Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Gammatron 64 posted:

I think some GoT grimdark might be a welcome change of pace, because in 2.0, it seems pretty black and white. The Empire is bad, the primals are bad, the Scions and the allied nations are good, you gotta stop the Empire and primals but first you must deliver coffee to these guys then collect 10 bear asses.

"the allied nations are good" is a huge stretch. Gridania is xenophobic to the point where people will be denied medical care - in a forest full of herbs and conjurers - because they broke some esoteric elemental law. Ul'dah is a capitalist dystopia that is constantly on the verge of collapsing every single patch, and Limsa Lominsa is like five minutes from being an expansionist empire on its own - don't forget that the reason the kobolds summoned Titan is the admiral went back on her word and starting taking their land and materials.

They aren't forces of good. They're countries. The Scions are the only ones who at the end of the day really give a poo poo about Eorzea first and everything else second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The Gridania thing is in a sidequest where you're trying to help this dying woman but get told "tough poo poo" because she broke a branch without permission or some dumb forest hippie bull. The Limsa Lominsa expansion thing comes up in the main quest but Merlwyb quickly changes the subject every time someone mentions it and Titan is really more of a pressing issue.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Captain Oblivious posted:

Gridanias xenophobia also comes up in the MSQ when they refuse to help some sick Ala Mhigans because they broke some law of the elementals they couldn't have known about.

I think we're talking about the same thing and I forgot it was MSQ and not a side quest

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

complaining about gated content on a game this focused on story is like complaining that you can't skip to the end boss of a JRPG just because you grinded to 99 in the starting area

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Magil Zeal posted:

That's fair, but we do have the summons as pets in this game, and a lot of the summoner arsenal is independent of any thematic connection to our summons. Dreadwyrm Trance into Deathflare is good, but I'm still a bit weirded out they basically left egis alone completely.

it's because the current egis are already melee dps/ranged dps/tank

egi glamours are allegedly on the way though

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I had multiple runs last night while leveling summoner where the dark knight refused to use darkside on anything but bosses and even then only barely

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Tenzarin posted:

I don't think you understand, they played all the content to learn things. You are in the wrong if I'm following the logic of this game.

bad players are going to be bad players stop trying to make this about your weird gated content anger

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
please stop unironically using "politically correct" and talk about FFXIV instead

please

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Thumbtacks posted:

So I just killed Bismarck, and uh.

:wtc:

yeah things escalate kind of quickly

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's a less fun Leviathan! That's all it is!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Robo Reagan posted:

Goons are probably salivating to do a level 60 relich-ish train

predicting an all warrior plus the relic needer and two healers train

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Verranicus posted:

Something like, once you do a follower mission from your garrison that rewards gold, if you try to do that same mission again even on another character the rewards are heavily nerfed. So those crazies with 10 level 100s all pumping out garrison poo poo all day got hit hard. And if you think it was anything but Blizzards way of making the token harder to get you're naive as gently caress.

yeah I'm sure that's the only possible reason to nerf something that could destroy a game's economy yep

you do realize the time tokens still have to be bought with real money by somebody right

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
holy gently caress those fists

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Damnit I need to concentrate and finish the MSQ but I got a wild hair to level monk and oh man two greased lightnings feel great I want to know how fast 3 is

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Wow!

those mch buffs are super underwhelming!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Ignimbrite posted:

That's, uh, looking like a lot of Alex 4 runs

try not to get shafted on your rolls

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
it's bullshit how good the starting female au ra outfit looks

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

FFXI fans are fundamentally broken inside

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
spider-man: maximum tanaka was my favorite SNES game

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

quote:

By the way, if you go and talk to a certain NPC in the Ixal beast tribe quest area after clearing this, their dialogue will change.

jesus christ you guys

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Daniel posted:

It's the airship in sea of clouds.

FFIV raid set incoming

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Thumbtacks posted:

What's he talking about?

apparently the ixal have new dialogue after you go to azys lia

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Nah it's gotta be kefka. They already have shown an emperor gesthal minion and we have the warring triad bottled up by the allagans.

yeah but he said the hint is in something he said earlier, which means that mystery airship, which looks a lot like the FFIV remake version of the Lunar Whale

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

hobbesmaster posted:

I look forward to the futurama macros.

three parties of nothing but dragoons for dps

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Mr. Nice! posted:

That's main story stuff, though. They already showed the warrior of darkness on the moon in game with ascians.

I'm just going off of what the dude said, man

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

KaneTW posted:

that's the naga, not lamia. they're not synonyms in this game.

snakes for the clarification

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
why would you need to watch a video for ifrit extreme of all things

yes there are fights with complicated mechanics that work better presented visually but they're not ifrit extreme

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Took about a week off to avoid burnout someone quickly summarize the last thousand posts thanks

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Alexander boss theme lyric video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7LiDzSBvaM

in case you were wondering why you couldn't figure out the lyrics, it's because it's goblinspeak

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
holy poo poo you giant babies

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
people can and should play however they want but if you're actively bragging about not reading the story in a Final Fantasy game while playing a Final Fantasy game you're some kind of rear end in a top hat

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
did anyone else tear up from the dev room stuff or am I just a giant emotional baby

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Oh right, Poetic's Law.

MotherFUCKER

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
just wanna say that krile turning out to be a lalalfell is funny and kojifox is probably slapping his forehead for that now

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
goddamn the design in void ark is awesome. kind of reminds me of some of the FFVI dungeons meets the crashed ship from Alien

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I have never understood or cared about materia

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
that was probably the warrior of darkness at the end speaking, right?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm so out of the loop. What are exploratory missions?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Boten Anna posted:

There was just a Live Letter and patch preview video posted that is being discussed.

Patch video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJXDegut2Yg

Live Letter Summary: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/267788-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-XXV-Q-A-Update-Thread

can we go camping in the woods?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
If I can stop using a VPN to play Ninja I will be overjoyed

• Locked thread