Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Tsurupettan posted:

I made a terrible mistake and left Excal a few years ago to play with friends on terrible, dead, backwater servers. I made a fresh character on Excal tonight because I didn't feel like paying $28 to transfer and fantasia my old character (and I guess I can still play with my friends occasionally). If there's any low level people who are doing the story and want to run dungeons together, hit me up! I'm Sam Raimi in game and I'll tank for you.
We meet again, in yet another MMO

I'm working my way through the main story on a scholar, ign is Alexandra Thorne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I don't know your friend obviously but every friend I've ever had who got "wrongfully banned" for RMT in 10 years of MMOing eventually admitted that they were in fact RMTing

including me :v:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

ndub posted:

i bet you have an autoflask macro too you absolute scum
how dare you

I only rmt in games where I would consider getting banned a small act of mercy (e.g., WoW)

Daynab posted:

To be fair I haven't seen his inventory but he was at least saying he was very confused on that part because he said he's always struggling not to be broke and never has more than 2 mil at a time. :v:

Haha, fair enough

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Throne of Bhalz posted:

My raid group just switched to ARR from WoW. I'm the healer.

Right now, I've got WHM, AST, and SCH in the low 40's. The time is coming for me to make a decision. Anyone have valuable input regarding which I should main in anticipation of Stormblood? I've googled the hell out of this question, and I keep coming up with different opinions. The consensus seems to be that SCH is a great off-healer, while WHM or AST can carry main healer duties. I'm also reading (mostly) that AST is slightly favored right now because it can provide sufficient HPS while providing more utility than WHM.

I don't have any particular playstyle preference between any of the healers. They all seem rad.

Astrologian is going to be able to shoot exploding galaxies in Stormblood so I feel like there isn't even really much of a debate anymore

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I don't know any hardcore guys that have issue with it. The opinions I hear are along the lines of:

1 - I can boost an alt to help raiding
2 - I can convince my friends from WoW to get into the end-game and they can't complain about having to go through everything else

personally I expect to be near 60 by the time stormblood hits, but I'm still buying a jump potion just so I can stop subjecting myself to the MSQ

I'm a good person and I don't deserve this

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

that whm lily mechanic is somehow even more boring than I expected it to be

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

I can't watch videos at work so can someone clarify:

I see Esuna is cross-class and earlier-than-Leeches, is there any indication if what replaced Leeches or does Scholar get both and Leeches just doesn't take up a cross-class slot?

The goal seems to have been to reduce the overall number of skills. Nothing specific seems to have replaced Leeches, it's just gone. So are Sustain, Virus, and Miasma II.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Gizmo Chicken posted:

In other news, Bane got nerfed into the ground. rip SCH AoE DPS.
holy poo poo I didn't notice that on my first look

that's brutal

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

SirPhoebos posted:

I wish this was official:

I want this more than I knew I was capable of wanting things

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Firstborn posted:

Okay, so there's no way to skip to making a Samurai without paying a lot of money. Do Samurai start at level 1? I'm confused as to how character levels and job levels work. If you level a dude up to 60, then switch jobs, do you go and have to kill squirrels again?

I guess it wouldn't be a good idea to be a "story jump potion" if I want to find out about rotating gunblades (which I do). None of the base jobs interest me very much (outside of like... Dragoon).

The "story" is a terrible, neverending procession of fetch quests, so if you can afford the story jump potion please save yourself

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Oxyclean posted:

I wonder if the new maps will make it more obvious fore new players that coming from Limsa via ferry is a shorter route then the Thanalan Aetherite.

I was level 51 before someone told me that

Squenix should be jailed for not putting a bind point in Vesper Bay

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

It is extremely important that you teleport back and forth between Vesper Bay and tiny pisspot towns on other continents, repeatedly, in order to unlock boring cutscenes with embarrassingly bad voice acting. It is even more important that you profess to enjoy it and insist that others do as well. The monster killing stuff is secondary, that's the real game.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Leofish posted:

A sign of things to come.

jesus christ

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

hahah

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

MechaCrash posted:

I keep seeing people say to throw away the lovely cards, but when I right clicked the "drew (card)" buff to get rid of it, I still had the 30 second recast on Draw.
Draw starts its recast timer when you dispose of the card (use it/spread it/RR it/throw it away/let it expire), so if you just let the card expire without using it you'll have a minute between draws.

The reason you throw it away instead of just using it is usually you don't want to waste a good royal road on a poo poo card.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

lol that's gotta be the same guy from this reddit post this morning

Ran into a fully geared DRK using nothing but Flash through an entire Sohm Al Hard run. Didn't even autoattack.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

It's like they made a class just for me.

I dont think we have enough evidence to say Red Mage is garbage this early

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Excuse me, sprouts will spoke when spoken to.

lmao

Saint Freak posted:

Actually I've counted all their available flamethrowers and I'm sad to say they're at 0.

fair point, withdrawn

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

line 4401 still says 20%, there are multiple entries

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

It's really frustrating to new players to die, get rezzed, and then die immediately again because you now have 4 max hp. Or so I'm told, I've never failed at anything in my life, least of all a video game.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Thumbtacks posted:

That potd change SUCKS, drat.

It's really not that big a deal

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I don't know if any of you have ever hit a sufficiently low point in your life where you saw a Mrs. Freshly bun in a gas station and were like "yeah, that should be inside me," but let me assure you that the 1% xp is not worth it

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

MotU posted:

also has scholar been changed radically or will I be able to ease back into it coming from like a couple months at 60?

Scholar got simpified some: it lost a fair number of utility buttons to click, and its rotation/dot maintenance duties in 4.0 should be significantly simplified. Also its AOE got hammered. Its big new mechanics are a big channeled heal for the faerie and a sort of predictive heal mechanic. It, like the White Mage, will spend 4.0 sucking turds out of the Astrologian's rear end.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Grondoth posted:

The male whm has a corset. With it tied in a bow in the back

why

easy access

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Fat_Cow posted:

Can someone with good coordinates tell me WHERE in Ul'dah the Quest NPCs are? I wanna grab that, do the quest and get the hell out.

from reddit:

SAM
RDM

• Locked thread