Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012

GreatRedSpirit posted:

The updater knows which one to get based on your account. If you have a HW preorder code entered for your account it'll download the proper HW patch which is something like 8 gigs.

Now I'm concerned. I purchased via the PS Store for PS4 (on a non-PS3→PS4-upgrade account), confirmed stuff on my system, and had to do some stuff earlier today before downloading what I thought was a ~3 GB patch, but Mogstation doesn't have anything down for the Heavensward license row for me and talk of a 8 gig patch has me worried.

Did I goof? Will HW become linked for me once Early Access officially starts and I'll have to download then, or was this just earlier in the day than the 8 gig and I need to run the launcher again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012

homeless snail posted:

Try running it again, once you log in it'll bring up a dialog box asking if you want to register Heavensward early access to your account. I don't think the patch is 8GB on PS4, there's the 3GB patch out of the launcher and 2GB DLC.
Alright, that's good to hear since I already did all that.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012

vOv posted:

because square still hasn't modeled them for male characters
These various items suggest otherwise. :colbert:

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012

Verge posted:

Ok, I wanna play but I want someone to get things - where in the gently caress do I go to shove someone's freind reference in!? I've bought (but not yet registered) the game from Steam, if that matters.

There should be a button for that under the Account Services section (or somewhere similar) on the Your Account tab of Mog Station once you enter your registration code from Steam. After you do that, you'll have until your free month expires to enter a recruitment code.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

They never nerfed dungeon mob XP.

They did.

Patch 3.0 posted:

[2.0] In accordance with the increase in level cap, the distribution of experience points in the following dungeons has been adjusted:
    The Sunken Temple of Qarn / Cutter's Cry / Stone Vigil / Dzemael Darkhold / Aurum Vale
The number of experience points received from bosses has been increased, while that received from all other enemies has been decreased. Please note this does not affect the overall experience gained from the above dungeons.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
For those who may be interested but weren't able to grab them for whatever reason, here are the names for the Warriors of Darkness I was able to pick up.

pre:
Warrior of Darkness: Arbert
 Knight of Darkness: Blanhaerz
 Ranger of Darkness: J'rhoomale
  Magus of Darkness: Naillebert
 Devout of Darkness: unmentioned
Even though no one ever mentions the Devout's name as far as I can tell, there are people who claim to have found it (as Lamimi) in the game files somewhere.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

also kind of related but is there a way to get just like a naked chocobo?

You can unequip barding from the appearance tab of the companion window.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

Okay folks, planning on coming back in but I deffo have the carpal tunnel, on antiinflammatories, wearing those stupid wrist splints, the works.

As such my old flailing at the keyboard and mouse method isn't going to work obviously. So now I'm wondering what your hotbars look like for controller players, preferably for BRD/SCH.
I don't have any screenshots at the moment, but I put these together for SCH (which is my character's main job, but I don't do very intense stuff like Alex Savage). They're not my exact setup because your request got me thinking about some adjustments I might be able to make. Be forewarned, this is going to be a fair amount of :words: for something that can be pretty personal in taste. I also apologize for not having actions labeled with their names.

Bar 2 – DPS

Here's my setup for when I'm in Cleric Stance. Most of the rotational stuff is clumped together for neatness so you just kind of roll around RT's buttons a good deal of the time. Then you have a little clump for AoE on LT. In addition to damaging spells, nearly everything that has equal efficiency both in and out of Cleric (Rouse, Leeches, etc.) also has a place on the bar.

Bar 4 – Heals

And this is what my healing bar looks like. You'll note that the shared actions with the DPS bar all stay on the same button combos. Then things are broken up into halves based on whether or not the action requires an Aetherflow stack. Except for Indomitability, which I've got over on the same trigger as Succor since they're both AoE heals. Emergency Tactics is also adjacent to both actions it affects. Stoneskin's greyed out here because it isn't crossclassed except in specific circumstances where it's useful.

Bar 8 – Misc.

Finally, these are a set of miscellaneous bars. You can use Expanded Controls or the W Bars for these, although some clusters are better suited for one over the other. You've mostly got mobility & pet management on LT. RT is reserved for Cleric Stance, Bane, and actions that don't require prime real estate, but do need to be somewhere easily accessible. Eos' utility actions for use while on Obey have been placed here, too. I don't have everything on a button here because things that see occasional use like Limit Break, Surecast, and Ruin I or items/non-combat actions can go somewhere on your less preferred "fancy" crossbars.

There are a few little tricks built in for these clusters: getting from having all your DoTs on a single target to Bane-ing them all over the place is an extra press of the last GCD button with an additional trigger hold, Fey Illumination's near Fey Wind and Dissipate (which is also next to Deployment Tactics), a Roused (plus optional Fey Illuminationed) Whispering Dawn is all on the same primary trigger, Dissipate's in the "same" location as Aetherflow since it's another way to get stacks, Obey & Sic are on the same side of their cluster's axis as the corresponding summon for which each is a decent default behavior. Things like that.

Thinking about your medical issues that might hamper dexterity, Eos/Obey and worrying about pet placement may not be worth it for you, in which case you'll have a lot more free space on your miscellaneous bars for anything else you might want. Consider using ground targeted placement macros, too. I'm also young and spry, so a quick R1 + Button between GCDs isn't an issue, but you might also want to think about a Cleric Stance macro to auto-swap bars. I've included the skeleton for one below, but it requires a spare bar for pivoting and you'll want regular Cleric Stance (or a non-stance swap macro) on your bars somewhere in case you get stuck with the wrong bars.

code:
/micon "Cleric Stance"
/ac cleric stance
/crosshotbar copy current 4 current 6
/crosshotbar copy current 2 current 4
/crosshotbar copy current 6 current 2
There's actually a bunch of crazy stuff you can do (like Targeting Filters, bar accessibility based on weapon sheathing, different mapping philosophies such as using directionals for actions with cast times and saving buttons for instant casts to increase efficiency during movement, etc.) that I haven't even touched on if you really want to get into it and spend the time it takes to setup.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
Having started playing in 2.57, I was also interested in how Revenant's Toll used to look, so I went and found some pictures showing off its various iterations. I was surprised to find just how spartan it was at first; seems kind of surreal given how comparatively crowded it looks today.

Revenant's Toll was also updated in 2.3, but it looks like the only change was opening up the initial parts of Rowena's House of Splendors. Anyways, there's a whole bunch more stuff in some person's imgur album – which includes links to albums from older patches.

All of this kind of makes me slightly melancholy about not taking more screenshots of Idyllshire's reconstruction, although I'm sure there are plenty out there. If people appreciate this, I can try to put something similar together for Slowfix & Midnight Dew's settlement – likely with a bit more description regarding the changes since I was actually around for them.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
If they haven't done so already, the people (rightfully) complaining about the Titan & Garuda lead-ups should check out the Dark Knight quest line through level 50 when they have a chance.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
Have you completed A Pup No Longer from Vorsaile Heuloix in the Adders' Nest?

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
You don't have to spam ARF in order to come to detest it; everyone else spamming it is enough to drag you under the water and drown your enthusiasm when you decide to run level 60 Duty Roulette.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012

Verranicus posted:

So because reasons my push-to-talk key is =, but when I push this on a ground mount it dismounts me despite me being unable to find any such hotkey. Am I blind or is there another reason for this?

Yeah, check your keybind for draw/sheathe weapon (unless the bold part means = isn't bound at all).

• Locked thread