Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

BERGfu posted:

((\$|USD).(Gil|gil))|((Gil|gil).(\$|USD))
Promotion
PVPG[0oO]
[gG]i1
====
\d+%\s+[bB]onus
\d+%\s*[o0O]ff
[fF]ast [dD]elivery
[dD]elivery in \d+
[Cc]heapest\s*[gG][i1I][lL]

Irrelevant since Guildwork is broken now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

hobbesmaster posted:

I think Minfilia has the stupidest outfit in the game.

Absolutely.

If they add it I'd wear it, even if I had to buy it in the mogstation.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
So how exactly IS machinist? I don't see many people taling about it, most people seem to just complain about bards.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Is it just wonky or is it BROKEN? I'm thinking about what to level after my DRK and shooting things seems pretty fun.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

Their basic 1-3 depends on coinflips and one of their major abilities is a net DPS loss according to the math boffins

Supposedly parsers weren't catching Wildfire or the other dot and the parser isn't registering crit ticks right since they changed how dot crits work, so the numbers you heard aren't necessarily right.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

psymonkey posted:

Wonky. The biggest thing is loving RNG on your 123 combo, you can possibly be stuck hitting 1 over and over (which also kills your TP cause it's 70 a pop). Every time I don't get a proc it just irks me, which adds up to being irked about 100 times during a dungeon. Also, Gauss barrel seems to be pretty useless? I dunno that's just what I'm reading.

Also, another super annoying thing about it, is that it's possible for you to use your skill speed up move, and then make your moves come out so fast that a proc hasn't registered yet so you basically waste a move doing only 100 potency and then have to cast the same move again for the proc.

Those are my only main complaints. I don't think their damage is even that bad, but I don't care if they had the best damage in the game, RNG on 123 is just to incredibly off putting to me. Gonna go back to NIN for now.

also the sound effects aren't great

WOAH

wait

I thought the 123 combo just augmented the next ability in the chain. Are you saying if you hit 1 there's a 50% chance you'll be able to hit 2?

gently caress that

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
that's dumb as gently caress why would they do that

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Do people hate WM because it also fucks AA damage, or because it makes you immobile?

If I don't make an MCN I'm thinking about ACN because summoners look loving sweet but I think my ACN is like 16. Bleh.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
gently caress it i might make one anyway because i hate myself and then when SE fixes everything i'll be ready to establish myself as a good shooterman

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
So is the problem that the potency of Gauss and WM need to be adjusted to fix the damage lost by no AAs? Would that make people happy? Or do people expect better interactions between GB/WM and the rest of the class' kit?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
There's a 20mb patch already, so maybe that's fixes. Probably not.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
So I can't figure this out. Apparently the battle log can't record how much WIldfire hits for when it falls off, which is super annoying.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Velveteen posted:

The player character is so naive. Like you corner a traitor who goes "I give up" and then says he'll betray the bad guys then you go over to the quest area and he laughs going "do you really think I'll give up so easily?" then sends the enemy at you because you walked into a trap and then you beat him up along with all his friends and he has an epiphany and decides to turn himself in to the authorities. This happens multiple times! What the heck.

you should level a drk

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
update: you can rapid fire limit break

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Wildfire seems to have been fixed, I heard reports of it working yesterday but it doesn't seem to work for me.

That being said, if you rapid fire and then LB the LB has a .5s cast time.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Stormgale posted:

Do you need to rapid fire with gauss barrel on I presume?

Nope. Just did it in SV.(Granted, it had like a .5s cast time)

presumably with gauss it would be better

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

seiferguy posted:

I kind of feel bad for people running MS quests and getting MSDR people in their party, since the DRs want to finish it ASAP and skip all cutscenes and will often start battles and lock you out.

I once got Castrum in MSDR and the team finished it with 99 minutes left :aaa: Castrum isn't particularly hard but man that was actually pretty impressive.

I ran a Castrum yesterday where we had ONE guy doing it for the story. We were killing the second boss by the time he was done with the first boss' cutscene. I felt kind of bad, but was also impressed with out efficiency.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Rei_ posted:

So I've been playing with MCH and can we talk about this rotation a bit? It's bonkers. Since none of your 1 2 3 needs to be done in order, you actually want to set it up in a way where you can get loops of procs going without ever terminating the loop or backpedalling so you're firing a shot that procs the next shot while the next shot is already proc'd... So am I insane or is the optimal Ammo Rotation 2 1 3 2 3 2 1 3? I imagine you'd attempt something like this even with reload on cooldown but man, that's a weird thing to keep track of while also worrying about Hot Shot, Lead Shot, Off GCDs and Autoturrets

What I've been doing is (outside of wildfire windows), spamming 1 until I get a proc for 2, and then hitting 2. If I get that to proc, I spam 1 again until I get 2 to proc or until 3 is about to fall off. If 2 procs again or 3 almost falls off, use 3. Then use 2 and hope it procs 3 again.

Use quick reload on 2 to guarantee 3 and then reassemble 3 to get a crit (only reassemble clean shot)

when you have wildfire ready, get 2 and 3 procced, hit all your cooldowns, and then throw wildfire on, then reassemble 3, reload, then 2 1 3 2 1 3 and dump your ogcds at the same time. (i think. I lost count halfway through that) You want ot fit as many procced clean shots as possible.

basically MCN are really goddamn weird but I am enjoying the class a lot which is unexpected. the nice thing about our combos having like 10 second windows between 123 is that you have plenty of time to reapply dots or hot shot or move your turret around.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/3b07gk/how_to_power_2_skills_with_1_dark_arts/

You can dark arts souleater and carve/spit at the same time with one dark arts. that's like 5-6k burst damage in one GCD.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Kaldaris posted:

Speaking of, anyone have any comparative numbers for DRK DPS? I was running (55) with my Ninja friend and we were killing mobs at about the same rate.

Some guy on reddit was saying with a Ravana EX weapon he was doing like 800 w/o Grit.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
So uh.

Apparently during "Hyper Electricity" weather in Azys La, coil bosses are spawning as unmarked boss FATEs. So far people have spotted The Avatar, Raff, and Melusine, youtube video is coming shortly.

I have no idea how to react to this.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
well for starters there's what looks like Atma Weapon flying around for some reason

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
:siren: SPOILERS HERE :siren:

FATE DESCRIPTION:

"After five millennia offline, Proto Ultima has restored auxiliary power and begun a full systems check. To recharge its main power cells, the Allagan killing machine has deployed several aether collectors guarded by some of the most frightening of the fallen empire's godless creations."

FATE VIDEO: (is still processing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AexXMSHn1y8

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Two reasons why it might not be known:

1) For all we know, since this looks like HW's version of Odin, it may have never spawned before now.

2) Even if it did, we haven't had a lot of people in the 60 zone for long, so perhaps whatever condition spawns it may ahve not been met until earlier today.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Actually that's a level 59 FATE, so that probably isn't even the Odin fate.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Niton posted:

I thought Odin was Couerlregina? We managed to pop and kill her a couple of days ago on Sargantanas, and she had an AoE that was 1-shotting just about everyone on the server aside from a few tanks & truly hardcore players.

Oh. That may be correct. Also apparently the Odin FATE scales to like 67 now and is hitting tanks for 47k autos, so that should be fun.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I don't play casters so I can't REALLY answer this question. My friend wants to play something that feels like Fire Mages felt in wow, but I never played one of those. Any ideas/comparisons?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Can't decide between dragoon or monk...I enjoy both. Choices...

It just takes so long to level stuff right now so alt-itis is killing me. Ugh

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

HELP

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
D people still run CT? Kind of want to put together the Phlegethon set or whatever the hell it's called, it looks ridiculous and is great for DRKs.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

So it turns out Balmung matches the CT tank set, which I've always liked for its dumb goofy charm. May need to fix the hair but the haircut I like clips through the back of the armor, which makes me sad.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Kitfox88 posted:

Lt Mittens needs to be a potato imo.

As long as I'm wearing mittens I can be whoever I want and still be true to the mittens name.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Will there be another epic weapon questline in the expansion?

yes and each quest is randomly given out by hidden moogles in every zone and the moogles are only visible for 15 minutes after you kill a flagged mob which has a fixed spawn rate and isn't taggable by multiple people and also the moogles move

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
On an unrelated note is there a way to make a macro that changes assigned buttons on hotbars? i have a few niche skills on clickable hotbars but those hotbars don't change when you change class so I'm wondering if I can automatically reassign those skills when I change classes back and forth.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Minrad posted:

There's some cool poo poo you can find about Asyz Lla

warring triad probably

kefka's tower hype

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

I am destined to be stuck on Ravana, I guess. This expansion has been a serious letdown between the ridiculous barrier to flight and somehow being completely unable to get seven people decent at this game together for an unchallenging boss fight.

And don't tell me to ask the guild, I've been completely ignored four loving times.

it's probably because you're whining a lot hth

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
smash ko isn't even 53

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Eej posted:

I still can't believe that the Paladin 50-60 job quest was a thing that someone wrote down and thought "Yes, this is good."

What is it? I will likely not get my paladin to 60 ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
what the gently caress crafting is complicated

i thought it was just like wow crafting, namely really stupid and boring and dumb

• Locked thread