Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I could have sworn this game was out on the N64, but I guess not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
It really seems like the boss fights in this seem to be along the lines of "Throw Pikmin, wait until something visibly changes, throw more Pikmin". But it's cute as poo poo so I can't really complain.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Honestly, I think Fae is doing a drat good job. 30 days means roughly 1 part a day, so as far as I'm concerned any time she's ahead of that she's doing a fantastic job. And she's pretty well ahead of that. Go Fae! I WILL bust out the pom-poms if I have to.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Faerie Fortune posted:

brb proposing to my girlfriend so I can have this cake

Cake can be used for any celebrations. Doing laundry, for example. Or replacing the toilet paper roll.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
There are more of those beetles in Pikmin 2? That seems like it could get tedious to play real fast.

My favorite snack depends on my mood. There's this awesome garlic and herb spread called Rondele that I love putting on crackers. But when my sweettooth kicks in, you can't beat a nice moist, hot chocolate chip cookie with a tall cold glass of milk.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Hey Fae, I got a question for ya. If you could get one kind of Pikmin to keep as a pet, which one would it be? Red, yellow, or blue?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Is Olimar supposed to be human sized? Because that makes the Snegrets all the more terrifying.

EDIT: Thanks.

Rabbi Raccoon fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 1, 2015

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
You go Fae! You save Olimar!

Although it does beg the question. This last part is optional, right? And the Dolphin seems to be completely capable of doing what it needs to so what is the last part?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Pyroi posted:

The last part is something not required

Obviously it's a portable garden that will let Olimar bring his new buddies with him

I know it's probably not but I really kinda hope that it is. But given how lightly this game takes itself I'm putting my money on it being the back-up generator for the massager.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I like that there seem to be no enemies. I mean, I assume there's a final boss with the last part, but it's cool that this is more of a final exam than a gauntlet.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Oh no! That sounds horrible! But is it also horrible that I'm kinda wanna know the story behind that? I hope you're doing OK, Fae.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Olimar...was the life of 100+ sentient creatures worth your piggy bank?

Guys, is Pikmin really a metaphor for the capitalist takeover in America?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I get that the games are basically polar opposites, but some of the music (notably when Louie was getting his Pikmin and when getting the battery) REALLY reminds me of The 7th Guest

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I hope you're OK Fae. Depression is a serious thing I struggle with too.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
So Olimar basically waterboards them. En masse.

Such a lovely game.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

ChaosArgate posted:

It's on hold til Fae gets her hands on a capture device because Majora's Mask doesn't exactly play nice with N64 emulators.

I remember trying it and the screen getting smaller and smaller with each bell chime. Or just going all black.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Ah hurricanes. How I miss them. Good times.

Stay safe Fae.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Health comes first. Always. You do you, Fae.

And also, I thought you might like to know, a friend of mine stumbled upon your OOT LP and, knowing how much trouble I also have with Jabu-Jabu's Belly and Big Octorock, sent me the video of you fighting him with the message "You're not alone!"

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Well now I have to go play Chocobo Hot & Cold for hours. Thanks Fae.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I had a pet tarantula as a kid! His name was Steve! Then my miniature schnauzer ate him and they both died. It was a tough day.

• Locked thread