Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Maybe EU will actually get a decent promo this time.

I mever got last year's stuff because the UK promo was a trashfire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

e: Kinda want that Dreadwyrm(?) Katana.

Definitely not Dreadwyrm, they've said that RDM/SAM aren't getting Coil weapons. (They are getting primal and Alex weapons, though.)

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

The next live letter is May 20th, and they've said they'll be detailing battle system stuff then.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

They did it for 2.x as well, so they know full well what they're getting into.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

At leadt Stormblood giving you a full set of gear at 70 means you probably won't get hit by the thing where you had to wear vendor gear with worse stats than your current gear to get into the final dungeon.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Back when I was on on a weaker connection, I basically gave up on dodging Earthen Heart in T9 entirely, since the combination of ping and how fast it comes out in the first place made it a complete coin flip as to if I'd actually get out of the AoE in time.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Up 60 to 195ms from England. So that's cool.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

More importantly:

quote:

A mark will now be shown at the top of the detrimental effect icon for effects that can be removed using esuna and the like.

No more playing the "wait, was this a non-leechable paralysis or a leechable one?" game.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Yeah, when I was without internet last year, I was able to play on a mobile connection with a 50 MB data cap. It wasn't ideal, but it worked well enough.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

I'm honestly gonna kinda miss Stance Dancing, but at least there won't be any more lag/idiocy induced "wait why are my heals so bad oh god i'm still in cleric's".

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

The real loss as a SCH is that now Blizz II is gone, we don't have any non-DoT AoE to make bigger numbers with. Maybe we'll get our own Holy/Gravity equivalent? Ok, probably not.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

MechaCrash posted:

What pants are those?

They're the Tantalus Breeches, part of the 3 year sub reward.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

The ex primal mounts are probably gonna be in at launch this time, since we've actually been shown them. The Lanners weren't added till 3.2, though.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Wanted to get this done before the SCH changes hit.

It was painful, but at least I got a sweet title out of it?

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

TheRagamuffin posted:

Oh drat, I was meaning to do this now that I've got 99s. Does it all have to be one sitting?

Nah, you can leave, the only condition is that you're not allowed to wipe, since the achievement only pops if you die in the Deep Palace. (Raise poms are fine though.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

Weird, the forums ate my post.

Speaking of ASTs looking like dorks in cut-scenes: As a BLM I'm always bugged by the cut-scenes where I could very easily intervene/solve the problem with some magic, but because the WoL could be some putz with just a sword, I don't get to.

During the ARR allied beast tribe quests, someone says (paraphrased) "she needs a healer badly", and I just imagined my SCH staring at them mildly dumbfounded.

• Locked thread