Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
hey so what's the deal if you preordered via PSN?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
you walked everywhere...for 17 levels?

godspeed

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i approach this game with the understanding it is a way to hide from the reality of my actual life, which has like 3 cool things in it and roughly an infinite number of bad ones. this still does not make me care about what merlwyb says.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i give a poo poo about pvp

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
outright reducing enmity would be really prone to abuse is probably the reasoning there

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
anybody here preorder via psn and know how exactly the process of getting heavensward is supposed to go?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

abraham linksys posted:

Just saw my first vote abandon trying to do The Chryalis. There seemed to be a few people in there who understood the fight but wouldn't explain it to anyone and just got really mad at all of us new players.

I still don't understand how the following aspects of that fight work, and I'm looking at guides and everything:

- What's up with the giant AOE of death after the first orbs phase? Not the one that you make hurt less with the orbs, but the big one with the blue lightning-ish effects that he does a few different times. Do tanks need to interrupt that or something?
- Why don't some orbs pop?
- Are DPS's supposed to get the adds during orbs phase, or let off-tank kite them?
- What's up with the meteors in the portal phase? Is only one person supposed to stand under them, or no one, or what?

1; if you're talking about Quake 3, no. It's just a roomwide AOE you have to deal with.
2; orbs not popping is probably a latency issue, I've not had it happen before
3; tanks are supposed to grab them and face them towards the outside of the arena
4; I don't think the damage is mitigated by more than one player, but someone absolutely needs to stand in them, yes

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
If everyone is around ilvl 110 no that should not be happening. none of the things you're describing are supposed to be threatening mechanics.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
hold on i'll get on, are you in one of the goon guilds?

e: or at least on excalibur

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i'm pretty sure DF will but the problem is making sure i end up with you, i'd imagine. try again and if you get stuck i'll eat a server transfer

if you go 0/3 with groups trying to do chrysalis of all things i'd recommend you take out a life insurance policy because there is a good chance you will be struck by lightning or something

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
lldr is like a level for a really long period of time ime

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

abraham linksys posted:

whenever I see rotations like this I worry that I'm going to have to stop using my controller b/c I am going to need all the buttons I can possibly get

for now I'm just gonna keep doing Fire 3 -> Fire -> Fire -> Fire -> Fire -> Blizzard 3 -> Thunder 2 -> repeat. four skills is probably enough for anybody

There is an option to allow R2+L2 to give you a 3rd hotbar and L2+R2 a fourth that you should look into.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Bobfly posted:

This is helpful, but you now have 33 actions, not counting limit break, to 32 buttons.

I'm only counting 32?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Rei_ posted:

I love it, but you know Fell Cleave is getting a nerf

why would you say such hateful things

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
your dumb friend is going to get like 1 level from all of 2.1-2.55

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
there are people who aren't quite figuring out DRK and there are people who conceptually seem to be extremely bad at tanking. one of these things is much worse than the other.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

UglyDucklett posted:

Yeah i understand why so many people were mad DRK wasn't a dps job now, everyone wants to be one and 60% of them have never tanked a day in their life. Being terrified of pulling more than one mob all the way through dungeons, aiming conal AoEs straight at the healers. I'm sure we'll get plenty of new good tanks in endgame groups now but it's made some of those LLDRs pretty funny.

i have the opposite problem, where i want every class to be a tank class.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
heavensward gave me wanted in that there are now cool dragoon/monk sets, but it doesn't feel right to have bosses not punching me in the mouth so they are leveling very slowly.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Where does the Tactics Ogre gear drop from?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
that sounds loving sweet

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
geirskogul is a dps increase and so is wheeling thrust/fang and claw if you hit the positionals

fake e if you don't want to shoot laser dragons and poo poo what the gently caress are you even doing

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Riftling posted:

Or I didn't know Geirskogul was off-GCD? :v: Worth it, then. Also, if your war is beating DPS classes in DPS 51-60, you have some pretty bad DPS.

this is a weird thing to admit in light of your previous post

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i, too, point out when people are wrong, but refuse to correct them

any class that isn't your main (read: highest level) gets bonus xp that maxes out at 50% (100% in heavensward post-50 i think?) that diminishes as you approach your highest level.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
ah, i thought you only got the 100 percent bonus if you had a class break 50.

e: i got 3 levels in tam tara this morning so i can confirm it is a lot of loving xp.

A 50S RAYGUN fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jul 1, 2015

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
mor dhona -> castrum

those loving tongue pulls

so loving annoying

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i don't care about my dps as long as i'm generating more enmity than the other dps, and if i'm not it's definitely because my gear sucks anyway.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
it's not a thing. that's why he said 'oh wait'.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
oh, i thought he meant in semi-modern ffxiv. i'm pretty sure xp on death was pretty common (or at least not unheard of) in xi era mmos.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
I don't really understand why they care. I ran a few DDs to unlock Arum Vale grinding to 50 and honestly if someone wants to tolerate an absurd amount of tedium to level quickly I don't know why stopping them matters.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Oh, I don't really give a poo poo and I'm leveling decently just doing the MSQ, I just don't really know why you'd care. If someone wants to look at Flares in first room pulls until their eyes bleed it's not really changing your experience

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
How are you okay with running from blue circle to blue circle (be it in N Than or a new region) for XP but very bothered by first room runs ? They're both terribly boring tedium that undermine gameplay

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

I can't understand why SE would want people to play the new content instead they worked on of poopsocking a dungeon grind to 60 and blitzing the MSQ. :iiam:

Square wants people to buy Heavensward and if you think they really care what happens afterwards beyond making the game better so more people buy Heavensward you're delusional

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
If the quickest way to level is by doing old content, the solution isn't to make the old content worthless because then you're just left with slogging through new content and getting jack poo poo rewards or slogging through old content and getting jack poo poo rewards. I play this game for the dungeons and the trials and poo poo; giving me four thousand more bullshit errands in between doing them isn't suddenly more exciting because there's snow on the ground and everyone has French names.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i'm leveling dragoon to 60 solely for tactics ogre dragoon armor

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
phone posting but it's because macros don't spam abilities while the gcd is ticking so you end up losing like .5 seconds on gcd abilities or something

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
you can tell if you're doing enough damage if you pass the dps checks. if you don't, you're not!

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the hardest dps check in the game is nm ifrit's nail and they all get easier from there

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i, too, hate being a huge burly warrior with a fuckoff axe and making huge numbers

is a thing i would say if i was turbonerd who hated fun

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
knowing who the problem is doesn't actually change anything, because 'being bad' isn't currently a vote-kickable offense and that's unlikely to change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

fount of knowledge posted:

Uh, you can only access Bismarck/Ravana Ex with a premade, and if you think people can't or won't exit the fight and kick out the poo poo dps then lol.

the entire point of premades is to avoid 'i am stuck with bad strangers in semi-difficult content'. if you don't want to be self-selecting that's fine but there's a reason 99 percent of the game doesn't require premades and it's because it's not difficult.

there's been plenty of times i've had to tank tam tara or some bullshit as a lancer because the tank sucked and somehow i manage to not really give a poo poo.

• Locked thread