Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

8 hours until I can get back on.

I Play, I work, I play again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Boten Anna posted:

I actually enjoyed the moogle quests because:

1) I love moogles

2) Everyone was bitching and moaning about them and I'm a contrarian hipster rear end in a top hat

3) Everyone was bitching and moaning about them and I expected they'd be much worse so it went faster for me than I expected

4) XIV moogles are basically beings of pure, unapologetic ADD and I can relate to and respect that

5) gently caress you scouring an area for a Moogle masterpiece only to find out it's a goddamned poorly painted pebble is hilarious

6) Seriously have some of you not been playing video games for decades? How can you not look at a game map by now and realize that the easiest looking path probably doesn't work and that you need to actually read the map and notice that different elevations are shaded and you can see most ramps and such? This is still a video game, and finding your way through an area is a challenge. loving :gitgud:

I am about half way through the moogles and they are still amazing. The side quests are samey but about as samey as every other side quest in the game.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Minrad posted:

Man, I didn't even realize how dire the situation was in Northern Thanalan. I was 70k from leveling at 54, so I went to hang a few FATEs and jesus gently caress, even at 8 am on a weekday on Excalibur it's like being in a prime time boss FATE. Everything dies instantly, it's laggy and culled to gently caress, and I can't help but think how cool it would be to see all these dudes spread out in the new expansion zones instead.

What's the situation like on the JP side? Are they complaining about people doing NThan instead of ishgard FATEs? It doesn't even seem like a difficult fix, just make the EXP:HP ratios actually match or be higher than NThan.

Wait, I somehow missed this. People are using those Fates to level to 60? Do they hate fun?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Vahalla posted:

Just because DGKK chat is marginally less offensive (really only because there's mods and the threat of kitty jail) than most general chat doesn't make it complete garbage 90% of the time. The helpful 10% that isn't people giving us a fascinating play-by-play of their gaming activities for that day, feature requests, or bitching and moaning can easily be replaced by finding a cool linkshell. I will never understand the compulsion to treat it like your Twitter feed.

Basically what I'm saying is quarantine FC chat into your event tab and never look back.

Join TPT. The chat is really chill and no one there comes off a mouth breathing barrens idiot. We also have a ton of new players and it is kind of cute when they run into different poo poo in the game for the first time.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Verranicus posted:

Lol at goons and big DPS numbers. You guys are worse than pubbies, jesus christ.

So do you jerk off to losing or what? In a game full of DPS checks it makes sense for people to want to know how much DPS they do.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

Does Cid even count since he's a three eyed magicless freak?

He 100% does not count.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Pigbottom posted:

Have any of you guys ever used this new voip service? https://discordapp.com/

It seem pretty nice, even for pugs since you can use a web app, but the privacy policy sounds a little shady. Although "the internet" claims this kind of policy is usual for this kind of service.

It is decent, the best thing about it is that it is really good when you want to spin up a room for pugs or something fast.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

KoB posted:

Sounds terrible to anyone in small FC that cant afford the few remaining lots left to buy a house then build a house then build an airship.

I guess Ill never get to see this content.

It doesn't say that it uses the FC airship and they have been generally making sure that people see more of the content. I think your fear might be unfounded.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, those patch notes are repeating a bunch of things we already knew with one or 2 smart guesses thrown in. They come off as really fake.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

MMOs rely on bots to keep the game running bottom line. You like cheap poo poo on the market board right? Wow does it in waves just to keep people happy.

There was an mmo that killed all of its bots. Rift would scan all your proccesses when it was playing. How active is Rift now I wonder.

Rift is dead because the 1st expansion was grindy as gently caress, buggy, and had some awful raids. They also got rid of a bunch of the good devs and went f2p.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Counter-point, none of the lalafell in the story are childlike loli characters. Most are weirdos, one of them is a fairly normal but nieve woman, and a group of them are some of the most capable villains in the game.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

And a 3X3 grid.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

As a BLM main during 2.0 If like to say Wanderers Minuet is good and fair.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The ages seem normal to me if only because jrpg's love their hero's to be 16 and under. The warrior of light is probably 14.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

She's a psychology grad student focusing primarily on with people with autism.

She's not married to you, she is studying you.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Are there any goon FC's or Linkshells on Balmung? I'm stuck here to play with friends but would like to find some more people to run content with.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MikeyLikesIt posted:

Are you in the "No ERP Allowed" LS we have on Balmung?

Nope! I have not played in a bit so I'm just getting back in.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I really want those Garo mounts but the weirdness and futility of Frontlines is really getting to me. Why did they make a Zerg PvP mode where Zerg tactics are the worst way to play?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Verranicus posted:

Sorry Yoshi, but if you award the best weapon in the game by winning the lottery...

...Then I have absolutely no interest in playing your game. Was a fun trip, but I think all good things come to an end.

Why does it matter? Real content is done until Stormblood and that weapon won't really matter in Stormblood.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The idea of respecting veteran players at the expense of casual players is a really stupid idea and it is how you end up with a game that no one plays. If it was designed that way then anytime someone dropped off for a bit they would just stop playing because they knew they wouldn't be able to catch up. Sometimes you need to reset the floor and put people back to a similar playing field.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Wonder Turbine posted:

Why are you all listening to Limit Break Radio? It is like the Alex Jones of FFXIV discussion.

Not true, Alex Jones' crazy was once entertaining. These dudes have probably always been terrible.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The funniest part is that they are salty about SE not respecting vets yet none of them seem to admit to playing 1.0

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The real fix is that duty roulette needs to prioritise better. I've done a ton of Shatasha or Copperbell where none of us were at level for it. If roulette can't match you with someone who is queued outside of roulette then it should put you into the higher level dungeons.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Wishlist for return to Ivalice:
1) Its based on 12 and tactics because both are really good.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Do you actually like any MMO's? You just described the problems with all of them. FFXIV handles the majority of your complaints way better then WoW or GW2 or Wildstar or whatever. I'm super curious what MMO you actually like.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

GW2 combat might be fun or it might be poo poo, I really couldn't tell you because the feedback on what you are doing and what buffs and debuffs do is complete poo poo. I have no clue what is happening in that game.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Belzac posted:

You're going to have a very hard time convincing anyone but your close friends that "it's ok guys, we can still clear if I play this job, just 10% slower and it'll impede our progression, but I know we can do it".

WoW can and does have the same problem and in WoW it is a way bigger pain in the rear end to start playing a new class to fit the necessary roles.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Asema posted:

I'm just getting into FF14 and the thread is talking about WoW and the problems with Titanforging.

:( I'm still having fun with 14 please don't ruin this for me thread

Don't listen to any of this. It's a good game, we're just very close to the expansion so everyone's poo poo posting and whining.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's not that he doesn't like FFXIV that makes it such an interesting conversation. It's quotes like:

Belzac posted:

Also if you think toxicity and drama is a bad thing then you're not the type of person I can have a conversation with about raiding. Or any multiplayer content in general.

Because that's a really loving crazy take.

edit: I totally get why he doesn't like the game and that's fine. I just like the crazy stuff he says about it.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I feel like Belzac want's some sort of unholy mixture of EVE+Wildstar. Ridiculously hard/broken encounters with a design philosophy that asks for the worst in people.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

No one is saying that stuff isn't a part of raiding, everyone is saying that it sucks that it is. Why would you want that situation to happen? Why would you want to play with a person who can't be responsible to show up and a person who's too childish to treat it like an adult and instead makes a bunch of passive aggressive remarks? That's not interesting, it's a distraction from the real game.

edit: Good on you if you like being raid dad but it's a thankless job and the people who enjoy it are a niche group inside of a niche group that exists within a 3rd niche group. Your lazy NIN and whiny WHM wouldn't and shouldn't be raid dad.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 22:48 on May 30, 2017

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

You're weird because you're actually agreeing with everyone but don't know how to say it. I have not done any real hardcore raiding in FFXIV but I did it for a few years in Rift and I played raid dad and it sucked. I did it because it helped my group and let a bunch of other people have fun without needing to worry about ~personalities~ but it sucked for me. It sounds like it sucked for you too because you just said you thought the content got stale and it was too stale to convince you to deal with team dynamics. You apparently don't like them either.

I'm excited to buy the new clothing from the cash shop and post pictures of my roegadame.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think I just got negged.

I'm also going to buy the new emote because it reminds me of Shinsuke Nakamura and I'm trash.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

A wrestleboy who does goofy stretches and kicks people's heads off.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

for someone whose primary joy in life is conflict resolution it is strange to be so good at creating it but so horrible at resolving it

The curse of a big D personality.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I heard Matsuno is going to behead Yoshi-P and perform the quickening.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Also Matsuno's last few games have been good. 12, Mad World, Ctimson Shroud, all good.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm sick and bought the new outfit.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 05:00 on May 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Warrior changes look good but I also think it's time to finally learn Paladin as well. Sorry that you're still kinda boring Dark Knight.

• Locked thread