Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do spoilers ruin your life?
Yes! They make me die the small death.
No. Posting on an Internet forum is more important to me.
View Results

• Locked thread
Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Spoilers are about control. I can't think of a case either where they have ever outright ruined a thing either, but if someone spoils something for you then that's out of your hands, it removes your own ability to approach something with your own expectations and you can never be sure if you would have had a different reaction if you went in unspoiled. It's only going to be a problem for some people, but when it is a problem, it's an extreme annoyance. Like I said, it's not gonna ruin anything entirely, but at worst it can be incredibly distracting to watch a film, and constantly just wanting the spoiled thing to come up so your mind can actually get over it and focus on taking in the film on your own terms.

That's the thing, spoilers are just annoying as gently caress and change your first viewing experience. People make such a big deal out of them because they only really happen when other people impose them on you, it's a simple matter of courtesy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread