Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
But how much does a MSQ give? Higher experience numbers is meaningless without context for how much experience you gain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

If you're in the UK, you're on BST and not GMT. Though for example http://www.whattimeisit.com/ seems to call that GMT still.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

You don't have your Heavensward code yet. That's just your preorder code. They haven't sent out the final codes. Preorder codes are valid for playing with until like the 27th too.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Countblanc posted:

Are you sure? The email lists two codes, one of which is listed as a preorder and the other as a "game activation code".

Maybe they sent you a different email than everyone else. The only people who have Heavensward circles are Steam people as far as I know. Everyone else is waiting until release day for their codes. My GMG order email only has one code and that seems to be the norm.

Early Access Details:

quote:

Early access will end on Saturday, June 27, 2015 at 12:01 a.m. in the time zone for the registered account’s region. Please register the full registration code/promotion code for FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward before this time to continue playing after the Early Access period.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jun 22, 2015

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yes, it applies to any job lower than your highest level job that is also lower than 50.
Any job lower than your highest level job that is 50-59 gets 50%.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

It's better optimized, so you could probably get roughly the same framerate while looking better. It's pretty trivial to swap back and forth between them, so just try it out/run the benchmark.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Probably changing phones/tablets and forgot to migrate it over. Or maybe just lost it I guess.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yeah don't use their text chat. It's completely useless right now. This has happened to everyone I've seen use it. They wait for hours only to be told there's no one there.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

onesixtwo posted:

plus getting 50 first will give you more experience on your THM.

No it won't. You just extra experience for doing classes that are not your highest level one. There's no level requirements.

And you don't need swiftcast, but it is convenient.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Gammatron 64 posted:

I think they should just throw out classes entirely and be like "okay, Gladiator is just Paladin from level 1 now, Lancer is now Dragoon" and so on. And let the jobs use the cross-class skills like classes used to have so you get the best of both worlds. Stuff like Pugilist and Monk being separate things but also not is just clunky and dumb and I'd like it to go away forever.

This is basically what they'd like to do. But the class system is entwined with so much poo poo, it's a nightmare of hacks to get it working as well as it does now. So they can't really justify the manpower... but someday maybe.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Please use tanking gear on your right side.

So strength then.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Most games keep their settings in your Documents folder, which is by default on the C drive yeah 🙁 If all you lost of importance was FF14 I'd count yourself lucky! Next time just make sure you backup your Documents, Photos, Videos, etc folders too.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Brainamp posted:

Hey Scholar peeps. When if ever should I be using Selene?

Primarily when you need the dispel in my experience. But I'm only 51. There's a range where she has a dispel and you don't too which can help some, though it does have a long cooldown.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Re: Selene vs Eos. What you guys are saying is what I remember from last time I played, looking up guides after I came back made me think Eos was the default now. Guess I should have just asked here/in guild. Though the AE healing did come in handy in Keeper of the Lake at least. Likely switching to Astrologian anyways, so probably won't matter in the long run but good to know! So thanks for the correction.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

RIFT has a mage tank class that uses their pet to tank [Edit] Actually I guess I misremembered, they just straight up tank it looks like.[/Edit] Dunno about ranged tank, wouldn't surprise me.
DDO lets pretty much any class tank, though that may be less true in the new Reaper difficulty (they've increasingly been making the top end content more trinity like, unlike 99.99% of the rest of the game).

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Mar 7, 2017

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Never in my experience, maybe when Heavensward launched, but not on a normal random day.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Queue times will never be great as DPS. There is always an overabundance of DPS queuing for any given thing in any game really.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Silvergun1000 posted:

Cool, thank you for the answers! Now I just need to figure out how to get my security token removed since apparently my OTP app decided to lose all its settings since I last played!

Yeah their app is not great about this. There is an emergency removal password given when you set it up and I recommend putting that in your password vault notes for FF14 so you'll have easy access to it if that happens again.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Because there are places where you'd be killed for looking like a Red Mage. It pays to blend in with the locals at times.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Shadow Priests used to :argh:

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Failboattootoot posted:

This and the changes to dungeons really makes me wonder what the gently caress they are even doing.

What are they changing about dungeons? Quick googling and I don't see anything specific offhand.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

More importantly just copy the folder over.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Just follow the story quests. They have a meteor icon. Once you hit 15ish and unlock the first dungeon, if you try and run your daily dungeon roulette that's worth a ton of experience, you should easily keep pace with if not outlevel the story. You can use PotD to fill, but it's mostly better for secondary+ jobs when you don't have access to the Main Story Quests (MSQ) for gear/massive experience. You shouldn't have any trouble keeping your main class geared up just from the MSQ + incidental dungeon drops.

The story quests themselves are almost all solo. There's even some story instances that force you to be solo (to the bane of those of us duoing) and you'll have to do some dungeons/trials sometime but the dungeon finder makes that trivial to do unless you're a DPS (where there will be a small-moderate wait).

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yeah the Brand-new Robe is the black version and usable by any Disciple of Magic. It's great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JbUQWCxqCA

• Locked thread