Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Leofish posted:

A sign of things to come.

i've seen this reposted a lot, what's the origianl? i'm guessing it's a bad political cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I stand corrected

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
So if I'm understanding this right, was Alex's goal to actually lose the fight, or was the idea that killing the WoL is enough of an anomaly that it might offer the only solution that doesn't kill the entire planet

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I still think I want to do SAM and not RDM but the RDM rotation looks pretty solid. I still haven't seen a flowchart for SAM though, which is irritating.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I was dead set on Samurai but after watching a RDM overview...gently caress, that looks really fun too. Now I don't even know which one to focus on. I'm not a huge fan of RNG in general (unless it's periodic procs) so I'm not sure about how I feel with the whole 50% chance thing. One thing I like about Samurais is that there's no RNG and they seem to be really self-reliant, which is great. ugh I don't know what to choose anymore. still probably samurai, just because they look cool as hell

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
https://www.twitch.tv/squareenix

live letter time

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

the question is, is this the 8man or 24man

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Someone photoshop some Mittens into the dgkk photo please ty

Also why does Powerman 5000 come up when you search for "sepirot"

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
To be fair it does sound similar to worlds collide

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Where's the best place to log off to avoid the queue?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Countblanc posted:

The queue is server wide, not zone wide

People on reddit seem to think it's better to log off in low congestion areas so it's easier to log in.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

EponymousMrYar posted:

It can lead to getting booted off the server because you took too long to load in. Even on a non insane-population server this happened to me once when I logged out of Idyllshire during the heydey of HW.

Is that only a possibility on the initial log in or ANY time you're teleporting somewhere?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I logged off in the Solar, which is instanced to just me so hopefully I don't get IMMEDIATELY booted. I'm worried about the new job starting zones, though, that's gonna be a mess. I'm guessing SAM will be Gosetsu, although I have no idea. I guess we'll know with the patch notes?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
SAM and RDM trainers are in Ul'dah, apparently.

quote:

Where can the RDM/SAM job quests be found?
I'm sure I mentioned RDM at an earlier event, but RDM will start in Ul'dah. For SAM players, you should have no problem rushing to the new trainer if you logged out in Ul'dah as well.
(Translator's note: Yoshi does not clarify if the SAM trainer is in the city of Ul'dah itself.)

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
That potd change SUCKS, drat.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
oh wait am i misunderstanding what that means

i assumed it meant if you're level 20 outside potd, inside you can only access skills up to level 20, which would mean the 51+ floors are going to be super garbage

am i misunderstanding what role actions are

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
oh that makes WAY more sense, lmao

Oxyclean posted:

With the full 100% exp bonus to 50->60 EXP, how many POTDs will it take to do that level range? :v:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I'm pretty sure it's two 51-60 runs per level from 1-50, i could be wrong though

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Is that for the new primals? Link please friend

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
holy poo poo this music is good

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
guys holy poo poo

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I've caused several DS wipes because I Meteor the second it's available, even if the healers need it. I regret nothing, it's a good LB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Injuryprone posted:

Is there a site that has the appearances for all the AF sets?

https://imgur.com/a/L4qOs

• Locked thread