Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Have I missed any story after the conclusion of Baelsar's Wall or whatever that dungeon was called? Debating coming back before Stormblood launches, I haven't kept up in several months and know nearly nothing about what's coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Thanks, I haven't seen that 30-40 minutes but I think I'll hold out until launch. I intend to level RDM first thing anyway (he says knowing full well it'll be a loving shitshow trying to level that first, but oh well)

What do we know so far about how RDM plays, if anything? I only know some info was dropped.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Basically:

You have a mechanic called chainspell where you cast one spell and then the next one has a reduced cast time. You used ranged spells to build up black or white mana and then use special melee attacks using that mana, with the goal being trying to keep black and white roughly equal so you'll have varying rotations.

Sounds like fun. I'm glad they actually made it a melee/magic mix. Can't wait to try it!

(oh god so many fates are in my future)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I actually do want to start playing again but I know I'm just gonna burn out just in time for SB release if I do.

I wonder if RDM is going to come with any starting gear when it's unlocked. I've long since thrown away the vast majority of my leveling gear, and all of my INT gear for sure.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

What are the MCH changes?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Oh jeez those MCH changes sound fantastic. Now I'm not sure whether to play that or level RDM.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Have they said anything about a stat/HP squish for the expansion or similar?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

As far as we can tell, is all of an MCH's DPS in Stormblood still going to be wrapped up in whether or not they get a good Wildfire, or has some of it been shuffled off? I never really liked that aspect of MCH.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Wildfire is only ten seconds now: That should help with squeezing it in and not having bosses transition before it falls off.
Your Heat meter confers additional buffs to your weaponskills when they are between 50-99.
On top of that, 1-2-3 have additional potency baked in.
Overheating by hitting 100 Heat kicks off a 20% buff on top of all that for a short duration, after which you crash.
You have a skill that redlines your turrets that makes those crash after dealing heavy damage.
You have a skill that bleeds off heat to keep you from maxing out prematurely.
There are no cross-class buffs like Raging Strikes or Hawk's Eye or B4B to manage anymore.
Only three ammunition instead of five, now. Ammunition also lowers heat generation.

So, as far as I can tell, most of your game now revolves around managing your heat between 50 and 99, never maxing it out until Wildfire comes off cooldown, then you Overcharge, max the bar, full reload ammo, dump all your oGCDs, redline your turrets, and then crash as Wildfire goes off.

Interesting, thanks. I guess I'll have to try it to see.

From what I've understood reading about RDM though, it still looks like I'm going to play that first on SB release, then play through the story as it. Not 100% sure though. :(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

Interesting, thanks. I guess I'll have to try it to see.

From what I've understood reading about RDM though, it still looks like I'm going to play that first on SB release, then play through the story as it. Not 100% sure though. :(

Actually I just read about the change to Enochian and now I wanna do BLM too aaaaaaaaaa :(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I keep wanting to sit down and play this some then I remember that SB isn't actually out yet. drat it's gonna be a slow couple of weeks.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

If you preordered there's a preorder site that you put that code in and it gives you the mogstation code.

Just in case you didn't already do this.

And as near as I can tell this isn't even the code that actually gives you Stormblood access once the early period ends.

Who the gently caress designed this poo poo?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I wonder what the best way to level RDM out of the gate is going to be, especially considering the armoury bonus being applied 50-60.

I've looked at the changes for other classes and there's still nothing as absolutely appealing as RDM (though the changed BLM does come close--not having to play silly buggers to keep Enochian up sounds great).

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Brainamp posted:

If no new option presents itself, potd like always. Place is gonna be stuffed with the fuckers for a long while.

Bluuuh. I might be willing once or twice but that place feels like a soulless painful grind even moreso than FATEs. At least up to floor 50, never been beyond that.

Oh god it's gonna be 4 DPS teams for the whole time too, isn't it :cry:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Did they ever release a Heavensward OST?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Magil Zeal posted:

The Far Edge of Fate Soundtrack was just released today I believe, for all the 3.x content.

Heavensward OST itself was out quite a while ago.

Well my timing is certainly good then. Did they ever release an OST with music from the latter part of ARR? I vaguely remember the ARR OST missing stuff.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Magil Zeal posted:

Yes, it was also named after the last patch (Before the Fall).

A gentleman and a scholar. :tipshat:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

A disturbing lack of highdudes in these yearbook photos, I gotta fix that tonight

Of course I've spent $absurd on Fantasia over the years so I guess I can't speak for the superiority of a given race :negative:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Lack of Highdudes resolved

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jun 9, 2017

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Finally just got around to leveling PLD to 60. What a big dumb wet fart of a job quest series, christ. (Just like their ARR series.)

Oh well, now I just gotta get WHM from 58 to 60 and I'll be fully complete on combat classes in time for Stormblood. Ready to burn the hell out of myself on PotD in the name of red magery

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

So what is Impact theoretically used for in the RDM rotation?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

It is done.

... until next week :kheldragar:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I picked up BRD again today on a whim, and now I feel like I might play this instead of RDM on launch. I'm having a lot of fun with it.

drat it.:cry:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I kinda wanna fantasia from highdude to lalafell so I at least look more like a caster but they're just so underwhelming to be outside of cutscenes and screenshots :(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Only races I haven't been are Elezen and cats because one's a bunch of cloud sniffers and the other are housepets :colbert:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Do we know any of-

- where RDM start is (I presume SAM is with that new guy with the Scions, can't recall his name)
- If characters in PotD will level to 70 or be stuck at 60 until some point in the future
- if we'll be able to download the patch before Thursday at any point

Guessing dunno, dunno and no but figured I'd post anyway

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

:popeye:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Do we know how long the X Ready states will last for RDM? It seems like every time I cast Verholy or Verflare followed by Verstone or Verfire in the simulator I ended up with a 30 mana imbalance, it would be nice if I could hold the phone on the followup verstone/verfire for a cycle.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Got a 10k Sidewinder on my last Dun Scaith run of the expansion. Feels good man, BRD was great fun, can't wait to see it with mobility brought back.

Or maybe MCH.

After I get disillusioned with RDM, of course. :v:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Lemon King posted:

To Stormblood!

Still the best NPC in the game. I expect great things from him in Stormblood.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Thumbtacks posted:

That potd change SUCKS, drat.

The role actions thing? :confused:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Thumbtacks posted:

oh wait am i misunderstanding what that means

i assumed it meant if you're level 20 outside potd, inside you can only access skills up to level 20, which would mean the 51+ floors are going to be super garbage

am i misunderstanding what role actions are

Completely. Role actions are not class/job actions.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Fister Roboto posted:

It's really cool that people were freaking out about spoilers in an official trailer but now they're just posting poo poo out in the open that nobody is supposed to be seeing yet.

I expected nothing less

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

What did they do for Diadem round 2, anyway? I missed that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Not that it matters anymore, but there were a couple of things I never quite figured out on Diabolos Hollow.

- Does the damage of his Earthshaker vary with distance from center, either of the targeted players or collateral?
- What exactly are you supposed to do for the purple AoE stack indicator with an eyeball in the middle?
- In the Double Edge finale are you actually supposed to stack for the aoe stack indicator attacks? You'd think so but every time I've gone in I've died horribly, without fail.

• Locked thread