Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Belzac posted:

No, the EN team made the mistake. They changed the name of a monster cause it was too close to Titan and ask the JP team if that was ok. Then months later the JP team used the name they changed to for another monster. The correct thing would have been to translate the name correctly even if it was close to Titan. Now we have a completely made up name that isn't a reference to FF at all.

Jesus christ who cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Thyrork posted:

Alright, hit 60, lets talk hunts to someone whos new, and to extent "Daily & weekly stuff to do in FFXIV.", I'm having a hard time with it and want to lay down what i understand so far:

Daily roulettes, do them.

Two hunt boards, one in the GC of choice (so Ul'dah in my case), one in Foundation. The one in GC town is only good for its weekly, were as the foundation one is good for both. These will reward you Centurio Seals, which you want, as its needed for stuff at 60. E: Is the old elite mark from GC soloable as a dragoon with a healbird?

There are also monsters that come in three ranks, B, A, and S, that also reset daily (?) and need to be killed for reasons. Why?

I know there used to be the beast tribe dailies too, but they seem to be out of date.

Alexander's a weekly thing, but needs ilevel 170 first.

If you're a crafter / gatherer, daily turn ins are easy experience points and GC seals for your classes especially HQ turn ins. The beast tribe stuff seems to be useless except for the sweet mounts (none of which can fly, yet...). The Ixali crafting ones are okay for giving experience to crafting classes.

My general thought is do LLDR and MSDR for classes that need experience and do TDR, HLDR and EXDR for law tomes. Then my daily hunts using a site that builds hunt maps.

DGKK is pretty good at announcing when there's an available hunt and forming parties to share responsibility. B-S rank hunts give you a decent amount of seals.

If you all of these, it's probably in the neighborhood of 3-4 hours a day, so prioritize :v:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Is it fair game to call out the other healer if they're just sitting around waiting to heal to say "hey its okay to switch into cleric stance and DPS a bit" because I've been seeing that a lot lately in trials / raids. If it's MP management, it's really not that hard, at least for WHMs with shroud of saints and assize. At least throw some DoTs in.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Forward_Bee posted:

They are the loving worst. When I WHM, I start nearly every encounter (esp. bosses) with a CS-A3-Virus-A2-A1-CS-Divine Seal-Regen opener. Followups usually include throwing down a bubble or even a MedicaI II. Those buffed HoT's, even HoT's in general, definitely give a WHM plenty of wiggle room to throw out DoT's. Hell, even a non-Cleric Stanced Aero is better than nothing, and comes with an instant cast time. From what I've read in the thread thus far, not putting out some effort toward DPS is even more aggregious for SCH's, since they are based fully on DoT's.

Note: Spending the past 10-15 seconds of a fight throwing out Presence of Mind, Cleric'ed Stone III's is the best.

Edit: My note was wrong. The best thing is out-DPS'ing pubbie players in the Faust fight before A1 proper.

The fight that spawned my question was an A1, at the beginning of the fight the damage isn't that bad but here's this fully law'd out gear WHM just staring and casting cure when the tank gets to 70% health. I said "hey you know how to DPS right?" And the healer didn't respond. Made me feel like it was a bot. We ended up wiping, the healer dropped and we got a SCH that actually knew a thing or two.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Anasurimbur posted:

As a 51 White Mage, I would love / could use any tips that anyone wants to give. I tend to try to DPS when I notice damage isn't being kick out a lot.

I realize I'm in super easy places right now and doing old content. Still; learning now will help me in the future.

What I tend to do is be in cleric stance before a pull, mainly so I can switch it off at any point, since turning it on has a 5 second cooldown to turn it off. I start with Aero 2 > Aero (you'll start with Aero 3 once you unlock it since it has a 24 second DoT) to get my DoT going, then Stone 2/3 until the tank is starting to get around 60-50%, drop Cleric Stance and start healing. Once the tank is in a reliable place and the mobs aren't huge, I'll throw a regen on him, then go back into CS, and apply any DoTs that have worn off and then back to my Stone spells. Using divine seal before any HoT spells (Medica 2 and Regen) will increase the amount of healing regenerated, and divine seal only has a 1 minute cooldown. Combine Medica 2, Regen, and Asylum (which you'll unlock) and your tank should have plenty of HoT for you to DPS for awhile until those wear off.

If you switch into CS and things immediately go haywire to where you can't wait 5 seconds for the cooldown to be done, stoneskin is unaffected by mind / intelligence and you can cast that to allow the tank some breathing room to turn off CS and start healing.

One thing I haven't figured out with the new rotation is if Aero is still worth casting over Stone 3, since Stone 3's potency is higher than that of a full Aero, but Aero has instant cast, which can be beneficial in some cases.

edit: it should go without saying, but never cast your HoTs before a pull since that will generate enmity and make the mobs come after you. If a HoT hasn't dissipated since the last encounter, stick close to your tank so they can use flash / whatever AoE enmity generating tool to pull them off of you.

edit 2: to echo the previous poster, swiftcast is great, and not just for raise. I use it for medica 2 all the time because I'd rather have people stay alive than have to revive them :v: (also to avoid the MP hit from Raise)

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jul 20, 2015

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Tarranon posted:

people are still doing bismarck all the time tho

I've attempted Bismarck EX three times with goon groups and have yet to pass it :smith:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

SirPhoebos posted:

I watched the Youtube vid of the story-Ravana fight. Has there been much trouble with clearing that?

Six things you only really need to know for Ravana:

1) Have a wall behind you because his unavoidable AoE has knockback and will hit you off the cliff if there's no wall to catch you
2) Unless you're the tank, don't stand in front of the guy
3) His AoEs are pretty predictable and easy to avoid, they will have two steps, generally with either a get to the middle or get to the edges phase
4) Kill the butterflies ASAP when they show up
5) If you get targeted with his crossed blue sword attack, spread out from the other people targeted
6) Turn up the volume and enjoy the ridiculously great music

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

quote:

FATEs
[2.0][3.0] FATEs have been adjusted as follows:
The level sync of FATEs in the areas surrounding Ishgard has been increased from three levels higher than the recommended level to four levels higher.

Experience awarded by FATEs in the areas surrounding Ishgard has been increased by 50%.

The difficulty of FATEs based on the previous number of participants has been adjusted. In the event a significant amount of time is required to complete a FATE, or players fail to complete it, the strength of enemies will be reduced when the FATE next appears.

Thank god, I was about to lose it over all the time spent in Nthan.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Somebody did a very nice video guide for Final Liberation using SNES-era sprites, for those of you who have yet to beat BugdadEX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJeAXiC1IGE

Don't care too much about the guide, but I certainly love the 16-bit Ravana music :allears:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Mordiceius posted:

I'm SO tempted to pay for 2 extra retainers so I can have a combat, a miner, a botanist, and a fisher. Someone convince me not to.

Do you value money? If not, go hog wild.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
My go-to GC buy if I'm about to cap is Moonstones, since I can sell em for 1200 gil.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

sword_man.gif posted:

what a waste

buy coke, or potash and market board that since you need a bunch of coke for airships

Oh really? drat, I'll start going with that now. DGKK's company chest is full of coke so I assumed demand wasn't big for it :v:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

sword_man.gif posted:

dgkk is a big guild, garlond steel and darksteel ingots are both used in a bunch of airship parts and take 9 coke per

obviously make sure to check this applies to your server

for ref on sargatanas tho you can get 20 coke and sell them on the mb for ~500gil/ea for 4000 seals as opposed to one moonstone for 4000 seals and vendoring it for 1.2k, it's nearly 10x as much money for the same amount of seals

I'll have to see what the going rate for coke is on Excal when I get home, but I remember last time I checked GC items on the MB, they weren't priced too well. I may have not looked at coke, though.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm about to hit level 50 on a few of my crafting jobs (finally :toot:). For gear - what's the best route to go? I see there's the artisan sets for both ilvl 60 and 70; 60 I can craft, 70 requires some trading, but the 60 set has materia slots. Should I get those, or should I just wait for better gear in HW?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

El Cid posted:

Or if you're lazy you can just burn through a few leves in Foundation by buying the turn-in items from the nearby vendors. It only took 30 minutes and a few hundred thousand gil to get the first 3 levels in weaver.

I'm only sitting on around 700k gil, so I try to be a little... frugal with my spending :downs:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Vil posted:

Make intermediate materials and sell them to other, richer crafters at a reasonable markup and in quantities that they'd actually want.

Fair enough. I can generally make HQ cobalt ingots with relative ease. I've also found that making a stack of HQ food tends to sell well... I just don't have a botanist / fisherman so I'm always buying the ingredients off the MB :v:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Is leveling BTN / FSH as much of a slog as leveling up MIN? I only force myself to level that up because my retainer is a miner and he keeps catching up to me.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Tensokuu posted:

What was the old crafting guide? Everything to 15, then something something something? I thought it was in the OP but apparently not.

I've got no plans to play the stupid crafting endgame but I feel like leveling the crafting stuff up a bit right now for some grand company seals (as I just swapped to the best grand company fixing a mistake I made as a noob).

Use this site: http://www.ffxivguild.com/ffxiv-cul-culinarian-leveling-guide-ffxivarr/ (this is the CUL example, you can easily find the other ones there too)

Essentially, buy the list of items they suggest, then use a company manual, and start craftin' like crazy. The company manuals will get you to 15 pretty fast.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

kirbysuperstar posted:

http://seventhumbral.org/

Also stat sticks on casters/healers is always a bad idea. Hm yes got this cool rod strapped to my back but I'll just cast everything by lazily touching my temple, that's fine.

I... kind of want to play this, to see how truly awful it was.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Dr Pepper posted:

Sounds like she's playing the game right. :colbert:

:agreed:

Amazing glamours is the end game here.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I've probably gotten rid of gear on gearsets more than I'd like to admit accidentally (usually through materia conversion).

Is there a setting to turn on a warning that says "hey this is in a gearset, sure you wanna do this?" cause that'd sure be swell.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Poultron posted:

Quoting this for a new page since it probably got lost. Please assist

I asked this question many many pages back, and the answer I got was to level to 51 (GC turn ins will be your friend) and then buy the Archaeoskin gear from HW vendor(s) to start because the Artisan's set is way too much of a grind when it will be shortly outclassed in a few levels. Most of the left side gear is upgradeable at 51.

Also, it looks like FFXIV Crafting got updated with 50-60 gear too: http://ffxivcrafting.com/gear just hope you get on when it doesn't time out :v:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Poultron posted:

Well this helps with the gear but what about rotations/etc?

I knew FFXIV Crafting had gotten updated but didn't know he finished the Gear too. Nice!

These are a few for really high end stuff:

http://www.ffxivguild.com/ffxiv-end-game-crafting-rotations-master-star/

Mordiceius posted:

Maybe I just have the wrong opinion when it comes to specializations, but they just leave a bad taste in my mouth. One of the things that I always found exciting about the game was the idea that you could pursue each class equally and yes, you could do everything. Specializations seem like a step back and I don't like it.

I thought the point of specializations was to get rid of having to level up everything, and really it doesn't seem to help that. It just makes it so that you only can HQ high level stuff with a specialization while the rest of your classes were screwed.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Harlock posted:

Is there a laid back social linkshell on Excal I can join to watch people chat at occasionally so I don't feel utterly alone playing the game? PBC and the other LS in the op seem more serious oriented.

Join DGKK. Half of our conversations are finding funny names in game followed by {Found it!} Or talking about who our favorite Roe NPC is (the answer is always Hoary Boulder).

Our airships are sending us all to hell though.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Volt Catfish posted:

Does this game actually have any FF9 references yet? Throw a Tantalus in there somewhere if not, it's not hard.

Someone :spergin: has collected all references to every game!

(1.0) The server Lindblum referred to the regency of the same name.
(1.0) One guildleve objective was to retrieve the cargo of an airship named Red Rose. Red Rose is Queen Brahne's airship in Final Fantasy IX.
(1.0) An NPC in the Miner quests mistakenly called players by the wrong name, calling a Miqo'te "Quina", the playable character from Final Fantasy IX.
The Moogle Mail system is similar to the Mognet in Final Fantasy IX.
In Aleport, Western La Noscea, there is a winged mermaid statue close to identical to the one serving as the figurehead of the Prima Vista of the Tantalus Theater Troupe in Final Fantasy IX.
The Majestic Mogtome item, when unsheathed, is opened to reveal a pop-up moogle with a quill at the top, resembling the Save Moogles of Final Fantasy IX when viewed from the outside of the book.
(2.5) There's a Triple Triad card named "Zidane Tribal."

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XIV/Allusions

9 has the least amount of references, for sure.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I noticed that the list was missing my favorite reference so I actually went and edited it in:

quote:

Wham!

The quest to unlock The Navel (Extreme) is called "Quake Me Up Before You O'Ghomoro," a reference to the song "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go."

How could anyone miss that? :colbert:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
What's the best way to get clusers these days? I got a miner at 49 (almost 50) and I see the silly timing on Mor Dhona nodes. Does it get better when I get up to 60?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
What's the best way to get field and battlecraft demimateria? I see the master's books cost 5 of each. Is it just a good idea to create / buy a bunch of items that desynth into them and then hope for the best? Like I see the brass ring of crafting gives you fieldcraft, and the silver ring does for battlecraft.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Boten Anna posted:

I got a bunch of FC3s desynthing bridesmaid sandals while poopsocksing LTW desynth last night but they sold for roughly about as much as it cost to purchase enough sandals to cover the droprate of FC3s so basically the marketboard is always an option.

I only want the FC1s / BC1s to get the masterbooks, mainly for :sparkles: glamors :sparkles: because pretty much everything else made with higher stuff is easily outclassed by HW gear at this point.

Looks like I'll be quick synthing a lot of stuff tonight!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Most PLDs are scared to use Clemency (or uninterested in doing so), or should do a better job communicating it with the healer. Build some rapport with your healers and you can get a good thing going between them.

Honestly, I think all three tank classes are in a pretty good spot right now. PLDs are probably the weakest of the class right now, but by such a small margin.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

nuru posted:

We might get a buff to them tonight at least.

Speaking of which, anyone know what the hotfix is doing tonight? It's starting 2 hours earlier than usual so they must have something big planned.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Boten Anna posted:

Based off of the dev tracker and such, there's a bunch of little things to be fixed (fixing the Vengance popup text from the Vengance fix) and they'll probably add a way to buy more than 1 thing at once from stories that don't use gil as their currency, a welcome change for those of us who have ever bought 200+ coke for glorious airship enrichment. I haven't done scrip gathering/crafting but apparently you have to buy a trillion rowena's tokens manually so that also sounds welcome.

As such I expect it to be that and maybe another unexpected quality of life change or two, as that's what they tend to do with these kinds of patches.

As someone who uses my GC seals to buy coke to sell on the MB for 700 a pop, this is a welcome deal. Though people probably avoid buying it from GCs because of that annoyance so the prices on the MB are gonna tank :smith:

Honestly, buying 1 item at a time is a throwback to Final Fantasy 1 days where you had to use a turbo controller to stock up on 99 heal potions. Tanaka would never allow this!!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I guess that explains the chicken I've played with folks that won't roll on final boss drops or leave the instance.

The worst is when someone disconnects after killing the boss and can't roll, so you have to wait the 300 seconds to get your items :saddowns:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
So really, it looks like all the modifications from this hotfix were to blue / red scrips being increased, a modification in item drops for maps, and not being able to access DF immediately after if you got votekicked from a duty. The rest of the patch is all fixing bugs (to which there were a lot, none that I've ever seen the impact, though).

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

hobbesmaster posted:

Someone has never played a BLM then.

I got THM to 26 for swiftcast and then abandoned the class immediately :colbert:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

pandaK posted:

Can anyone quote or pastebin the patch notes? I can't see the SE site on my phone

The following adjustments have been made:

Hit detection when attacking an enemy while level synced has been adjusted.
Items that can be obtained from treasure coffers appearing in archaeoskin, wyvernskin, and dragonskin treasure maps have been adjusted.
The following items can now be traded in multiple numbers at once to the Idyllshire NPC “scrip exchange”:
 Rowena’s token (red crafters’ scrip) / Rowena’s token (red gatherers’ scrip) / Rowena’s token (blue gatherers’ scrip)
The number of red gatherers’ scrips, red crafters’ scrips and blue crafters’ scrips that can be obtained as rewards from the NPC “scrip exchange” in Idyllshire and Revenant's Toll have been increased.
The Duty Finder has been adjusted so that players who have been vote-dismissed are not immediately available as candidates for joining a party.
Certain Worlds will no longer go down, even during congested periods such as right after a maintenance.
 * During congestion, Worlds will no longer go down, but the character selection screen may not display.
The following item name has been changed:
 - Serpentskin Belt of Gathering → Dragonskin Belt of Gathering

The following issues have been addressed:

An issue in “Alexander – The Cuff of the Father (Savage)” wherein players would sometimes be able to complete the duty without meeting all requirements under certain conditions.
An issue in “Alexander – The Arm of the Father (Savage)” wherein certain objects would clip into the floor.
An issue in “Alexander – The Arm of the Father (Savage)” wherein monsters would only auto-attack under certain conditions.
An issue in “Alexander – The Burden of the Father (Savage)” wherein the accuracy of physical attacks would change under certain conditions.
An issue in “The Vault” wherein the game client could crash when defeating a boss under certain conditions.
An issue in “The Dusk Vigil” wherein the game client could crash occasionally when exiting the dungeon through the timer running out. (PlayStation®4 version only)
An issue wherein Dravanian Wyverns in the Dravanian Forelands would not drop Wyvern Skins.
An issue wherein the machinist action “Rapid Fire” would not apply its effect properly while under the effect of “Gauss Barrel”.
An issue wherein casting the black mage action “Fire III” immediately after receiving the “Firestarter” effect would result in an uninterruptable cast instead of an instant cast.
An issue wherein using the astrologian card “The Ewer” on a dark knight with the “Darkside” status would not display the correct message.
An issue with the fisher action “Collector’s Glove” wherein catching a fish as a collectable uses up two pieces of bait.
An issue wherein the carpenter recipe for the “Sun Mica Grinding Wheel” listed an incorrect amount of Fieldcraft Demimateria III needed to craft it.
An issue with the quest “From the Hoplon to the Brume” wherein the materia melding screen would display incorrect information when attempting to meld the rewarded materia immediately.
An issue wherein dyeing quest reward items and then turning them in to complete other quests would not display the dye information correctly.
An issue wherein it was possible to occasionally submit items past the limit with material supplying for the Company Workshop.
An issue wherein the client would sometimes crash when interacting with legendary gathering nodes.
An issue wherein the game would become unresponsive when gathering collectables.
An issue wherein the player would not be able to synthesize until after re-logging if they stopped synthesis under certain conditions.
An issue wherein the weekly cap for Red Gatherers’ Scrips would not reset properly under certain conditions.
An issue wherein purchasing high quality items in a specific way from the Idyllshire NPC “Splendor Vendor” would display as if the player purchased normal quality items.
An issue with the Idyllshire NPC “Sabina” wherein the accessories under the Gordian Parts Exchange menus would not be in the correct order.
An issue with the Fish Guide wherein the prime locations for the following fish were incorrect.
 Illuminati Perch / Hinterlands Perch
An issue wherein opening the Party Finder widget would sometimes close the game under certain conditions.
An issue with exploratory voyages wherein the amount of time lapsed for the previous voyage would sometimes not display correctly.
An issue wherein assigning the following keys to the hotbar would cause the key name to not appear correctly on the hotbar:
 Insert / Print Screen / Scroll Lock / Pause
An issue wherein the game client may crash or cause the game to become unresponsive when logging in. (PlayStation®4 only)
An issue wherein the game could become unresponsive when performing emotes. (PlayStation®4 only)
An issue wherein equipping “Hempen Camise” together with the following equipment as a female Elezen would cause certain graphics to not appear correctly:
 Antiquated Caller’s Armlets / Caller’s Armlets
 Antiquated Aoidos’ Shoulder Gloves / Aoidos’ Shoulder Gloves
An issue wherein equipping both the “Asuran Dogi of Aiming” and “Orthodox Wristgloves of Aiming” would cause certain graphics to not appear correctly.
An issue wherein shadows for certain housing interior furnishings did not display correctly.
An issue wherein unnecessary objects appeared in the sky in the Dravanian Hinterlands.
An issue wherein it was not possible to land correctly while mounted in certain areas in the Dravanian Forelands.
An issue wherein players could become stuck or fall through the map in several Patch 3.0 areas.
An issue wherein the helptext for “Snurbleberry Tart” did not include “EXP Bonus” and “Duration”.
An issue wherein the helptext for “Nameday Cake” contained incorrect food effects.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

effectual posted:

So I spent another 20 bucks so I could actually start playing, what's the best class for a newb? Should I fart around leveling multiple classes at the same time or focus on 1 at a time?

As others mentioned, get 1 class to 30, at which point you'll need to level up another class to 15 to unlock a job. You need a job at level 50 to finish the main story and get to Heavensward content, just so you know.

My personal vote for a class is arcanist since they're the only class that gets two jobs, a DPS job and a healing job. Healers have near instant queues for dungeons, and dungeons are usually the best way to level up.

Also, try to redeem someone's friend code if you can! There's a thread for it in private servers.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Aug 5, 2015

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
From an NPC standpoint, the best characters are Roes and Elezens (Moenbyrda, Harchefaunt, Hoary Boulder, etc) whereas the most evil have been lalafells (the syndicate).

I'm still a bad character that has a name with a cat pun, but still a potato.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Are people still doing 24-man raids? I have yet to finish Syrcus Tower and WoD. Last time I got 8 people to queue up for it, we waited for half an hour and people had to leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm a little sad that DGKK's 3rd ship only marginally follows the naming convention picked out, and with a 4th airship, it would have been perfect, but alas...

• Locked thread