Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
No sense in hurting yourself for our amusement. Do what you need to do, Fae.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Faerie Fortune posted:

Oh, and I forgot to mention. To keep my LP muscle going, I've decided to do a screenshot LP of a game I really like, that I've actually played before, and does not require any manual dexterity to play! I'll probably be posting the first update of that later today if things go well!
Yeah, this sounds like a great time to get into some point and click adventures, turn based RPGs or visual novels.

You've probably already played Phoenix Wright though

FishOnAPiano
Oct 9, 2012
Yikes.That's a big 'ol pile of suckage, don't worry in the slightest about not catering to our whims when you've got nonsense like that to deal with.
...I am looking forward to seeing what that SS LP'll be, though.

On the topic of the video, I was expecting the spicy spray to irritate the boss somehow, maybe make them stop attacking for a while because they're freaking out from the burning or something, not just TURN TO STONE.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

JT Jag posted:

Yeah, this sounds like a great time to get into some point and click adventures, turn based RPGs or visual novels.

How about doing an LP of Lesbian Noir Detectives: The Visual Novel aka Black Closet? There's never a bad time for those things.

sharkbeard
Jun 24, 2013

Completely Unamused
Just take everything easy, Fae. You're a nice let's player and just re-running old episodes as podcasts while I'm cooking is really fun. Relax and take everything at an easy pace. No one will be upset if you take breaks

sharkbeard fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Feb 2, 2016

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I was planning on doing a big order of your Pikmin from your Etsy store, but I'd rather you get your hands and such fixed first. Please get as full a recovery as you can, Fae. I can order one of every color later.

Not being able to play video games or crochet has got to be driving you loving crazy and that needs to be remedied ASAP.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Wrist update: got the forms I need to fill out to be referred to physiotherapy and I'm slowly filling them out (add writing to the list of things I'm no longer allowed to do for very long) but despite my doctor saying I should keep to natural movements, I decided to chat to the pharmacist today and he suggested a tube bandage thingy for the moment for support. I just put it on but I do feel slightly better already, we'll see how it goes!

Also, thank you for all your kind words, friends :3: it means a lot to me!

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
I'm glad you're gonna get treatment and also that you a less wrist-intensive LP to do in the meantime. Hope you'll get better soon!

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I have no idea where or even if to post this because Fire Emblem chat was ages ago in the MP thread, this is kind of a spoiler for it, and it's more relevant to OoT which I missed, but I'll call it relevant to cheering you up despite the RSI because I'm not sure if you were ever told this happened (Fae is the name of a unit in FE6. I don't think this LPer was following your thread):

vilkacis posted:

Also I had this strange notion that I promised someone a Fae wearing Link's hat and this is as close to it as we're going to get.

Curse you 16 colour palette limit :argh:

There's also this amazing coincidence in that same thread.

vilkacis posted:

..Fae is not a horse!
^<>^<>

Glidergun
Mar 4, 2007
The thing Louie's music does has a name - it's called a swung rhythm. It is pretty common in jazz and swing music, but shows up in other places as well.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Glidergun posted:

The thing Louie's music does has a name - it's called a swung rhythm. It is pretty common in jazz and swing music, but shows up in other places as well.

Syncopation also. When you get notes off the beat, it creates the more awkward unbalanced motion.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
It was me. I was the one who wanted Fae in the Link hat. Because that LP was going on at around the same time as Faerie Fortune's OoT Blind LP and remembering that FE6 has an adorable murder chicken named Fae reduced me to an immobile pile of giggles.

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth
Here's hoping your RSI stuff gets sorted comfortably, and with the minimum amount of stress! Take all the time you need, Fae :D

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Oh hi there thread, didn't see you there. I was too busy getting everything ready for :siren:Update Time!:siren:

Episode 16 - The Not Friend Count

(its good to be back, friends :3:)

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Yay, great to have you back!

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!
Seeing this updated again after so long made my day.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

You're back! :neckbeard: That cannon beetle business even looks fun.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Mad World randomly got stuck in my head yesterday during work, then I remembered the old tragedy. Now you're back for to make new, but still tragic memories.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
You got like a million times better sense of direction while you were out.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Yay, it's back!

So looking forward to your reaction when you get those last five white pikmin and you can finally have 20 of each kind following you.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

So guys, its my 30th birthday today! I figured what better way to celebrate than with a :siren:Double Update!:siren: This may or may not also have something to do with the fact that my girlfriend is also visiting for a few days and I'll probably forget to post a video on Tuesday but let's just pretend I'm being super generous today

Episode 17 - Can't Stop The Dumple
Episode 18 - I Will Name Him Sgt Fuzzles

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.
Happy birthday! :toot:

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
Happy birthday! :frogbon:

Also, wow, cannon beetles are pretty awful if they can hit you from outside your field of view. I don't think anything outside of bosses has required the player to react that fast.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
happy birthday

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Happy birthday! :toot:

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Happy birthday! Let's celebrate with the return of The Wall of Fallen Pikmin(Now with Sgt. Fuzzles!)!

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
Happy birthday!! :D

I'm bingewatching your pikmin videos now. I need to play these games. Oh, why can't the gamecube games be downloadable to WiiU!

GalenEvil
Apr 22, 2014
Happy Birthday and welcome back!

sharkbeard
Jun 24, 2013

Completely Unamused
Happy birthday, and stay strong!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Happy birthday! :dance:

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
Happy Birthday

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Happy Birthday, Fae!

May Sgt. Fuzzles never die.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.
Happy birthday!

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Is it too late to say happy birthday? I didn't have a chance to watch these for a while. :saddowns:

The clutch building of that bridge and discovery of that cave though, :drat:. I would not have the courage to assign my Pikmin to anything but staying the hell in my squad while it counted down from 2. :golfclap:

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Mar 21, 2016

DFlux
Apr 25, 2008
Happy birthday, also thinking on it; the fact that the ship names the bear carving a fossilized bear means it knows what bears are, so I want you to imagine for a bit a bear the size of a quarter.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

DFlux posted:

Happy birthday, also thinking on it; the fact that the ship names the bear carving a fossilized bear means it knows what bears are, so I want you to imagine for a bit a bear the size of a quarter.
Maybe one might even call it a bugbear?

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

So guys, there won't be an update on Friday but that's because I'll be participating in a 24 hour stream in support of Extra Life! Stream starts at noon EDT on Friday 28th and will continue until noon on Saturday! We don't have anything Pikmin related but we do have a fun variety of other games played by me and my buddies, including a life Sonic Adventure 2 race, some multiplayer Rocket League and Oregon Trail! So feel free to donate to a good cause but if you can't, just come along and laugh at me being awfully sleepy instead!

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Anyone remember the ad for the game? :stare: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2m3NgZk7eE

On a unrelated note: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gFl2OXySs8

Digamma-F-Wau fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Mar 22, 2016

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Late happy birthday, Fae! You are an awesome person, and your OoT LP is one of my favorite LPs ever. I told a friend about it, and it's now one of his favorites as well. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

I'll be looking forwards to seeing your charity stream! You're fun and pleasant to listen to. I've been rewatching your LPs, went through OoT and now onto Pikmin.

And I discovered this gem: "I'm gonna get Carpal Tunnel doing this", (16:36) said Faerie Fortune the 23rd of July last year. Actually earlier because of recordings but I don't think that matters.

• Locked thread