Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

The most well dressed catte in the game is ready

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

dreffen posted:

youve been posting on an internet forum since 2007

which is worse here hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm`????????????????????????????????

makes u think

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
First Primal Fight Spoilers ahoy:

Boss has multiple breakable walls surrounding the arena; when he does his huge cleave any damage done will start to splinter the walls. Once the wall is down, you are at risk of falling off due to knockback; try to spread the damage throughout the walls.

DPS must kill adds immediately or his transition attack will wipe the raid.

His damage isn't terribly high, just keep an eye out for AOE poo poo and tank health, since his tankbusters can hit semi-hard.

Overall an easy but fun fight, looking forward to extreme mode though.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Vahalla posted:

Give that man a medal for spoilering fight mechanics with fair warning and tags. Good poo poo without story talk.

The fight is really fun to learn on your own, but if people get stuck or w/e the post is there for them

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

squonk

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Second Primal Fight Spoilers Ahoy:

Boss will fly around your arena and occasionally pelt you with poo poo, make sure you stay away from the edges; adds will spawn and need to be tanked; once dragonkillers are active make sure you use them, then hop to the boss and break his carapace; two rounds of this should suffice.

Afterwards, he will spawn two dragon adds, these need to be tanked away from each other; kill blue first, he does some sort of ramping damage thing that sucks. After that the second phase will begin, and it's exactly like the first except there are three adds to deal with. One tank will need to take two of them. Once dragonkillers activate, use them and hop over to hit his weak point for massive damage; you should only need one round of this but two is fine too.

Healers; tank damage is actually moderately high this round, so keep an eye on your tanks. I died twice with cooldowns running because my pubby healers weren't watching me

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
At level 54 a short quest chain appears in Mor Dhona featuring the Doman kids. It's pretty funny!

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
The Great Gubal Library and The Vault are some of the best dungeons I've played in any game design-wise.

Spoilers ahoy:

Matoya's Cave was a super nice bonus too, the theme is amazing.

Anyways, Demon Book strat is pretty easy; when he closes up, make sure you run behind him; threw me off the first time because I didn't think about it, it's not strictly a demon wall fight.

Blybos will spawn adds, kill them and kite the orb to the book he stands on to move him back into phase 1.

Final boss (Iforget his name) needs people to stand on his purple circles in patterns of 1, 2, and 3.

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jun 21, 2015

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
I am two library runs away from 60, gently caress you game

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Tsurupettan posted:

Can't take you seriously, when you talk about SS the party is now much better, when it pretty much does not stop any damage anymore. Stoneskin is good in exactly one situation: When someone got 10k health and you know there will be a hit for 10,1k. Else it would be just dumb to cast it, because it is expensive like poo poo.

End Game Raiding is by the way not the "bigger picture". Endgame Raiding is the little Freak Show for ~1% of the players. And it was never the point, that Whm can't heal anymore. There was no nerf. But every healer class can do that (and shield much better, too, now even more than before).

That Raw Intuition thing is obviously a ridiculous bug.

What you miss is a comparison. Throwing in single numbers is worthless.

source your quotes

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

ilifinicus posted:

guildwork guy isn't doing jack poo poo to update and hasn't since patch 2.3, so have fun on the hunt ts once people stop leveling

Is there any way I can get aboard that train? I like discovering new things and hunts are fun

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Chyea posted:

Ravana EX down. Great fight but it's pretty buggy

does his cleaves break the walls quicker (one or two hits as opposed to fourish)?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
After MSQ there's a stinger; make sure you watch it. I'm not sure if you can skip credits and still see it but yeah

not really a spoiler but if you haven't been to the Dravanian Hinterlands yet might not want to click ->http://puu.sh/ixScJ/bbdb3eca78.jpg

edit: only if you've finished MSQ: in my ending, the Warrior of Darkness looked like generic hyur adventurer but with warrior outfit, can someone who completed MSQ as something other then warrior confirm if it's generic hyur <class> for them?

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jun 22, 2015

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

hes adorable

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Ahahahaha the kain pet does Jump as his random animation

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
At 60 War with scrub gear against a 59 random thing in Azys Lla, the highest Fell Cleave crit I got was 4.3k

edit: With Berserk, Eye, Maim, etc all up

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

El Cid posted:

Is this still the case or did it get fixed in the patch? Because I'd love to mindlessly levequest something to 50 without doing another FATE.

Still works from what I can tell; a leve that should have given me about ~9k gave me ~19k in Coerthas.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
People leveling your second or third (nerds) jobs to sixty, I am a whm thats going to be powering through dungeons repeatedly starting with Sohm Al. If you want quick queues for your baby dps job, I'll be going basically all weekend until I hit 60, so let me know if you're interested

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Rincewind posted:

I finally hit 60 on my PLD the other day! I'm still getting used to my new abilities, though, since my level 50 abilities are so ingrained in my mind. When should I be using them?

Also, what should I prioritize spending my tomestones of law on? I already have the sword and shield. Should I start working on upgrading my right side gear?

I generally do big budget items first since that's the worst part of the grind

e: beaten by sitting at post screen, woops

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Freak Futanari posted:

So DRK has been my first tank class to 50, and i've been liking it a lot. However, there are a couple of things i want to know:

1: Tanking 4-man stuff is easy, but i'm kinda nervous about tanking 8-man stuff. Is there some kind of commonly accepted tank etiquette to avoid stepping on your co-tank's toes?

Not really; some people like to sit and wait and plan stuff out for the 8man trials but usually you have one of the tanks just pull if it's old content. Whoever is generally first to pull is MT while the other guy sits in dps stance.

If you're looking for a laugh, and are good, you can get into a threat fight with the other tank. A lot of DF tanks hate it when you out-threat them.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Jia posted:

Trying to level 50-60 without quests is testing my patience more than the entire Zodiac chain combined, holy poo poo

I'm working on my second 60, white mage, and I'm firmly of the belief that dungeons are the best way to go

I've been at this for about 25 hours did the math, 29.5 hours from 51-58, and that's with almost instant queues

it sucks

armory bonus dungeon exp that I've gotten without rested bonus but with food bonus:

Dusk Vigil: ~250k per run
Sohm Al: ~275k per run
Aery: ~345k per run
Vault: ~385k per run

editedit: also out of all those runs, I've only seen a dungeong pet drop once, it was the panda from aery; those things barely drop at all

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jun 28, 2015

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Iron Tusk posted:

What's your time per dungeon?

with the average DF group each dungeon takes anywhere from 25 to 35 minutes; excluding gubal because I haven't gotten there on alt yet and first time through was back on EA saturday with "good" players

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Francis posted:

Idleshire

heh

After the MSQ the first thing I did was go and check on Alex; I think it's neat how they're doing it

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Rafzakael posted:

armory bonus dungeon exp that I've gotten without rested bonus but with food bonus:

Dusk Vigil: ~250k per run
Sohm Al: ~275k per run
Aery: ~345k per run
Vault: ~385k per run
Gubal: ~508k per run

added Gubal's exp; it'll take 8 gubal runs to get from 59-60 with armory bonus/food, not counting rested

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

So what you're saying is, always use your rested on 50-59 alts.

That's my plan basically, yeah. Gubal is fun though so I don't mind it; everything else, even Vault, is a chore with pugs; especially Vault, even, because spending 45 minutes in every other run explaining mechanics isn't great. Best to take friends

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

nuru posted:

Even with DF groups, I think the most explanation I had to give in Vault was "don't stand in front of / beside portals or you'll die".

Runs generally took 25 minutes.

that's cool, i'm glad for you

i've had runs where i've broken down the fight entirely and we've vote abandoned

not all groups are the same!!!!

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Boten Anna posted:

Don't spend 45 minutes explaining, just pull. :confused:

Seriously nothing is really that hard that I've wiped more than once with pubbies, even the garbage ones, and I pretty much just chainpull everything so the DPS never do anything embarrassing by making them put their dick in their pants for 3 goddamned seconds.

If I were tanking I would (and did!), but I'm a healer now so that's not going to work! A good tank does make Vault trivial though

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

woo i'm done leveling combat classes for a while

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

fadam posted:

How'd you level your second class? Just dungeon grind?

Yeah, 50-51 was fates in NThan, 51+ was nothing but dungeons and daily roulettes. I even did the guildhest roulette despite being barely worth a quest's exp, only for a change of scenery

e: Probably the worst part was the Aery levels for me; I'm not a fan of Aery at all and the dungeon seems to drag on (heh) despite it being equal length to Vault

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
After some searching at Sea of Clouds I found the mystery airship.

It just turns and flies off into the clouds

this is really cool

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

I really like the law gear set, but I haven't looked at any of the crafted gear sets yet so I don't know if I will be using this as glamour or not

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
if healers are oom'ing on the last boss in fractal its because they're chain casting medica2/equivalents and not rotating their MP cooldowns or panichealing over what is pretty spaced out, consistent, easy to predict damage

ie not good healers

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
I'm pretty much purely leveling DoL and DoH just to screw around with airships, they look a lot of fun

i might be insane

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Gathering chat:

I'm now 54, but when I was 53 miner I was having serious trouble gathering Yellow Quartz or Chalcocite collectibles. What is a good rotation to use? I have 575 GP, and my Perception and Gathering are at: 402 and 407, respectively.

I've tried using Toil > Methodical > Discerning Eye > Methodical and Toil > Impulsive > Methodical x2 if proc or Toil > Impulsive > Discerning + Methodical if no proc, but I haven't tried Reveal Hit > Discerning + Methodical > Discerning + Methodical > Methodical

Are there any other rotations I can use that would be more guaranteed, or is it more "get more perception u scrub" like I think it is?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Fister Roboto posted:

Get 600 GP first of all, shouldn't be hard with the first tier of gathering jewelry and some light melding. Also don't use toil, it's a huge waste of GP for little payoff. The most reliable method is usually going to be 3x methodical with a discerning eye on each, and two collections. At 57 you'll be able to substitute a discerning eye for single mind, which will allow you an extra collection. If you can't hit the min rarity with that method, get more perception.

Thanks for this, much appreciated!

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
No Lalafells Allowed is looking for a cool and good Ninja or Monk to be our main backup, with the opportunity to move to a main slot after trialing; we'll be having multiple applicants trying for the main slot. We're a group that will be hitting Alexander content asap, and we're looking for that last person for Alex Normal now and Alex Savage in a few weeks. While we're not raiding every night, we are still committed to pushing ourselves on the hardest content; so applicants are advised to know their class and rotations as best as possible, as well as maintain good situational awareness.

I should also mention that although we are committed to doing well, having a good attitude is paramount. You could pull the greatest numbers in the game, and we'd still not take you if you're an rear end in a top hat or a defeatist. We do fun things from time to time and would not be adverse to running older content (Bahamut, EX primals for mounts, PvP even though i feel i'm the only one that likes pvp in the group) on off days or if current content is cleared.

Raid Times are Tuesday and Wednesday from 9pm EST until 12am EST. Additional raid days are on a by-case basis (if we're close to a kill, for example).

Interested parties can go here, message me in-game (Rafzakael Talket), or message me here on the SA forums!

now back to the alexander hype and dragoon chat

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

SirPhoebos posted:

I've gotten a lot of debuff potions and debuff-removers from various quests. I haven't ever had to use them through the 2.1 MSQ. Are they worth hoarding?

not particularly, you can sell them

the only one maybe worth holding on to is anti-paralysis since some hunts/fates/etc can leave you paralyzed for 20+ seconds after the event is over

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

sir mix a broom

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Anyone on Excalibur that has 60 BSM and would like to try making an HQ Adamantite Sledgehammer? I've tried reaching out to a few BSMs that are 60 but they're either afk or not on when I am. I have the HQ mats and crystals!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Gatherers: what rotation are you using to maximize collect ability on Epheremal Nodes? I've been doing Discerning into Methodical x2 and then Single Mind into Methodical for 2x things at ~445 collectability, but I once got super lucky with Last Ditch on a gently caress up and got something with 525; when I reduced it I got dawnborne aethersand which is running about 55k each at the moment.

• Locked thread