Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do spoilers ruin your life?
Yes! They make me die the small death.
No. Posting on an Internet forum is more important to me.
View Results

• Locked thread
Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I posted this in the qcs thread, but I guess we're discussing it more seriously here:

A simple spoiler like "Snape Kills Dumbledore" isn't enough to ruin things for that book/movie, because you don't really know the motivations, circumstances and so on. Snape could be killing Dumbledore as some kind of complicated plan noble sacrifice deal, for instance. In fact, the blatant short form of the spoiler actually ends up being a bit of an anti-spoiler that way because it misleads you into a partially erroneous conclusion.

Saying Bruce Willis is actually a ghost the whole time does kind of ruin the movie though, because that's basically all there is to the plot twist, and half the movie is about playing with your perspective to make you think he isn't a ghost so you look back on it after being oblivious for 2 hours and go "OOOOHHHHH". If you're not oblivious the first time, or you don't get the chance to figure it out yourself during the movie and before the reveal, that effect is ruined. You basically get the chance to watch two movies for the price of one.

The GoT toilet thing is probably somewhere in the middle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I care about spoilers and am maximum :smug: about having guessed the outcome before the end.

MYTH BUSTED

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Whatever you say, sociopath.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

"George Lucas" is just the figurehead-name given to a certain part of the military-entertainment complex.

• Locked thread