like F3/B3 do so you need those to switch back and forth.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

You should try actually making a point in the future instead of braying out "LOLLLLL R U A ST00PID REDIT MAN???".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Calihan posted:

That's kinda what I was afraid of. Might be a good time to try out DRK after all.

One thing to note is that other classes got their stuff fixed much more quickly, summoners were only a little bit behind the other ranged DPS classes and the way that they eventually fixed them pretty obviously took a fair amount of work. If machinist is really waaay behind other ranged DPS I'd expect them to get fixed within the next couple of months.

• Locked thread