Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lizard Wizard posted:

Well, this is profoundly odd. Just set up my laptop so I could play FF14 while watching TV and such, and for some reason I can't install it, despite being on the exact same network. Any advice?

You are going to need to provide about 50x more information than that for anyone here to reasonably help you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Three friends and I queued up for a dungeon roulette last night to shake off some of the rust after a year+ away from the game.

We immediately got Sastasha.

The more things change...

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Blockhouse posted:

I need someone to explain both red mage and samurai to me like I'm an idiot honestly

Red Mage for dummies: Cast Jolt/Stone/Fire then immediately dualcast Thunder or Aero, based on which mana type is lower, until you hit 80/80, dash in, poke the target full of holes with your magic-enhanced fencing, blow your load on Holy/Flare, leap backwards, repeat.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Blockhouse posted:

So just never throw out a raw Veraero or Verthunder

You may want to hardcast Aero/Thunder on the initial countdown, and there's the option of Swiftcast-Aero-Thunder. The damage gain for doing so is marginal, admittedly.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I think if you swiftcast something you don't get dualcast off it? I'm not 100% sure but I remember seeing that in a video somewhere, there has to be a castbar to proc dualcast.

Oh, makes sense.

Man, I can't wait for Stormblood release. I came back almost entirely because of Red Mage coming out (and the Paladin rework). I've loved them since doing a Red Mage SCC run in FF5 years and years ago.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Returner's Bounty doesn't seem like that much of a boost, though I guess it's nice for leveling up spare classes.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I want a Chemist healer. Mix abilities together to create combo potions.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Countblanc posted:

Red Mage LB3 called "Vermillion Scourge". cool name, sad it isn't Meltdown though

What, not Verscourge?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Looking over the new abilities et al, it feels like Red Mage has way fewer buttons than other jobs. Even Samurai has a good pile of them.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

White Mage tooltips: https://imgur.com/gallery/5RYol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Two hours to the job notes, right?

• Locked thread