Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I'm interested in seeing if Squeenix ever releases infographics on how many people preordered Heavenward, and how many copies going forward in the first few months are copies purchased post-launch. (Maybe even a breakdown of having had accounts before 3.0, and accounts created afterwards.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Except I forgot to take a screenie last night of the delicate and genteel maiden.... with a giant glowing bloody battleaxe.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Wow, those bars of Dragonsong really do kind of sound like Wind Scene.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
T-1 minute until the login servers get flattened.

Also, don't they usually post a new notice that says maintenance is going to be extended if it's going to be extended?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Beh, character select music hasn't changed. I'm just going to sit on the menu screen for a bit, the music sounds kinda interesting.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Beh, Generic Hyur got downgraded back to his Bravura again.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

dreffen posted:

ABANDON YOUR FALSE GODS AND GO TO BED.

AND LET YOU HAVE MY SLOT ON THE SERVER?! gently caress YOU.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

fadam posted:

Whoa, Wrath gives Parry now.

In addition to crit, or instead of?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
People keep saying there's a new VA... for what, English?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
....I have a retainer fantasia. It's getting used.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Someone hosed up their mudras. (Or succeeded. Your call.)

fadam posted:

Not sure. The buff for defiance says that Wrath gives crit, but the tooltip for the Wrath buff itself says it only gives parry.

I guess that's what they meant by

lololololo ambiguous patch notes posted:

[2.0] In accordance with the raise in level cap, all job actions and parameters have been adjusted.

Wasn't this the problem with WAR at 2.0 launch anyways? Where using your Wrath stacks would lead to a direct drop in survival?

EDIT: Wait, that was increased healing. This is less problematic, you're likely to use IB which is a 20% incoming damage reduction anyways.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jun 19, 2015

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Saigyouji posted:

So. It turns out Bane was buffed and its description wasn't changed. It now hits an infinite amount of targets.

:eyepop:

Please tell me there's a way to use Bahamut-y things to Fester everything at once, multiple times.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Has anyone tried resetting their retainer to DRK/AST? I made a terrible mistake in picking a job that wasn't mine when I first levelled him up to 50, and I hope to rectify this with a 30 level head-start.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
My worldview has been shattered.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Curtm726 posted:

Anyone else having any issues getting past the user agreement when installing heavensward from the launcher? It lets me click the box to agree but the next button doesnt work

Can't remember, but I think this is one of those ones where they programmed it so that you had to have scrolled all the way to the bottom.

SO YOU BETTER HAVE READ THE ENTIRE THING.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jun 21, 2015

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Fridurmus posted:

I'm concerned.

https://youtu.be/Yol8pUYsa_w

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
RIP lobby server, looks like I'm being forced out of the house.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Chyea posted:

Ravana EX down. Great fight but it's pretty buggy

:iiapun:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Boten Anna posted:

Warrior is amazing and after the initial dissapointment that a lot of your new skills are Deliverance copies of Defiance ones, I am finding out how just how amazing and "game changing" Deliverance is the more I play.

I'm with Gaga on this one, BLMs can keep their double and triple flares. Warriors get Fell Cleave and double Fell Cleave. Slapping a mob for 3K per swing in short succession is *amazing*, especially when you two-shot that equivalent-level mob that got in your way.

Deliverance basically fixes the problem that I had with WAR: Not feeling very powerful despite swinging around a gigantic gently caress-off axe.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
There's a reason why Rei_, Gaga, and I are all sperging over Fell Cleave. It's because we finally get to slap things around for back-to-back 3K crits with i130 gear.

Endgame gear is gonna make it *magical*.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Ciaphas posted:

What does Deliverance itself do? Do you lose the mitigation from Defiance while it's up?

Defiance got changed for the expansion. Instead of giving stacks of 2% crit, it gives stacks of 2% parry now. A little disappointing, because it actually meant that under Unchained with full stacks, it was a DPS *increase* over being out of Defiance. In any case, the 2% crit-per-stack got moved to Deliverance, and Deliverance itself adds 5% damage on top of it. Changing directly from one to the other converts any stacks you have into the appropriate stack type of the other.

Yes, you lose the mitigation from Defiance while it's up, both the increased HP, and increased healing.

e:fb

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Minrad posted:

Most parses are incorrectly reading their dot and wildfire. And the figures given using said parses are ranging from as "bad" as being 10% below other dps to outrageous claims of doing 30% of the damage of a real dps.

If they are bad they'll get buffed, if they aren't who cares. Either way it only matters for progression raiding.

It's okay, the WARs will pick up the slack whichever way it is. :black101:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Bland posted:

It can be used with other songs and doesn't cost any MP

Question: What's stopping Bards from not using WM, except for when you need it to extend DoTs or whatever?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

mr. stefan posted:

Everyone on the dev team was too busy blowing their loads making WAR loving incredible to have anything left over for machinists.

FTFY

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Patch notes posted:

The following adjustment has been made.
・An experience cap has been set for all tradecraft and fisher levequests level 45 and below when completing them at level 50 and above.
*The experience points displayed when accepting the levequest will be the experience amount without its cap.

The following issues have been addressed.
・An issue in “Thok ast Thok (Hard)” wherein spirit gana and moon gana would sometimes stop all actions.
・An issue wherein the job quests “Our End” and “Stairway to the Heavens” would not grant experience points upon completion.
・An issue in the quest “I Could Have Tranced All Night” wherein the NPC to accept the quest is of a different name and at a different location than indicated on the quest log.
・An issue wherein fishing in Heavensward areas would allow obtaining timeworn maps over the allowed limit.
・An issue when using DirectX 11 wherein accepting quests would cause the UI or screen to not display properly. (Windows Version only)
・An issue wherein servers would go down under certain conditions.
・Fixed a number of text errors.

I thought this was cute:

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Jun 23, 2015

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Rei_ posted:

I love it, but you know Fell Cleave is getting a nerf
LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF MY LUDICROUS CRITS

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Mi'qittens.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Technogeek posted:

Unsurprisingly, those are both from the exact same post on the OF.

:gonk:

Burn the OF down, I got that from reddit.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Holyshoot posted:

How is that a child? They are like 3/4 the size of an adult already.

Have you seen what a pregnant guinea pig looks like?

I imagine this is more or less what a pregnant lala looks like.

Also, see above about the size of a kiwi egg relative to the mother kiwi.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

rock2much posted:

While we're talking about cross class abilities, what are the 5 you'd want on your DRK?

On my WAR I've been using provoke, feather foot, convalescence, second wind and flash. Wondering if feather foot is even worth a drat for me.

Drop Second Wind for Internal Release. You might not think it's a survival cooldown, but then you have never crit a Bloodbath'd Steel Cyclone on a ton of mobs.

Seriously, your HP pool is too large for Second Wind to mean much of anything. Defiance doesn't increase it, nor does Convalescence.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Why do you people keep losing your tokens!? I haven't played WoW since the end of Wrath, and I still have my goddamn authenticator! :confused:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

UglyDucklett posted:

Only va change i didn't like was merlwyb, she used to have this kinda gruff chain smoking breathless type of voice that really suited her and now she's fairly generic.

/gcsalute, discount Jean Gilpin. =(

What the gently caress, it actually WAS Jean Gilpin! Why the gently caress would you recast Jean Gilpin!?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
So I hit level 57 last night... just how compressed is the story between now and 60? Are there a significant number of MSQ post-60? I've still got a whale to harpoonHolmgang, a scion whose reappearance I was spoiled to, a couple of dungeons, two zones I haven't yet been to, and what is leading up to probably going to be a :black101: as all hell fight against the Holy See. At the current rate of MSQ/level, I expect to be level 65 by the time they finish doing all the story they need to do.

(I've managed to avoid spoilers so far, but I think I've already figured how the storyline ends out, and I'm even more hyyyyyyyyyyyyyped)

e: stupid autocorrect

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jun 26, 2015

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Source on that?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

I do, but didn't see anything about the old dev abandoning it, nor any context on who Stanislav is.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
57 MSQ Spoiler, those pointy-eared fucks went and killed my fanboy!

If there isn't a quest somewhere down the line called, "You Have Selected Papicide", I'm gonna be annoyed.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Servers kinda hosed for anyone else? I keep getting 2002s and 90Ks when using DF.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Rei_ posted:

i thought you were supposed to keep a wall behind you? idk, i've done that fight once and havent had to retry it

After he knocks everyone back and then focuses the OT, you want to put a gap behind you as the OT. When the three tether balls spawn, the line AoE he telegraphs will punch out a section of the wall.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Gearhead posted:

The one I'm wondering about is what the hell Primal is Onyx Carbuncle a counterpart to?

Bahamut-egi?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I think y'all may have undersold just how great the music in the last zone is. I can't pin down why it's so great, it feels like some dark futuristic music, but it's not Deus Ex (at least, none of the new ones) and it's not Blade Runner, but it's too good to be something like Demolition Man. Maybe new Dredd? Anyways, Soken is in no way inferior to Uematsu.

Rei_ posted:

It really feels like the Forelands were designed when they concieved of you having access to the flying mount right from the jump, later areas feel a lot more logically gated (the two halves of the Hinterlands, the four quadrants of Azys Lla)

Whoever put that one current on top of the cliff where you have to go all the goddamn way around in Hinterlands is a goddamn monster.

Tenzarin posted:

If your at lvl 60, and you need to upgrade your bracers to do the expert dungeons. Run the last story dungeon before the trial, twice. You get 80 per and most like will get the 40 bonus for someone doing it the first time because there's no loot people arnt really going to be running it to gear out. Then go buy the 170 bracers from the shop in goblin town.

Oh, that's how people are getting Law at such prodigious rates. Newbie bonuses.

• Locked thread