Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do spoilers ruin your life?
Yes! They make me die the small death.
No. Posting on an Internet forum is more important to me.
View Results

• Locked thread
BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I get trolling and yeah it can be funny and all, but I don't get why some people can't just keep their mouths shut, like the dickheads who run the imdb social media feeds who've spoiled two shows in the last year. One when a character died in Walking Dead before it could air on the otherside of the US and again this week just gone when they put up a picture of a game of thrones Character who had died. What the hell was the point?

Bane breaking batman and throwing him into prison and his re-birth was spoiled in some discussion completely unrelated to the movie I read a day after it's international release. Just a casual line about "well if batman can have his back repaired with some ropes, climb out of prison and re-take gotham..." It didn't really ruin the movie, but it was a little frustrating to have something that was supposed to give a little suspense to the narrative ruined because some idiot thinks oh I know what happens gently caress everyone else.

Snape kills dumbledore was funny enough and didn't affect anything because it was heavily foreshadowed at the start of the book that dumbledore was hosed and didn't impact the overall story much at all even when you knew dumbledore wasn't going to die that wasn't the main point of the book.

If I click on a thread in here about a movie a week after it's release I'm dumb enough for getting spoiled, if I'm reading at article on boxing or something and it gets spoiled two days after its released though I'm gonna be a bit annoyed.

Even small throwaway spoilers can ruin a movie or tv series. You can still enjoy it yeah, but why do it. Unless your goal is to ruin something for people which whatever, I get it your a sad neglected man child who is just looking for attention, but casually dropping spoilers in stuff un-related to the movie or show and then getting defensive about it is something I don't understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread