Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Man, this game has so many puns in its creature names. Pseudoarachnia navarona for the Man-at-Legs?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Guns_of_Navarone_(film)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Man, this game has so many puns in its creature names. Pseudoarachnia navarona for the Man-at-Legs?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Guns_of_Navarone_(film)

I just noticed this myself yesterday when doing a second runthrough with my girlfriend and came here to post it, alas, someone got there first. She, being less versed in WW2 adventure films, couldn't understand my sudden laughing fit when I checked out the description.

Great job so far on the LP!

Faylone
Feb 18, 2012
Ah, the Man-at-Legs, the SECOND most likely enemy to be able to kill a human, even accounting for Olimar only being an inch tall. If you don't land a smashing blow on it before it fires, it's shot you with a loving GUN.

As for the machine proposing the fusing, bear in mind...they have a ship with an AI, that is entirely NOT out of the question for a reasonable thing to them. So this puts humanity's extinction in the setting possibly as "The robots gained sentience, looked around and saw that insects are pretty drat widespread and decided to throw in with them instead of us, and we used nukes but failed"

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I laughed at the video title, but drat if you can't hide from that gun behind a chest-high wall.

Or was it taller than that? The perspective makes it hard to tell.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Catching up on the thread, this is still a fun LP.

Those "LED"s are actually vacuum tubes.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Oops its been over two months since the last update I am not good at this.

This LP isn't dead, I swear, I just lost my momentum with it, and its very hard to get that back once its lost. BUT there are some episodes coming up very soon that I am editing as I speak and come hell or high water, gnome and I are finishing this game. So look forward to that I guess!

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
We understand if you need to take a break to do some soul searching after Arctic Alive.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Episode 26 - I'm Glad I Like Spiders

Seriously though if you have severe arachnophobia that tends to be triggered by things that look spidery even if they're not actually spiders, maybe just listen to this one, there's a lot of spider-ish things!

(also hi we recorded this like a month ago oops)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

"Fellowship is the new Star Citizen."

That's just mean.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
I'm glad you made a reference to the best episode of Jojo, gnome. I could listen to Okuyasu review food in surprisingly verbose terms forever. :allears:

Also yeah, the music in that last cave was incredible.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I was thinking of being a shill for the frog hat again, but gnome beat me to it.

Oh well, I"m here anyway. BUY FROG HAT POP FILTERS!

I'm not just saying that because it is watching me. Judging me...

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I had Fae's Etsy store bookmarked at one point for when I had money for all the pikmin but now I have a new microphone and I genuinely need a pop filter.

IT MUST BE A FROG.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Episode 27 - Spiders And Frogs, Teaming Up At Last

Spider warning still in effect, we meet some dweevils in the first couple of minutes!

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
No, Mr. Frog! Olimar is a friend!

MR. FROG WHY

GalenEvil
Apr 22, 2014
Mr.Frog was just aggressively hugging Olimar!

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

:siren:HI ITS AN UPDATE:siren:

Episode 28 - I Want To Cook One

I'm still not entirely sure why these episodes rendered in like 480p for some reason but whatever. We recorded two more sessions that I have all edited and uploaded so we should be back to regular updates with Pikmin, once again I'm real sorry for the amount of delays this LP has had, it seems to be cursed

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
You should try vegetarian sushi. No fish, just the good stuff.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

One thing that hasn't been brought up (yet?) is that The Key looks pretty much exactly like the keys in Super Mario World.

I wonder whether you'll be going back to that dungeon.

Thyself D. Mad
Jan 14, 2015

Faerie Fortune posted:

:siren:HI ITS AN UPDATE:siren:

Episode 28 - I Want To Cook One

I'm still not entirely sure why these episodes rendered in like 480p for some reason but whatever. We recorded two more sessions that I have all edited and uploaded so we should be back to regular updates with Pikmin, once again I'm real sorry for the amount of delays this LP has had, it seems to be cursed

At least it's only a minor curse- Your house hasn't been visited by wasps. Anyways, enjoying the lp alot!

GeminiSun
Feb 16, 2011

The delay just made your return all the sweeter! Welcome back.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

The radar hadn't turned off when you left the dungeon and neither of you seemed to notice. :argh:

E: Also it sounds like what you had was more sashimi than sushi.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
Spidorbs don't scare me at all, dweevils do slightly with their skittering. But my arachnophobia has been receding over the years so I might not be much of an example.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Has anyone else noticed that Fae had gotten a lot better at video games lately?

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Episode 29 - Really Emotional About Spiders

Spiders are super cute though for real, some keep tiny frogs as pets!

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I had a pet tarantula as a kid! His name was Steve! Then my miniature schnauzer ate him and they both died. It was a tough day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Curse you cliffhangers!

At any rate, I would say gamecube era was when 3d game designers skill combined with the tech allowed for games to age well. A lot of 2d games have aged very well (I'm looking at you DKC series), but people got so excited about the 3d thing they were willing to accept terrible art design. (To be fair the tools were pretty bad back then as well)

• Locked thread