Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

sword_man.gif posted:

(on what removed spells would he miss) Yoshida: The opposite was true [he successfully saved one]. The Protect spell, there were talks within the dev team that “oh we don’t want this anymore” and he (Yoshida-san) felt that as Final Fantasy you have got to have that spell [Protect]. It would be weird if we didn’t have it.

gee thanks yoshi for keeping this stupid maintenance spell that nobody likes but is required anyways. appreciate it buddy.

Would you rather they did what WoW did, by having lesser versions of "stupid maintenance spells" on scrolls?

I mean, at least we're not looking at Blessing of Kings/Mark of the Wild (and woe when those two were still distinct from eachother) Arcane Intellect, and Power Word: Fortitude.

cheetah7071 posted:

People always get extremely antsy right before patches

This thread (assume it's not locked) and the ffxiv subreddit are going to go loving insane during maintenance

At least the subreddit posts maintenance Au Ra. :pervert:

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jun 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Mordiceius posted:

Know in the trailers how it shows the samurai hold back Susano's big sword? Not sure why they show the samurai, because it's the tanks job.

:black101: :getin:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Yoshi-P loves us all.

At the end of ARR, I was feeling down on WAR because despite swinging around a giant fuckoff axe, I wasn't getting numbers that felt good. FELL CLEAVE FIX THAT.

This expansion, I got a lot of "Can I *please* be allowed to step in front of some things and intercept that poo poo with my face? I'm a _tank_, it's what I _do_." THIS FIXES THAT.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Mordiceius posted:

I can't even imagine what Susano EX will be like because story mode Susano is going to be a pubbie killer.

I mean, we had Beam Struggle at the end of Donut Scathe. I am _all_ for having to stack up multiple people to block a sword and then having to decide, "Do we allocate an extra DPS to help block and get a little extra time on the countdown, or do we hold them out to DPS the sword down faster"? That sounds like a great expansion of the basic mechanic to me.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Kriptini/status/874799746786906112

DRK/PLD combos rejoice! Except no, because WAR still applies in two GCDs and not three. =T

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jun 15, 2017

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

I realize that as their audience also encompasses countries that do not use a western alphabet, they couldn't go on to E or F without actually risking that someone wouldn't know what E or F was.

But it would have amused me greatly if they had gone A B X Y L R.

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Ranged jobs also no longer have a damage penalty in pvp.

Jesus Christ, the QoL.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Onslaught
Rushes target and delivers an attack with a potency of 100.
Additional Effect: Increased enmity
Beast Gauge Cost: 20
Can only be executed while under the effect of Defiance or Deliverance.
Cannot be executed while bound.

Upheaval:
Delivers an attack with a potency of 300.
Potency decreases as own HP decreases. Potency also affected by maximum HP-increasing effects granted to self.
Can only be executed while under the effect of Defiance or Deliverance
Ignores the damage penalty inflicted by Defiance.

Shake It Off
Removes most all detrimental effects.
Can be executed while under the effect of action-inhibiting statuses.

Internal Release
Halves Beast Gauge costs and nullifies Stun, Sleep, Bind, Heavy, knockback, and draw-in effects.
Duration: 20s
Can only be executed while under the effect of Deliverance. Effect is canceled if Deliverance ends.
Shares a recast timer with Unchained.

1) Here's hoping that Beast Gauge state doesn't zero out when zoning into stuff.
2) If it doesn't, "REMEMBER TO KILL SOME poo poo BEFORE WE QUEUE"
3) Upheaval sounds like it increases in damage with regard to the HP increase given by Defiance and maybe Thrill of Battle.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

.....I have never heard of this brand in my entire life.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/umadori0726/status/875326564279373824

I _almost_ unironically want this.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Lemon-Lime posted:

Pretty sure it does, which is why Onslaught is a bad joke.

Onslaught should have generated 20 IB on a 60s cooldown.

I know, right? Onslaught generating 20 + Path combo = IB ready to roll.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Gizmo Chicken posted:

https://gamerescape.com/2017/06/15/e3-2017-interview-with-naoki-yoshida/
According to this they're going to combine 50 and 60 DR into one.
Also no head start for having a completed Anima weapon rip

Meh, this is fine. I think headstart was an inducement because of how backbreaking Relics were. I finished 3 this time, as opposed to nearly noping out before finishing a single Anima book.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

isk posted:

Thousand D'awwws. It's full of couerl kittens.

Pick the weeds in Kan-e-Senna's medicinal garden, but don't pick *too* hard, you might put your back out!

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

super sweet best pal posted:

I'm not mad that Anima won't let me skip step one of the next weapon. I'm mad that Umbrite was such a massive tome sink and continued to be so long after that step ceased being relevant. That was almost as bad as books.

Tome sink is right. I just kept accumulating sand currency afterwards that by the time I was done with my first umbrite step, I was already all sanded-out for relics 2 and 3, and I *still* had five sand left over at the end.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
god, I hope so. It's not like having the boss's model suddenly disappear and fly up into the air is any worse than BLM's "you're all loving blind now" LB3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Ciaphas posted:

Not that it matters anymore, but there were a couple of things I never quite figured out on Diabolos Hollow.

- Does the damage of his Earthshaker vary with distance from center, either of the targeted players or collateral?
- What exactly are you supposed to do for the purple AoE stack indicator with an eyeball in the middle?
- In the Double Edge finale are you actually supposed to stack for the aoe stack indicator attacks? You'd think so but every time I've gone in I've died horribly, without fail.

-Nope.
-Face away from the one person marked. Stand in the stack circle. It is possible to do both simultaneously.
-Yes, but it needs more than like, five people. By that point, there is no point in stacking, and you may as well sacrifice the marked person and rez them afterwards. I *believe* the stack target is always a tank unless all tanks are dead, so if you can keep chain-rezzing them, and everyone else who are still alive are decent at dodging and not punting other people into balls, you can weather Double Edge until Diabolos kills himself with it.

• Locked thread