Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
What's the best way to use limbal rings? I'm expecting some people to make them clash horrendously just to be obnoxious or whatever but I'm trying to use them to accentuate eye color. Any thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Nill posted:

Heard good things about going with 'darker than eye color' instead of the robot neon look.

That's almost impossible, though, since even the dark limbal colors are pretty light.

fadam posted:

Here's a thought: no one cares.

oh my b let's go back to talking about wow subscription numbers

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Honestly there are going to be enough DRKs that even DPS queues won't be a problem.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Have they talked about cross class yet? I'm wondering what will be CC for DRK. I'd guess just defensive cooldowns...

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
The only way to not get stuck with a terrible DRK is to become the DRK and do your best.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
864k xp from 50 to 51, apparently. OH BOY

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Weren't these posted a few days ago? This seems very familiar.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Veev posted:

They post preliminary notes with all the specific details stripped out and then the full notes on patch, or well expansion, day.

In that case I will wait for someone to point out the important parts of these full notes.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

ActionZero posted:

https://www.diffchecker.com/zciygvnb

Differences between preliminary and full notes. As you can see there's not exactly a wealth of new stuff in the full notes.

Hot drat, that's a great website.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

quote:

In preparation for the migration to the new iOS/Android app, updates and certain functions of "Libra Eorzea" have been stopped during the time below. After today’s stoppage of functions, the login function will not be able to be used.

Eorzea Database app?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
:10bux: they extend maintenance

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
IT BEGINS

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
good news, friends, fantasias work if you used them before the patch

im a dragon

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
oh gently caress dragons have new voices

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

and now we wait

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Magil Zeal posted:

I dunno about you guys, but I got onto Ultros fine and I'm doing the story quest now.

Sure. On the other hand, you're on Ultros, so enjoy your lovely small victories.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

SpaceDrake posted:

Oh poo poo, did it eat my fantasia and maybe glitch out my character in a transient state between races? We'll find out I guess. :stare:

It didn't for me, I'm a dragone now

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
On the plus side, my characters are loading now.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Hempen Camise is...not what I was expecting.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Hey i'm in a queue now

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
oh wait nevermind 2002

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Boten Anna posted:

I was in for like one glorious minute before 90k

>brb, fantasia

you sweet, dumb child

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
do you think it will be better or worse in 8 hours

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
lmao, female au ra retainer with the "Independent" personality says "I-it's not like I want to sell your items or anything" when you summon her

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Fat_Cow posted:

People who have done DRK quest what armor does Fury have and can I have it?

There's one on the MB already, it's green i160 gear.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Yeah the DRK questline is basically you having a Rorschach moment

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
One of my biggest DRK complaints is that when you sprint with your weapon out you don't create sparks with your sword

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
guys i did it i'm a 50 DRK :toot:

now i can finally go outside and/or eat

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Can we get the DRK promo armor? Specifically this one:

I know I've seen it in-game, so I hope so.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Mango Polo posted:

I got my Summoner to 50 and now I'm pondering my choices - keep grinding trough the story content till the expansion and get DRK, or finish up my WAR :black101:

How's DRK tanking compared to WAR actually? Lots of people seem to think the class is very squishy compared to the older two tanks.

They're kind of a cross between warriors and Paladins in a lot of regards. They have three 123 combos like warriors, and one of them heals you, they have a cross between flash and overpower (that doesn't interrupt 123 combos, which rules), and they've got most paladin cooldowns and Holmgang, which is great.

That being said, they're more complex than both. You have to keep dark side up at all times which can be hard if you're not used to keeping your mana up. Siphon strike and blood price are typically enough but if you mess up you basically have to drop grit and pop blood weapon, which means you take 20% more damage while you're tanking until you get mana back. You can mitigate it with shadowskin but that's a wasted cooldown.

Plus there's another ability you get at 45 that augments a lot of your core abilities/cooldowns, and it costs like 15% of your max mp (at a guess), so that has to be managed too.

So you have to manage hp and mp and your stances but all things considered it's more fun than warrior and paladin and I have both at 50. (Technically now I have all 3 at 50 :black101: )

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Bad news, friends. Sole Survivor is basically a less lovely Mercy Stroke, you don't cast it on allies, you cast it on enemies.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
As soon as I got into Ishgard and went into the manor to meet the elf with the sweet stache I left o go level DRK asap and forgot to grab the next story quest so now I'm lost. Where's the manor so I can start doing quests again?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Freak Futanari posted:

Man, that sucks. I'm glad i decided to level MCH before DRK then, because the more i hear about DRK the more underwhelming it sounds.

Other than the cool sword factor, which is very good.

tbh as hilarious as it would have been if it worked on allies it would have been essentially useless, this way it's slightly more boring but way more useful

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
guys help i am having a crisis

now that leveling is actually not hilariously obnoxiously fast i'm wondering if i should actually level as a DRK to 60 or if I should go back to MNK

on the one hand DRK is fun and I enjoy tanking with it, on the other hand I really also like MNK and the new skills address most of the problems I have with them

that being said i feel like at this point dps will be in higher demand than anything else for statics since loving everyone is leveling a tank

help what do i do

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Kitfox88 posted:

Dark Knight Supremacy

If you dark arts Power Slash without grit you can pull off tanks if they're not careful, the enmity it generates is loving enormous. I went from Green aggro to Red aggro in one move on Ramuh.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Between that and dark passenger being off the GCD I think maybe people don't like DRK because the don't understand the brand new class. It's quite shocking.

That being said, I have yet to see a good machinist in my path while leveling DRK, and I have to ask if the class is fundamentally not good or if it's just the players. I don't know which one it is because I only did the level 30 machinst quest and decided it wasn't for me, so I can't even tell if the machinists I get are doing it wrong or what.

I had to make a dungeon macro for LLDR that spams DO NOT USE KNOCKBACKS ON MOBS PLEASE six times and I inevitably used it at least twice every dungeon. People see an off GCD button and just press it.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I don't mind if they use it on bosses at all, that's great. It's kind of the same problem Dragoons have, where Leg Sweep is just itching to be pressed. The difference is Leg Sweep doesn't reposition things, which is ideal.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Hey I'm garbage at macros but I need to make one for Living Dead because no one seems to know what it does. Is there a way for it to check if LD actually procs, and if it does, THEN it posts something in chat? (If I activate LD and get to 0 HP I get a different debuff, so ideally it will only say something like "hey you need to heal at least 100% worth of my HP or I'm gonna die", otherwise I don't want to bother posting that)

also it's weird because the tooltip makes it sound like I need to be at 100% HP, but I just need to be healed for 100% of my HP, which is nice but still confusing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Killsion posted:

It functions exactly like one of the mechanics in the Siren fight in Pharos Sirius. The effect ends once you hit full health. Also no, there is no way to have the macro go off only after you have "died". Best you can do is "Yo! I popped Living Dead! I'm about to die from something probably, so let me die! Remember to heal me back to full though after or I'll actually die for reals! Thanks!"

Oh is that how that works? Alright, I've heard conflicting reports.

• Locked thread