Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
Were you still planning on having a list of RAF codes, Chair?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Leal posted:

Post your catgirl

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Oh good heavens, my face has been blown away.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
If this question has been answered already, I apologise.

I have a friend who has a copy of 2.0 bought via Steam, and he just bought HW with Steam as well. However, neither of the two codes (pre-order and expansion registration) codes are doing anything on any of the sites, and he's tried the lot. Is there some arcane ritual needed to do this or is something wrong?

Thanks.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

KoB posted:

He put it into Mog Station?

He tried both codes on both the "Enter the Registration Code for the Expansion" and "Enter Pre-Order Code" pages of Mogstation, as well as the dedicated preorder site. No joy.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
Bismarck has me in despair. I'm at 4/10 totems and have been for a week of trying every single PF group I can find, because I am evidently the only poor soul on my server who wants an Expanse weapon (I quite like the look of them). :negative:

Is this a fool's errand?

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
I have like six Hive weapons, including the one for my main. Glamour is precisely the reason I'm suffering through this.

And no, my FC immediately goes dead silent as soon as I ask for help getting a few clears, though as soon as somebody needs a Ravana clear, they suddenly need me.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
Alternatively:

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
Those MNK punchers are everything I didn't know I wanted.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

SilverSupernova posted:

I like the name. It fits with the whole title of a Minstrel ballad of an event theme like Ultima's Bane did.

One thing's for certain: Thordan's Reign was pretty unimpressive. Ascends to godhood only to be immediately defeated by a two foot tall balding potato swinging around an axe.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
Another time-traveling slider in Eorzea? Good heavens, we seem to have no shortage of those.

The polearm looks pretty sweet too.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
If Metallic Purple Dye is half as terrifying as it looks in my mind's eye, I must ensure an ample supply of it so I can dye everything.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

seiferguy posted:

Either buy a stack of it on Mogstation for a small fee or hope your retainer gets some in a quick exploration with a high ilvl.

It's a "general purpose" dye, therefore tradeable despite being a rare dye.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

I will forever be disappointed that characters in-game never refer you to the Sea of Butts now.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
I have seen both sides of RNG's wild ride. The ponies dropped relatively easily, with 20 someodd runs being the largest number.

On the other hand, it took upwards of 40 runs of Aurum Vale to cough up the dungeon anima and then 71 runs of Aery to get the Dainslaif, during which time I ended up getting literally every other possible drop from the dungeon. I leveled three jobs from 55 to 60 just repeating Aery. :negative:

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
Meanwhile I think the ongoing boss rush of Allagan Cane, High Allagan Crook, Bahamut Cane, Gordian Cane, and Cane o' Heavens is the dev team's attempt to indoctrinate WHMs into accepting Piety/Spell Speed as their lord and saviour.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
http://i.imgur.com/hVlQJfo.png

I am kinda disappointed at this turned out.

That axe though.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Sendo posted:

Nope, I've got 4 pieces so far and see 7 total drop none with accuracy. I got this though which I'm pretty happy with for whm:

Holy mackerel, that's miles better than any of the 210s I've seen drop thus far :captainpop:

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Niton posted:

Credit isn't that high, either.

Sometimes. The means by which it decides feels kinda hit or miss.

In my last run of Diadem, we had a Purple Worm show up and we didn't get there until it was probably about 2/3rds dead and laid into it, got credit. Later in the run, we popped a Forgotten Wisent and despite the fact that we were one of two groups there from the very beginning and all of us to a man were wailing on it, we got nothing. It seems to be fairer than say, getting gold on an S rank Hunt though.

Bertram Weatherby fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Nov 11, 2015

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Eight-Six posted:

If you go to the Diadem as an alliance, do you need multiple airships available? Like 'one airship per party' or something, or do you just need one airship for the lot?

One airship for every eight warm bodies.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
So either you can't fish on Diadem easy mode or the nodes are nigh-impossible to find, because a couple of friends and I queued up just to fish and we spent over half the time limit searching every nook and cranny without success. :negative:

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Griz posted:

I did an easy yesterday and a guy in my group was catching pterodactyl/marimo on the southwest island with giant crane fly, and I caught some useless fish somewhere else with bladed steel jig.

That's kinda annoying. The three of us ran along the perimeter of every single island in the entire zone without success.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Dastardly posted:

I haven't even tried Diadem yet. :munch:

So many dinosaurs. So many.

Brachiosaur keeps trying to thin the herds with Meteors with such zeal that I'm beginning to wonder if all the scientists were wrong and it was actually him who wiped out the dinosaurs.

Maybe he was one of the previous Calamities.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Kwyndig posted:

Yeah you don't have to do that but it makes things easier, unlike on the last boss where you pretty much have to pay attention to the adds or you wipe.

Speaking of things you have to pay attention to, Cuchulainn's Corrosive Bile is great fun. I haven't yet done a Void Ark where somebody hasn't complained about how the attack is untelegraphed.

By which I'm guessing they mean "a big pulsing orange damage indicator".

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
I enjoy Diadem because it affords me the opportunity to punch dinosaurs in the face, catch pterodactyls with a fishing pole, and flee from meteor showers called down by angry sauropods.

I haven't gotten any good Mistbreak gear yet but maybe I will at some point. Or maybe I won't. Oh well.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Virulence posted:

There've been rumors recently that they'll just drop the normal/savage split and make the next raid tier something like FCoB difficulty.

The way it sounded when it was described to me, the devs are just thinking about making the "Hard" mode easier so that the completion rates for the next set of Savage breaches the realm of integers.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
I'd really just like them to lower the damage threshold needed to secure credit, as it's way too high at the moment.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

ilifinicus posted:

maybe you need to stop playing with bads who can't do DPS

oh wait you're in diadem

I want to live in your world, where apparently the issue in Diadem is "not enough DPS" as opposed to "way too much".

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Thundarr posted:

Catgirl /sundropdance is the most disappointing loving thing.

On the bright side, when the machines take over you'll have a surefire way to blend in with them.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Xenoveritas posted:

That thread would have been better if they at least mentioned what the changes were to Haurchefant. I guess he was more flirty in the JP version or something? I don't really remember what Haurchefant did in 2.x.

Extremely flamboyant and eccentric are the two words I would use I suppose. He's got a bit of an obsession with the WoL in attributes not strictly limited to "saving the world".

Bertram Weatherby fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Nov 27, 2015

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
And then Wind Up Haurchefant's ability in Verminion is E.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
For my part, while I think it's a shame that the English players missed out on the hilariously flamboyant Haurchefant, I was more bothered by the fact that the localisation teams took it upon themselves to completely rewrite a character and the guy in charge of the game had to find out well after-the-fact from fans asking him about it.

Bertram Weatherby fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Nov 27, 2015

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

vOv posted:

He's PCsexual.

Given how into the adventurer he is, you might say that he's boukensexual.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Dross posted:

Am I handicapping myself by playing with a controller? Being able to sit comfortably is very appealing.

I was advised to switch to gamepad in lieu of my old standard of KB/M due to developing RSI in my wrists, and while it took a little getting used to, I'm not sure I could go back to playing the game on a keyboard anymore.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Chyea posted:

gird your loins for brachiosaurus atma.

I can see the Lodestone entry many moons from now:

Changes Made To The Drop Rate of the Items "Atma of the Littlefoot" and "Atma of the Bison".

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

That bloke looks mighty familiar!

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
Two of the Unidentified items can be bought with law, the other two with poetics. And supposedly treasure maps drop them too.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
I went full speed ahead on all of the previous Relic steps but this one's just too grindy even for me, so I'm probably going to be one of the ones getting their Relic right around the time 3.2 obsoletes them.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

sword_man.gif posted:

not happening

right now it's completely 100% not worth it, you're looking at over a month's time investment dedicated solely to the relic weapon and millions of gil for the crafted stuff for a weapon that's 1 wd better than a loving thordan ex wep

If enough Japanese players complained, I could see them tripping over themselves to move the decimal points.

The real question is whether this is too much even for them, but I suspect not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
I miss the days when we just bought three bottles of Mist, dumped them onto the weapon, and called it a day.

• Locked thread