Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Velveteen posted:

The player character is so naive. Like you corner a traitor who goes "I give up" and then says he'll betray the bad guys then you go over to the quest area and he laughs going "do you really think I'll give up so easily?" then sends the enemy at you because you walked into a trap and then you beat him up along with all his friends and he has an epiphany and decides to turn himself in to the authorities. This happens multiple times! What the heck.

I choose to believe that my character is completely aware of what's happening, but just really wants to beat up some more dudes. When the bad guy gives up, that's just no fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Arashiofordo3 posted:

But I would like to see the leadership panicking about this invasion of heavily armed wanderers suddenly all arriving on their shores. It be a funny little acknowledgement of the meta situation of the patch being released and we all suddenly get to flood over there.

I'm assuming Goetsu is probably a pretty big name over there. If he has a plan that involves opening the doors to adventurers, it's probably one that the leadership will listen to.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

1.x had a few interesting ideas but holy poo poo it was not a good game.

Primetime posted:

Still new to the game (lvl 41 WAR), but this is exactly the problem with other people pulling aggro in lower level dungeons. If I don't get the first tomahawk to set up an overpower I have to spend the entire pull running around gathering enmity on the mobs attacking my healer / whoever puled aggro.

It's only made worse in dungeons where you can't use defiance. Basically to the BLM guy, please let the tank do their job especially if they're learning the role

The best way to handle this is to just go hang out by the healer and wait for the monsters to come to you. Then mash out a couple overpowers and you're good from there. If your healer is any good, they'll very quickly decide to just let the trigger-happy DPS die until they learn their lesson.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

I've resisted the siren song of mogstation items thus far, but everyone has their limits.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

What a bizarre implementation. Still, at least it's in an instance I'm already doing once a week. Double efficiency and all that.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Saigyouji posted:

it just makes me wish we had cross class glamours though.

This is me but all the time. I just want to surround my mage in several inches of sheet metal, Yoshi. Why do the tanks get to wear bikinis, but I can't have this one simple thing? :negative:

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Saigyouji posted:

Also it's kinda weird to see so many people suddenly declaring that the Handmaiden fight was some kind of interesting challenge.

I've had parties that had six flans up at once. It was certainly, uh, "interesting".

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Philonius posted:

No joke, if parry doesn't get murdered in the stormblood revamp, I'm probably going to drop my tank and just play a dps. Dodging dogshit level gear is getting annoying, as someone who doesn't raid savage.

If you don't raid savage, your gear substats don't matter in the slightest.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Out of curiosity because I can't find a good guide for it:

Gardening: Is there anything specific worth growing?

I've made a couple million the last few weeks growing Althyk Lavender and converting it into Abalathian Rock Salt. No idea what the market's like over on Excalibur but it's quite lucrative on my server.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Holyshoot posted:

psssst... MMO devs want you paying for your sub all the time so they make money. They don't want you quitting until the next content patch once you have all your gear in a month or two. Crazy concept I know.

Just because the concept is understood and acknowledged doesn't make it good.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

How complicated is BLM to play? I'm a middling DRG but their rotation is pretty easy, if that provides a point of comparison.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

Has to be crafting material from desynth because theres nothing for 1k seals that you're going to sell for 20k.

Two Althyk Lavender seeds will run you 1000 GC seals. If you plant them with Grade 1 Shroud Topsoil, you get 2 per harvest every time. That's 4 plants per 1k seals.

You go trade them in for a total of 20 abalathian rock salt and sell them for 1500 gil each. Easy 30k gil.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

I give my commendations to whichever party member irritates me the least. Being chatty but not obnoxious bumps you up in my book, much like how being a Lalafell bumps you straight to the bottom.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

The Grimace posted:

i like mandragoras

Mandragoras are good

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Verranicus posted:

Can someone summarize the plot of the quests surrounding the Doman kids in Revenants Toll? I kind of blitzed through it half asleep last night and now I'm curious.

Doman kids are bored and want to adventure. Roegadyn dude in Mor Dhona is like, "hey maybe go find this treasure". So you go find it and it's booze. Then later they get framed for stealing someone's grimoire, so you help them prove that it was a bunch of lalafells.

That's it, as far as I know.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Be nice to Krile

Krile, Nanamoo, and Tataru form the holy trinity of Good Lalas™ and are fine.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Samael posted:

It was such a grind at the starting levels, plus especially when you get up levels 45-50 and running out of quests which was the main thing that made me quit the game last time.

The start is still slow, but dungeon experience got bumped up a bit so the only real sticking point is level 49, and even that isn't too bad these days. Palace of the Dead is super easy, chill content that gives huge experience and can totally be done while watching Netflix or something. It's not something you'll want to grind your brains out on, but it's a nice way to change things up and due to the unique way it tracks levels, you can do it with your friends at any time regardless of whether or not you've caught up to them.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Nobody gives a poo poo about gear can we PLEASE talk about the really important things in this patch??????

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Holyshoot posted:

How do I use my gathers to get sky pirate things or lock boxes?

Same, I would like to get the pegasus but I don't feel like FATE grinding if that's possible, thanks.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

SirPhoebos posted:

I tend to gravitate short tanks in MMO because it makes every fight RULES OF NATURE tier.

The only weirdness I've seen is getting unprompted hugs and pats from pubs and goons #notallpopotos

If you don't /pet every popoto you pass in the street, you're not getting the full value out of your sub.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Primetime posted:

I play with the Logitech MMO mouse that has 24 buttons (12 and then a shift button), but still panic click some abilities. How terrible am I?

I'm sorry, it's terminal.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Finally got BLM to 60 and it's a ton of fun cranking out giant numbers but holy poo poo does having to actually move around drive me crazy now. I decided that upon hitting 60 and finishing my quests, the first thing I'd do was Dun Scaith. That was really frustrating. Drilling this opener into my head is gonna take some time, too. I get the basic flow of keeping enochian up, but wedging thundercloud procs in there leaves me confused and afraid.

Gives me a newfound appreciation for the mobility I have on my melees, though. My DRG's ability to just weave all around the boss while not worrying about silly things like cast times or donuts never sounded so good.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

At the very least make the hair genderless. Aymeric has some luscious locks.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Tataru has pink hair.

Tataru is perfect, so of course we're not lumping her in with the rest of our useless sidekicks.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Holyshoot posted:

tataru should be killed on site

banned from the official forums

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

It's always Arcanist, mostly because carbuncle running away from her is adorable.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Verranicus posted:

Roegadyn women are the least attractive, especially if they have the Sombra hairstyle. They have dog faces, and not the cute kind, woof.

Source your quotes.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Technically, the reasoning given ingame is that they fire 1'ed so hard they literally set their internal aether pool on fire.

Which has got to be a gruesome way to die.

Verranicus posted:

It's a fact.

Alternative facts are not welcome in this thread, thank you.

Rainuwastaken fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Mar 20, 2017

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Zaodai posted:

Maybe if they were smart enough to fight you from outside your arbitrary attack range they'd have better success. But no, they're going to get right up in your face, reach advantage is for pussies.

Look, at this point, Titan could hurl a boulder at us and it would probably break his arm the moment it landed. The new god of Eorzea is upon us, and his name is Kirito Kirito.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Can you get the spoils by crafting or with a single party, still? I didn't jump on the bandwagon and still need my horsey.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

If a tank is going one pack of enemies at a time, I'll groan but keep it to myself. If they make it clear that they're new to the dungeon or tanking, however, I'm totally happy to let them go at their own pace. Big Pulls™ is something that takes a bit of getting used to. It took me a long time to get there myself, but now I just grab as many dudes as I can and pop cooldowns like crazy pills.

Don't be afraid to heal or tank. You're gonna meet some assholes, sure, but the majority of folks will either be completely silent or willing to help.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

If paying a subscription to /pet and belittle Lalafells is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

RP in an MMO is chill enough in theory, but the only RP I ever see is ERP, and pretending to be a child in any context seems creepy and weird.

Yeah, it's not like D&D is creepy and weird. I don't see a big problem with some dude hamming it up and having fun with his character. It's when people take it to a creepy and weird place that things get....not so cool.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Near the end of fights, I like to silently /playdead and see if the healer gets really confused before moving on.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Release Final Steps was pretty awesome. It was still a pub-slayer.

Good news, it still is! :suicide:

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

He's even got the weird grabby-hands and the horn danglies. Man, I never noticed, but that's cool.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Even if some of Samurai's moves do have cast times, I would be okay with that. It gives you plenty of time to pose dramatically before unleashing a big flashy finisher move.

I just hope they don't have a buff to juggle like Blood of the Dragon or Enochian. I understand that it raises the skill ceiling of the class, but it just always stresses me way the hell out trying to keep it up.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

jjac posted:

I'm trying this game out for the nice presentation, relaxing change of pace and subligars but all this spite-talk is really convincing me to quit once I hit the level cap.

If it helps, it's usually people talking about the exception rather than the rule. My experience with the community has been that most people are very quiet in your average run of anything, while the more talkative people tend to be very nice and relaxed.

Every now and then you'll run into the guy with a palm tree up his rear end, but overall it's one of the nicest gaming communities I've been a part of. Also, play with goons.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

I'm going to unsub when they kill off Hoary Boulder in patch 6.78b.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Yeah, my main issue with the whole Yda is actually Lyse thing is that I never knew the real Yda, and so her death doesn't really mean much to me. Lyse is the spunky comic relief character who had an awesome showdown with Livia way back in 2.0. Lyse is the one that literally punched her way out of Uldah. She's cool and good and one of the scions I like, and her big reveal and name change are kinda meaningless because of that. It would be different if Yda died between 2.55 and HW, and that's where Lyse swapped in, but...

Also drat I never realized the link between the legion number and their goals, that's super neat and I feel dumb.

• Locked thread