Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

bonewitch posted:

Fracture is fine on DRK and would be great if they didn't have terrible TP problems. It was super good on PLD in 2.x for DPS.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Tarranon posted:

Bismarck ex frontloading a near fcob level dps check has torn our fragile Eco system apart

fcob level dps check might mean something if it wasn't 10 levels higher with 40 more ilvls and 400-600 dps increase on the average dps class

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
an emo dragonboy

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
You know every class gets Byregots at 51 now right

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
i mean you use blessing on goods anyway but if it's worse after 6 rip

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
stop discussing things related to the video game right now!!!!

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

vOv posted:

I like how basically every time a description mentions something bad happening, it's to lalafells.

there are a lot of fish that are described as being capable of eating adult male roegadyns

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
we probably won't see stat testing in force until people get esoterics/alex savage gear (and then only if they're the same item level) because its hard to test stat weights with no gear variance

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
bladed steel jigs are like 5k in mats contact your local goldsmith

and they're quick synthable and you cant HQ them

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
it's a buff icon that changes colors.

that's it.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

goddamn thats memory intensive

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

You're forgetting the potency from the application, champ.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Boten Anna posted:

Again, they've been trying to figure out how to squeeze in TP display for 2 years now and are just now going to have something Soon. So yes, it kind of is because the PS3 is literally six Pentium IIIs duct taped together and like 2 kilobytes of RAM and the UI process gets a fraction of that. The Brewmaster themself has a more detailed display as well, which probably wouldn't fit.

Act like a dick all you want, doesn't change the fact that they outright said that it's a huge struggle to get even the tiniest doohickey added to the PS3 UI, and that is a limitation to contend with when designing new classes.

It's a huge struggle to add new buff icons. How did they manage it for HW?

You realize this elaborate brewmaster UI you're talking about was entirely an addon thing right? Unless they overhauled something in 6.2 you've only had stagger buffs since Monk was added a few years ago.

not a single class in this game has a unique ui element outside of buffs, i dont know why a stagger class would magically require it

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

KoB posted:

All this "rotation" chat is always beyond me. As long as Im trying to keep up my buffs & debuffs while using my oGCDs pretty much as soon as possible (as applicable), am I good?

no

e: omg this av

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
i likpate

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
This weapon that has the same exact model as the relic weapons won't be involved with the Relic line at all, I know this because I know how the Square Enix development team plans to handle Heavensward content.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Willias posted:

Wait, why do you think that the esoterics weapons have the exact same model as the relics?

the videos they've posted of people in full AF2 with reskins of the current esoterics weapons

saying that they're equivalents of soldiery/poetics weapons doesnt make sense because they don't require raid items to get, they're straight tomestones.

just like zenith upgrades.

You need a savage item to push them up to 210 but I'm willing to bet that the relic line will accept them as antiquated or upgraded and just pop you to 210 because they're being added in 3.1 and thats normally when they nerf upgrade items anyway

Doublestep fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jul 24, 2015

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Willias posted:

In ARR, the relic weapons were already implemented and designed from day one, whereas they haven't been in Heavensward? It's entirely possible that they weren't ready for the preview material, you know.

And I'm pretty sure YoshiP has hinted at the relic weapons having something to do with The Knights of the Round.

dang you're right, the twelve knights of the round, 9 of which use some variation of sword, a dragoon, and two staff wielders, how could i have been so foolish

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Captain Oblivious posted:

AF gear and relics have nothing to do with each other hope this helps.

AF gear and relics were relevant gear at the same time. There is no meaningful correlation.

dang you're right, the iconic class weapon has nothing to do with the iconic class armor

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
guys i cant use miasma 2 swiftcast is on cooldown

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
*conveniently ignores the fact that AF2 is named after empyrean gear*

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
they got some neat cooldowns and an extension on huton that's hard to use in your rotation, that's pretty much it

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
you're doing 400 dps under an average monk

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Rei_ posted:

Ravana has a TON of loving downtime and tanks tend to parse a bit higher than anyone else because they're getting hits in on him during the add phase while everyone is killing moths. 600-700 is more than enough to clear the fight and we're talking incredibly solid play if you're scoring above 800 consistently.

:yikes:

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Ciaphas posted:

I'd like Paladin more, aesthetically, with one/any of A) more things to do with their shield, or B) more focus on the "holy" aspect implied by the name Paladin (yes I know it's "Knight" in JP, shut the gently caress up). I've always loved the "Smite Thee With The Power of the Lord GOD" archetype in video games (think D&D clerics, here, or the Crusader from Diablo 3) and was quite disappointed that Paladin just doesn't really pan out that way. (Circle of Scorn is their coolest ability IMO for this reason)

(edit: or hell, the Crusader--and indeed Priests in general--in DFO since we have a few DFO avatars in here. Rad aesthetic on that class.)

I want them to steal the EQ cleric/WoW paladin gimmick of summoning hammers and throwing them at people

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
God drat this 30% parry and evasion cd sure is poo poo. I wish I had a tanking stance like Paladin.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
The reason people think dark knight is bad is because morons like rei keep spreading misinformation like "has no tank stance" and "has no cooldowns" and it owns

Drk is definitely poo poo I wonder why savage groups are all using them dang

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Rei_ posted:

i didnt say it doesnt have a tank stance i said it doesnt have the health from defiance or the shield from paladin, so it literally just has a rebranded shield oath (they have the same dmg reduction afaik but they have less armor/less health)?

And yeah turns out that literally some of the best players of this game in the world can clear bleeding edge content with a mediocre job. A1 which has a tankbuster basically tailor made for dark arts dark mind and A2 which everyone is cheesing with vuln-spreading using bane

lmao no you're wrong again

grit is literally shield oath, and darkside almost completely nullifies the damage penalty.

drks have the same exact stats as a paladin, they just don't have block

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
do you think shields give more stats than 2handers or something???? like where the gently caress are you getting this less health poo poo

shields dont even give armor

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
i'm quivering with rage and i want to poop someone is wrong about tanks in a video game

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

kafziel posted:

No, but they do give the Block mechanic, which is a pretty nice thing Paladins have exclusive use of. And multiple cooldowns to take advantage of it.

The only thing Block gives you use of is Paladin's version of Dark Dance, an attack to help your tp burnout (admittedly kinda nice) and Sheltron which is basically useless in endgame as a tank cooldown

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Mordiceius posted:

Hey fellow goons, I thought it would be interesting to learn the areas where a lot of us live. Go to this thread: http://forums.ffgoons.com/showthread.php?tid=27575

Who knows, maybe we could have a meetup or something if a lot of us live in the same areas.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Also weave Split inbetween your Hot Shot and Lead Shot to fish for procs without firestarter-ing your casts

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
hmm, do i take this ability that's useful and negates the downside to raw intuition

or do i take an entirely useless ability because i dont do any content outside of bismarck extreme

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Spear is also Really Good on summoners because it reduces fester and painflare recast timers on top of aetherflow :getin:

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Kuai posted:

until you start buying AF2

don't buy af2 for a class you don't like

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Freak Futanari posted:

One of the main flaws of Frontlines is that it highlights how terrible the targeting system is. There's no enmity list, so you can either click on the person you want to attack (and accidentally click one of the three people stacked on top of him in the clusterfuck megabrawl you're loving around in) or you can tab target, and mash tab for ten seconds as you switch between people on the other end of the map while the guy you want to kill gets away.

this is why you learn to manipulate the camera to use tab targeting

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
It's definitely impossible thats why people have been doing it since frontlines launch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Hey if you cant use your camera properly there's some baby pve you can do thats more your speed

• Locked thread