Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I am going to immediately jump into dungeons on a DRK after getting a new haircut and spend exactly zero time learning the new abilities. Whatever happens, happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Jay Rust posted:

This has probably been answered a thousand times, but will the new jobs be given all of their abilities like BAM! FIGURE IT OUT! Or will they find a way to teach you how to use a couple at a time before they send you out into the world?

Literally like more than half your abilities all in one go, just figure it out. It's going to be glorious.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Mazed posted:

Alternate catgirl shot. FC decided to have a server-shutdown party at the Hermit's Hovel. Poor hermit, whoever it is.

Bugaal Ja, a Mamool Ja 'dancer' who likes to watch women bathe.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
I can not stress enough how amazingly great the Dark Knight quest up to 50 is. They sell the description as some rogue knight that helps the helpless, but that could not be farther from what the quest-line is actually about. What Dark Knight *really* is is you having a massive psychotic break over how unfairly bullshit your life is. It is the best!

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

looking at drks and wars poo poo damage and actually survive taking hits makes me question my choice of playing DPS

Dark Knights generally risk something to keep up DPS, and if it goes wrong it really goes wrong.

Wars are loving insane right now though, yeah.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

SwissArmyDruid posted:

There's a reason why Rei_, Gaga, and I are all sperging over Fell Cleave. It's because we finally get to slap things around for back-to-back 3K crits with i130 gear.

Endgame gear is gonna make it *magical*.

It's all good. Souleater has the benefit of being a functionally constant combo ender, especially if you DPS. And of course Carve and Spit is 450, although that comes with a minute cooldown. It's a good time to be tank DPS.....and I guess Paladins got stuff, I don't know, their heal looks cool.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Eimi posted:

Burn Ul'dah to the ground.

It's going to be the staging ground for the inevitable push into Ala Mhigo, what with Little Ala Mhigo and all the refugees and the Immortal Flames having an entire front on the border. Basically it's hard to imagine a time when Ul'dah won't be home to a large portion of the important plot poo poo.

And of course you will never, ever stop going to the Waking Sands. Ever.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

drat it!, I was really looking forward for posts about people who cant kill themselves!

That's what Dark Knight is for.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
Once you get *all* of them to max you get to do a super quest where they all team up. Which is great, and I think about 9 people in the planet have seen because you have to level all the tribes and I'm never going to loving do that.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Robo Reagan posted:

Having glamours pretty much ensures that at least a few people will always be willing to do x dungeon

Also hilarious over-leveling means sometimes people will run it just for the sheer amusement that comes with knocking it the gently caress out in a tenth the time.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Tarranon posted:

or we could just resign ourselves to only doing content when the echo drops, that throws dps checks right the frick out the window :v. I've never seen a T12 group get five bennu post echo, and that was one of the hardest DPS checks I've ever seen in the game

Start resigning, the producers are fairly open about thinking people that want meters are poo poo tier human beings that deserve no respect. Like you could make the most logical and reasoned argument in the world and it doesn't matter because the people making the game don't give a gently caress. This isn't a discussion, because one side isn't listening.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Eej posted:

Did Yoshi P take an Atma-shaped poo poo in your Cheerios this morning

I love the game and don't care about meters [ilvl gating generally does that job well enough], it's just the producers have been massively clear over a period of years about both not wanting them and being willing to ban for having third party tools. So it's pretty much always going to be the way it is now: "Illegal" third party programs to do it, the majority not having it, and it meaning sweet gently caress all either way. You can of course keep talking about the issue, it's just....resolved.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

And I don't think a single one of these bastards actually answered my question on how much DPS STR jewelry actually adds so I can decide for my bloody self if it's a good amount or not and therefore worth using.

Or if they DID answer it got buried in all the loving vitriol.

:mad:

The point of STR vs VIT isn't STR particularly adding anything major. It doesn't. It's more that any VIT you don't need is wasted points. Life you *didn't* lose doesn't gain anyone anything. Slightly more damage kills things slightly faster. So as long as you have enough VIT to survive expected damage and a gently caress up, you *should* be fine. You can then proceed to add more STR.

In reality it doesn't really loving matter as long as all your left gear is up to date and you have the best weapon possible. Put either on your right side, assuming people know their poo poo it'll end up fine. Or wait for the next level of crafted gear and meld that poo poo all mix style, showing that you have more money than sense.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Jinh posted:

Resubbed and immediately jumped back into my hippie chick glamour. Everything owns, waiting on my buddy to get on tomorrow to start dungeons but that gives me time to do the new Hildy!

Everything about this was the right decision.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
I'm hoping Red Mage or Samurai have a series of quests to rival Dark Knight for "Best Job Chain". Because everything from "Our End" to "Our Answer" was solid gold.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
God drat it all your nostalgic good bye to HW photos have probably got me to play this game again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Opposing Farce posted:

This isn't a thing in PvE, is it? Because it's really weird to me that they would implement one-button combos but only in PvP.

To be fair it's really just pre-packaging a macro button for folks.

• Locked thread