Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

I quit a couple months before Heavensward came out but I'm considering buying it to catch up on the story and try the new jobs. As such, I'm going to ask some stupid questions that I could just google.

- How does Astrologian play? Is it sort of like Corsair, but a healer? Sounds kind of cool. One thing I didn't like about ARR is that the classes just kind of felt the same to me, and too much like playing WoW or any other modern MMO.
- How do you unlock the new jobs? I read in the OP that you can get them once you progress through the expansion story a bit, but they don't have a base discipline right? You just unlock the job and level it from 1?
- Did Summoners get anything cool? I have always been so disappointed with the avatars. They're just so lame compared to what you get in FFXI.
- Samurai when

kaempfer0080 fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jan 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

Thanks for the replies, very much appreciated. I'll probably give AST a go after I get bored of Dragon's Dogma again. I was really excited when DRK got added but I'm still personally offended that it's a tank.

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

The Chairman posted:

There's a 50% off Steam sale on A Realm Reborn ($9.99) and Heavensward ($19.99) until January 25, in case you're considering playing or upgrading.

So if you own the standalone ARR client, you can't upgrade to Heavensward via Steam, correct? It's tempting to buy it at half off but I guess I would need to buy ARR again too, and I don't want to have it on Steam anyway.

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

Digital_Jesus posted:

Amazon has the same sale for non-steam owners.

Aw poo poo, I think I missed it. Says Currently Unavailable for me.

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

I own ARR on PC. If I buy ARR + Heavensward on my PS4, can I play it on PC as well? If not, then I commend SE for their witchcraft.

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

Sentient Data posted:

Since the question has come up a couple times, I can speak from personal experience on playing ARR on one system while having HW on another.

You can level any class up to 50 on either system
You do gain armory bonus on the ARR system up to 50 even if your highest class is >50 or HW-only
You can swap to a >50 class on your ARR system without getting screwed over
If you are 50 or higher, you gain 0 XP for mobs/quests/etc if playing on an ARR system
Quests added in HW cannot be done on your ARR system, even if intended for <50
If you log out in a HW area, you cannot log in on your ARR system
You are not level synced beyond normal amounts if you do any content as a >50 character in ARR
You cannot enter any HW dungeons on your ARR system, either as >50 or =50
You can equip and use any HW-only items that your characters could normally use on your ARR system
You are not locked out of equipping any >50 gear on your ARR system if your character can already equip it

This is so hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

Bleu posted:

I'm already seeing crops of these showing up on other Internet Websites, congratulations on making it as a meme

I'm going to get so many upvotes XD

• Locked thread