Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

...Is that a Lalafell DRK? :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Thumbtacks posted:

864k xp from 50 to 51, apparently. OH BOY

Concidering that they said that the story is supposed to last as long as 2.0 did, I am not too shocked over that jump.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Well, I hit the final story level roadblock, so I guess it is safe to look at this thread again. I really enjoyed the main scenario, even if the pacing can be kind of weird. A lot like the ARR main scenario, really.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So as I understand it, reading the thread, of the new jobs, MCH is doing well for itself, while DRK and AST, while not in a terrible place, could do with some tweeks.

I have not seen DRK in action much as I was running WAR, but AST seemed to struggle at times compared to the other healers.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Anyone else really like the Gnath/Vath, if only that they are the only beastman tribe without an obnoxious vocal tic?

On the other hand, I can only guess the guy who was in charge of writting those tics must have been out sick when they translated them, which led to him overcompensating on the Vanu Vanu :cripes:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
And I just completed the MSQ. Really enjoyed it even if some of the level road blocks are aggravating, and they have a lot to play with for the upcoming patch storylines.

Just one thought, though: As metal as it was, one would have thought that Estinine would have eventually had his armor hosed down or something. After I while, it stopped being METAL and more "Wouldn't the Nidhogg jiblets go bad eventually?"

One question: Do they change anything in the 1-50 or patch storylines if you start off as an Au Ra?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Wait, people seriously did not know you can teleport from the map? :psyduck:

I mean I guess it is not obvious, but I have been doing it for so long that I can't imagine not doing it like that.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Fumble posted:

Is there a point in the game where it starts to get awesome? I got up to the level 20 in the story and class quests, and just haven't seen anything so far that would make me want to keep playing.
The combat feels weak and unsatisfying and probably 80% of the non story quests have been pick up item from npc a and hand it over to npc b.
The bread crumbing has been quite bad and alot of times i was left in a dead zone because I'm not high enough level to pick quests up where the main story has taken me and not really knowing where to go. The map is fairly unhelpful and alot of the time unreadable.
What am i missing? Because i have heard a lot of hype about how slick and polished the game is ment to be, and so far haven't seen anything to justify it.

Do you like the story or world? If so, then I would say stick with it. The early levels were explicitly designed to be baby's first MMO, and you are at the point where they start to remove the training wheels.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
My only regret in not pursuing the Relic Quest that far is that Baruva is such a cool looking axe...

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I got around to doing Neverreap and it is a neat dungeon, but holy crap do the mobs take forever to kill. Just as well I suppose since the main challenge is dealing with environmental hazards along with wrangling enemies, but drat.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Re: Minotaur

Man, someone on the dev team really loves Coincounter...

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Sorry, how does one tell if you are in DF with a bot? I had a Brayflox NM run yesterday where we had a PLD who did not use Shield Throw to pull (He was literally running in and using flash), was comboing Riot Blade, and did not acknowledge chat at all. We finally had enough by the third boss and kicked him.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I was just told by a healer that if I have Raw Intuition up and I receive a heal from behind, it will crit. Does this hold water? My untrained eye did not notice it.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

LunarShadow posted:

It did. They fixed it already.

I figured it was probably a bug.

Shame, I can only imagine the filthy macros that could have followed this.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

seiferguy posted:

6) Turn up the volume and enjoy the ridiculously great music

This. A thousand times this. :ussr:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Lately with my WAR, I have been having Defiance drop inexplicably when warping into DF runs. Like, I prepare Defiance into advance just when I queue, but when I get in I see that it is off. Is this a bug, or some sort of limitation?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Carew posted:

Some people are incredibly rigid mentally and will cease to function if events outside of their expectations occur. I've had tanks refuse to push further because I (whm) wouldn't sleep mobs in trash packs in garbage trivial instances. I've also had a blm who stopped doing damage because nobody cared about his cc being broken with aoe.

...Who uses CC in this game? All of the tanks have at least one AOE threat skill by Satasha.

Heck, I used to mark mobs, but I don't bother ever since 50.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
HEY GUYS I LOVE FRACTURE IN FACT THAT IS THE ONLY SKILL I USE EVEN WHILE TANKING COME TELL ME I AM AN IDIOT INSTEAD OF DISCUSSING WHATEVER THAT LINK IS I AM SURE IT IS NOT IMPORTANT.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I am leveling MCH on the side currently because I find the class fun, even if it is not the best DPS. However, at least in the 30s, I have been having the problem of running out of TP in long fights. Am I doing something wrong? I refresh hot shot and lead shot when appropriate, and use rapid fire when it is up.

My highest level job is WAR, where if you are running out of TP then you are doing something very wrong, so I don't know if this is normal for physical DPS classes.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

kharaa posted:

quick reload also invigorate

Looks like I need to level DRG for a bit then :v:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I hate to ask, but how do you do 3xFell Cleave? I only know how to do it twice consecutively.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is there any unofficial word on how well the game plays with Windows 10? I have Windows 7 and I will probably wait to upgrade till I hear something on that.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Captain Oblivious posted:

I can't believe we're having to spend an entire page of the thread explaining to somebody how being underpowered isn't fun and yet here we loving are.

Will the wonders never cease

Never change FFXIV thread.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Well, I finally pried myself from other games to get back into FFXIV, get Alexander done, and maybe level a job or two on the side. But first, lets see what this Moonfire Faire thing is abou

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Should I put stat points into Piety for DRK? :v:

EDIT: only partially joking

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Kalenn Istarion posted:

So, let me get the last page straight. People pay actual real money for other people to play their games for them. This is a thing that happens.

Real money for cheevos

And billing out at nearly what I can get as a CFA with 10 years experience.

Like who the gently caress buys this stuff??

Man it sure will feel good if I pay some guy to get me that "The Melusine" title. gently caress actually playing the game, that's for poors!

:psypop:

We are living in the lamest cyberpunk future.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I just watched the trailer. So it looks like only the Vanu Vanu are getting beast tribe dallies? If so, it kind of blows that the inferior HW beast race gets their dallies first.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Hi, I haven't played since clearing the Heavensward Main Scenario content. How much Post Heavensward patch MS content is there and is it conceivable to shotgun through it before Stormblood hits?

Also, will I be able to squeeze in the new Hildabrant stuff?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
If I may ask, what is the state of WAR these days?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Fair enough. Still, not like I have a choice, it is my only max level job

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
And I just resuscribed. Still wish that it would let you download the drat client without having an active subscription but that is a petty gripe.

...So I have this, but then I also signed up for the FFV four job fiesta, which is starting around the time this drops.

...Motherfucker

P.S. I know about the ImpAtom part of the story, but what the hell happened here that caused a redtext avatar spree?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Question about Fantasia: Does it allow you to change you character name? I might want to get in touch with my inner catgirl.

Also, and no spoilers plz, do they ever find the Heaven Sward? :v:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So I just made iLvl requirement at what I think is the second to last story required dungeon (Xelphatol), and I see that the final story dungeon is requires iLvl 230 :shepicide:

I wanted to get through the patch content before Friday, but it doesn't look likely at this point. Not unless I skip work and poopsock 8v8 Feast tomorrow, anyway, and I can't really do that. If it is stated or if the last expansion patch is an indicator, will the requirements for story dungeons be done away with on Friday, or at least lessened? I know that they will have the story dungeons hand out gear. I think I may as well just wait until the patch hits. I already got the expansion but at least I got a discount out of it if not early access.

EDIT: To those who say "You should have poopsocked Feast in the first place for gear", please consider that I am an goddamned idiot.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I appreciate the offer, but I am not on Excalibur.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
EDIT: Seriously, I like to think that I am not really "rushing" anything except maybe to get gear, and I already said that I am not killing myself trying to get everything done by tomorrow that this point. And chances are I am probably going to complete Hildibrant, the other patch side quests, and the rest of the dungeons before setting foot into Stormblood anyway. I just wanted to ask a couple of questions.

EDIT2: I removed the original reply and I apologize for it.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Jun 14, 2017

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I guess that no one really knows what the 4.0 patch will do to the post 3.0 patch MS in terms of requirements and/or item rewards.

I can live with taking a few more days to meet requirements. I just wanted to know if it would be worth it to wait a couple of days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
My guild is primarily EU and they are jumping to the new EU server when it opens. I do want to go with them since they are awesome people but I do worry about my ping, what with me being in NA.

I just remembered that I used to use WTFast and that worked out well back when I was on a slightly worse connection, so I am hoping that would help at least.

• Locked thread