Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

This is my male Hyur catgirl!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

SiliconX posted:

Nice it lets you install the expansion now. So what did I download this morning?

The thing that lets people without the expansion see all the dragon ladies running around

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

When you see someone has poo poo DPS just watch their rotation for a while and point out what they are doing wrong without mentioning numbers. If they are that bad their rotation is going to be very obviously wrong.

This has the added benefit of being helpful information instead of just "Do better dps"

Jose Valasquez fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jul 14, 2015

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I think I must be the only person who didn't realize there was a teleport menu at first. I only teleported by map clicking for a while.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

ApplesandOranges posted:

The room screenshots make me sad that I have neither the funds to buy one (I'm not really a crafter) nor do they ever open up.

Should I just cave and buy a private chamber?

Those were pictures of private rooms in the fc house, not of private houses. So yes, if you liked those pictures you should buy one

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I'm going to buy my eso belt first just to piss off the weapons first and glamours first crowds.
:dealwithit:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Playing a human in a fantasy RPG is like going to an ice cream store and ordering plain vanilla.

(I have done this, but I recognize how loving boring I am)

As someone who plays a human I agree that it is just like ordering the best flavor at the ice cream shop

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

DarkHamsterlord posted:

The most surefire way to see if someone's a bot is to say "are you a bot" in party chat and if they're not a bot they'll probably answer to avoid being vote kicked for being a bot.

That's why my bots are programmed to respond no to that :smugdog:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

EponymousMrYar posted:

Alexander content does count for the Tankless Job stuff. Maybe not the 2nd one (since it's kinda turn 3 all over again) but all the rest go to that achievement.
You're confusing turn 3 with turn 4. Turn 3 was the weird maze thing, turn 4 was the waves of enemies that is similar to A2

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

hobbesmaster posted:

You don't have enough space for rings actually. :argh:

2x Fending, Healing, Slaying, Aiming
2x Gathering, 2x Crafting

12 rings, 16 slots :confused:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Verranicus posted:

Is gathering in a diadem pug reportable? I wanna do it but I'd hate to risk my account.

Why would it be?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Edit: Wrong thread

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Fister Roboto posted:

I'd go so far as to say that if you don't care about the story then this might not the game for you, regretfully.

I wouldn't go that far, I don't really care that much about the story but all the dungeons and stuff are fun. But everything is locked behind the story so you've got to go through it either way.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

frank.club posted:

Hey so apparently a code of heavensward from amazon doesn't work with a steam copy, I've tried the mogstation, and google tells me I messed up. If anyone knows anything let me know. If there's no way to fix it and you want it send me a pm!

There's no way to fix it

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

At level 22 you've really only got a few moves to worry about, it shouldn't be hard to pick back up where you left off

Your rotation is gonna be something like Touch of Death->Bootshine->True Strike->Snap Punch->Bootshine->Twin Snakes->Snap Punch->Continue from first Bootshine and reapply ToD whenever it falls off

Use Internal Release when it is up. Use Second Wind if you're getting low on HP.

Bootshine and True Strike need to be from back, True Strike and Snap Punch from the side.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

More difficult maybe but it seems self-evidently much less fiddly to me. The process for going going from DPS to healing becomes "wait a few seconds", instead of "press this button, make sure you pressed it late enough it actually went off, and make sure you didn't mash it like you do with every other button in the game, and if you screw this up it takes 5 seconds to try again."

Luckily SE probably won't try to cater to the people for whom "Press this button before you want to DPS and press it again before you want to heal, but don't try to switch too fast" is too complicated.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Reiterpallasch posted:

Also, in any single healer content you'd rather be a white mage, solely on the strength of Holy and Divine Seal.

I'd still rather be a scholar so I don't have to bother healing

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I hope samurai is a melee healer

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Steam is still it's own separate thing, right?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I wish there was a way to mark spoilers in a post so that people who care about avoiding spoilers could not read them and people who don't care could read them.

• Locked thread