Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Did the lodestone go down again already?

That's not a good sign...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

There has never been an MMO launch that has not been a flaming pile of dogshit, and it looks like today will be no exception!

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

staplegun posted:

Do you think the servers would calming down later today or should I just make every effort to not log off, lest I return to lobby hell? I haven't played through the 2.0 launch so I have no idea what to expect here.

If you managed to get on, literally never log off for about the next week.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

I like how they say "under investigation" like they don't know what's up.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Thumbtacks posted:

Hey i'm in a queue now

Well let me tell you where that queue goes.

Hint: it's not a magical world called Eorzea.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

What does that even mean?

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Fridurmus posted:

Yeah, I was under the impression that was the standard behavior for the game servers so... what're they saying here?

I think they're just saying things to be communicative at this point. There's nothing you can really do after the fact to fix this kind of problem, so you just have to make it look like you're doing something while the massive rush peters out naturally over time.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Gearhead posted:

I two-shot Ravana HM last night with a group of randoms. It was actually really chill, though it was a Party Finder group instead of Duty Finder. So everyone going in already knew we didn't really know what to expect.

First time we didn't get his adds fast enough and got Deathblowed. The team reaction was '...That was actually worth it, that was cool looking!' and proceeded to kick his rear end. (Even with the Ninja getting punted off the platform.)

Ravana is a very visually complex fight that is actually super easy. 90% of it is just don't stand in bad, don't stand in front of holes in the wall, and kill adds. He does have a rotating immunity shield that positional melee need to understand, but otherwise it's just deal damage and heal damage, albeit a lot of it.

It is an incredibly rad fight to watch though!

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

I guess we'll get to see how good Yoshi and his team are at balancing now, because this poo poo with classes happens with literally every major MMO expansion/update ever. It took like 3 expansions for Blizzard to make Paladins not poo poo and then they ended up loving them up again anyway.

VanillaGorilla fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Jun 22, 2015

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Reiterpallasch posted:

Haha nope I logged back in and did some trials at a smooth 60 fps at 1440p maximum. Best guess is that it was thrashing on disk or something last night.

It's some kind of bug, I ran into the same thing (also with a 1070). Switching to full screen, then back to borderless fixed it for me. Jumped up to a locked 60 on maximum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Any tips for leveling a second class? I'm coming back to the game after being away for a while. I have a 60 NIN, but don't really feel like DPSing any more. I've been working on switching over to WHM, but leveling the second class up (currently 31 CNJ, 7 Arcanist) is......less fun than leveling originally.

Is it pretty much just grinding through dungeons and hunt logs? It kind of amazes me that they haven't sped this process up a bit. I get that there's already an armory bonus, but it still feels really slow, and part of the game's appeal is supposed to be the free-flowing class system.

• Locked thread