Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Weren't dungeons/fates trash exp in 2.0 too and then got buffed later?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Verranicus posted:

You can buy tokens for in-game gold that give you game time now, so if you have the gold you can effectively play for free. Blizzard recently nerfed the biggest and easiest way to make gold because they obviously want more people paying money for subs than gold.

Uh. I'm pretty sure *someone* has to pay for that token in the first place, to put it on the market, so I don't really think they care how people sub?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Mordiceius posted:

I just had the long cutscene with the white dragon at the zenith. How far am I from the Aery and the Vault?

Aery soon, vault is 57.

Blockhouse posted:

you do realize the time tokens still have to be bought with real money by somebody right

I don't think he does.

vOv posted:

I only hear about FFXIV on the wow forums. The game has no buzz anywhere else. It's mostly a game for emos and beta males.

It's quite frankly bizarre, how little I see about this game outside it.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Holyshoot posted:

You should have vote kicked him for being afk after the first boss. Your dumb group that vote kicked you probably would have hit yes.

Wrong. Should have votekicked just before the last boss. Might as well use their fairy while she's around.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Do any of these apps work in fullscreen? I can't play in windowed cause my performance tanks due to ancient gpu.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Boten Anna posted:

An outside area where you run around and do exercise, or a loving nerdass museum?

Of loving course nobody likes neverreap :v:

I think I'd like neverreap a lot more if my only 60 right now wasn't a BLM.

As it is now, though, gently caress neverreap forever.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Why not just votekick -> AFK? Like any normal person would?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Fancy Corndog posted:

Are there any other MMOs that have aimed to be played with a controller like this one?

GW1 is limited to 8 abilities, GW2 to 10. You can play both just fine on a gamepad, and a lot of people prefer to play at least gw1 that way (dunno about 2).

e: I'm actually really glad they're limited by controllers because gently caress having 40000 skills, 39998 of which are used in very specific scenarios.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Furnaceface posted:

The number of people that complain about filling up every available hotbar and still missing stuff in this very thread tells me that the game still has massive ability bloat even with the focus on being controller friendly.

Yeah, it's a wow clone alright. I hope they work on that in the future, there's really a couple things they could pull out and nobody would notice (hi ruin 1 since broil, just put that kind of poo poo behind traits goddamn).

Of course, my MX518 is dying (or rather, the cable is giving out, *again*, the mouse is still working just fine), so I ordered a G600 for the extra buttons, which should cover me for the next expansion or two. :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Niton posted:

As a Scholar, it's still nice to use in the rare situations where your Expert tank can handle 5+ mobs, but it's a lot more niche than it is on Summoner, since our filler spells are 200 and 170 potency. Summoner should basically be spamming it any time it's safe to on 3+ mobs once their higher potency spells have been expended.

e: Also it's great for overworld stuff and soloing~

I honestly prefer Aero over Blizz 2.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

rock2much posted:

edit: hah! I didn't even see that you ordered a g600 until after I quoted the earlier post. :)

Yeah, I'm still cool for HW, there's plenty of keys to be had on a keyboard, but I'm close, and it'll be more comfortable just having some of my junk on the mouse.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Kibner posted:

It's pretty easy, tbh.

In the same way it's easy to eat a lunch with your arms around your neck. You get used to it, but it's not what normal people do voluntarily. :v:

But really, I have a gamepad and I tried really hard to play this game with it, because having an MMO I could play from my couch would be pretty rad, and the most I can manage is fishing and playing sub-15 characters. I'm amazed by people who manage to do actual content with it.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Tenzarin posted:

If only there was a time machine to go back to Titan normal queues near release when half the group had controllers.

Titan normal is just moving around and using your 2 dps skills, I can do that fine.

cheetah7071 posted:

I find it easier to move around on a controller, by a ton. I've also always had problems hitting the right keys on a keyboard (even easy ones like 3 vs 4 I'll screw up), but I have no such problems with a controller.

Yeah, this is me, but vice versa.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Verisimilidude posted:

So I hit level 30 on my lancer and the lancer guild quest is asking me to get to level 15 on a marauder to make a dragoon. Is there any reason to level up the regular classes beyond what's required? How does that work exactly?

Dragoon is really just a better lancer. You level both at the same time. Job is just a silly distinction on most classes (arcanist actually has 2 specializations).

e: It's quite a bit better lancer though, so you should unlock it preferably before you continue doing other things, except what the guy below said about chocobro.

Truga fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jul 7, 2015

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

low level roulette

My LLDR story for the day:
Zone into SV with a 41 DRK and 2 level sync'd DPS. A DPS goes "ughhhh stone vigil. I really don't want to run stone vigil," ragequits. 2nd dps follows in his steps without a word.

2 new dps join instantly, we clear with zero issues, very quick for lldr, definitely before that person's duty lockout was up :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Character customization is quite literally limited to what kind of clothes you like to wear. Character builds are replaced by having the ability to be any class by just swapping to the weapon that class uses. If you like theorycrafting about where to put your stats/skill points, this isn't a good game IMO. (there's one way to be "optimal" in content, and it's apparent from a mile away)

I don't find this bad, though, because this allows them to easily balance poo poo. GW2 still has broken as gently caress builds that'd be really fun to play if anyone cared.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

nuru posted:

When you transfer does your friends list turn into a large pile of <deleted>? If you transfer back are those replaced with the original people?

Yes. To both.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Boten Anna posted:

Also hint: it's REALLY fun when the people whining about the lack of ~*ENDGAME*~ leave their lodestone achievements unlocked.

{Same}

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I liked some old MMOs. I like FF14 too :shobon:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Furnaceface posted:

Remember the days when we had to grind for weeks for a level, only to lose it when we died? Getting to max level was an achievement, poo poo they carved my name on the moon when I did it, it was that big of a deal.

On the other hand, leveling content used to be actual content, not filler you have to go through before you can play the game. :v:

But really, it's just a different approach imo. As long as I have fun with it, I don't really care. The problem with a lot of old mmos wasn't so much the content itself, IMO, but that they could be seriously un-fun to play unless all the stars aligned for you to get a fun evening in (i.e. waiting forever for groups).

That said, I never really played a lot of any old theme park MMO, with the exception of Ragnarok Online, which is basically just a slightly clunkier diablo with more players and a dumber xp curve. And I had tons of fun with diablo2 never reaching max level either, so...

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Furnaceface posted:

Its me, Im the MMO survivor. :corsair:

Eh, I was more talking in jest, when I said "content".

Ye olde MMOs were basically MUDs but with slightly worse graphics. The way to play was to log in, kill some poo poo for xp, and log out. If you had luck, the death penalty wasn't retarded and the gameplay was fun, so you'd have fun and make some progress every day, but that was about it.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Just make it dog orders.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

My carbuncle never attacks people, I have no idea how this could happen, usually it's really nice :kiddo:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Boten Anna posted:

triple flare

Where's my Ex-Ether Yoshi? :argh:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Boten Anna posted:

I got to level 54 at least and let's just say at some point in a dungeon soon after, tears have been shed.

Yeah, I think I got an extra level in by using x-elixir, but after that's it's just gone

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Fancy Corndog posted:

Ul'dah is the best city obviously but it definitely has the worst MB placement

lol if you don't do everything MB/retainer related at the house. It's way too convenient to even bother with cities.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

AdorableStar posted:

Also gently caress you Enix I can't get trial time to carry over if I sub?

Yep. Just level another class or two first, you'll need them for your job/skills anyway.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Leviabeetus.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, get a new GPU first. I'm running on 6970s too, and it's getting lovely with the dx11 update.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

central posted:

Never played FF XIV... kinda have the itch to MMO heal though. Good time to start?

FF14 is always good to start IMO, but you might have trouble creating a character on the goon server, it's usually only unlocked at or slightly after 11h GMT or so.

Take that into consideration. Goon guilds are really fun though.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
You can use a RAF code after you've bought and registered the game code (so, after your trial expires, really), but before you've subscribed for the first time.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i kept pulling aggro off of my DK mt

Congratulations, you've been promoted from OT to MT. Enjoy the pay raise senpai's attention.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Erg posted:

I'm only level 48, but I think I'm getting to the point where I should be microing cooldowns as a summoner, or choosing embrace targets as a scholar. I haven't been prior to this, and it's a hard shift to start making now.

I've gone through almost all of the 2.x content with Selene on sic. There's like 2 fights where obey helped.

Since 3.0 hit, though, I've been using obey pretty much exclusively. The aoe leeches is way too good for selene to waste on a single debuff.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Captain Oblivious posted:

Room spam was nerfed in 3.0, as I recall.

Armoury bonus is now 100%, and as an additional bonus, you can pop into the next room and kill the boss, which now gives a ton of exp IIRC?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

:dogbutton:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
It's very erotic.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

ghostinmyshell posted:

The only allowed provoke macros involve getting Sempai to notice you.

I.. It's not like I want you to notice me, <t>-senpai~

Vermain posted:

I can understand why they don't want to make macros able to be queued , but it'd be extremely helpful for pet command macros

I have keybinds for the pet bar itself because I play almost exclusively SCH, and hitting a non-embrace Selene/Eos skill once always causes it to be used. It can often take up to a couple of seconds before she uses it, but she always does. The same is probably also true for pet skills dragged to a hotbar.

On the other hand, I use an embrace macro (with <mo> <tt> <t> in it so I don't have to swap targets when I'm dpsing and making selene heal the right person), and getting that poo poo off if she's already healing something herself is an exercise in futility. It'll work most of the time, but never when you actually need her to heal the tank *now*.

It's the worst.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
No. Allegedly they have some restrictions, but I've yet to see anyone confirm not being able to transfer at whatever time.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Popehoist posted:

It's a massive pain to do them back-to-back though. When you're trying to get both the 2nd and 3rd eos skills off in preperation for huge raidwide damage and she decides to insert an embrace between them it'd maddening.

Yeah, doing this with eos is absolutely terrible. Also one of the reasons I just use selene.

"Hey guys, eos has these really cool buffs you can use to mitigate raid wide damage!" *takes 15 seconds for all the poo poo to go through, everyone's dead*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Vahalla posted:

Still kinda low though.

Dunno how bards work, but possibly due to saving resources/cooldowns for the adds? I know I can drain my MP real fast if I just dump highest potency attacks on everything as a SCH/SMN.

• Locked thread